Print Thread
M
Matumbu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hi guys.

I am loving the game so far! I have some questions for experienced players.

I am currently at level 7. I am playing with only 2 characters so far (Wizard and Kinght), no companions or henchmans. Because of that, almost all fights are very challenging.

I want to know how experience is awarded to characters. Is it split between them? If I have 4 characters they will get half the experience compared to only having 2? I mean, does playing with only two characters make them level faster and stronger overall?

Another question is about "hybrid" builds. My Knight currently only have Man-At-Arms skills and is focused on Strenght. If I make him half Knight half Ranger (Marksman) spliting points between Strenght and Dextrery will him get gimped at higher levels? I don't want to make that choice to find out 10 hours later that I can't progress because I made him weak ...

What about the Wizard, how many "schools" of magic are recommended to get at most? 3, 4?

Last question is about Lone Wolf perk. I read somewhere that it is only worth chosing Lone Wolf perk at level 1, because at higher levels you will not get all benefits from it. Is that true?

Thank you very much!

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Experience is given out equally, no splitting. If you're playing with two characters without lone wolf, you're just playing a gimped party.

The lone wolf talent gives an extra skill point per level, I'd argue it's pretty much mandatory if you want hybrid characters. And yes, you take it during character creation or not at all, that skill point bonus is not retroactive.

The game's difficulty ramps up around level 10, so I reckon your two man party is probably screwed.

Regarding schools of magic, I have two mages at level 18, both with lone wolf. I've mastered two schools of magic on each along with 3 or 4 points in several support skills (crafting, telekinesis, willpower, bodybuilding). I don't recommend trying to master more than two schools, but taking one or two points in other schools to diversify a bit is fine, there are plenty of good helpful low level spells.

M
Matumbu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Originally Posted by DarkFenix
Experience is given out equally, no splitting. If you're playing with two characters without lone wolf, you're just playing a gimped party.

The lone wolf talent gives an extra skill point per level, I'd argue it's pretty much mandatory if you want hybrid characters. And yes, you take it during character creation or not at all, that skill point bonus is not retroactive.

The game's difficulty ramps up around level 10, so I reckon your two man party is probably screwed.

Regarding schools of magic, I have two mages at level 18, both with lone wolf. I've mastered two schools of magic on each along with 3 or 4 points in several support skills (crafting, telekinesis, willpower, bodybuilding). I don't recommend trying to master more than two schools, but taking one or two points in other schools to diversify a bit is fine, there are plenty of good helpful low level spells.

Thank you very much for your reply.

If its not worth taking Lone Wolf at this time and Experience received does not depend on party size, I will get two henchmans. One ranged and another mage.

Thanks!

old hand
old hand
Lone wolf is not mandatory at all. Its actually an enabled cheat that makes the game much easier then it should be or is, anyway.

It is better to take it early on, because you will get more skill points over the whole game like that, but you can take it half way through too. Youll just miss the skill points for levels you already got.

As for hybrids, i guess mixing strength and dexterity based character would be the worst option. Because you do need some points spent into speed and constitution, and perception is very useful too.

I would suggest tkaing on one of the magic skills instead... but that just makes you spend points on Intelligence... which is the same thing as doing dexterity so no, youre all good any which way you do it.

The game is actually made to be played with jacks of all trades.
The classes at the start of the game are just examples put there for ease of use.
Nothing mandatory about it.

Besides, you will find equipment and items that will boost your other attributes any which way you play.

So its all up to you.

M
Matumbu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Hiver
Lone wolf is not mandatory at all. Its actually an enabled cheat that makes the game much easier then it should be or is, anyway.

It is better to take it early on, because you will get more skill points over the whole game like that, but you can take it half way through too. Youll just miss the skill points for levels you already got.

As for hybrids, i guess mixing strength and dexterity based character would be the worst option. Because you do need some points spent into speed and constitution, and perception is very useful too.

I would suggest tkaing on one of the magic skills instead... but that just makes you spend points on Intelligence... which is the same thing as doing dexterity so no, youre all good any which way you do it.

The game is actually made to be played with jacks of all trades.
The classes at the start of the game are just examples put there for ease of use.
Nothing mandatory about it.

Besides, you will find equipment and items that will boost your other attributes any which way you play.

So its all up to you.

Thank you!

P
stranger
stranger
P
I have picked a tanky fighter with lone wolf, and a ranger without to get a healer onboard. Now my healer is also a geomancer + pyrokinetic + hydrosophist (last one is logical) (summon + poison + BOOM!). It is to be said i only play on normal, but when that is said, my tank never dropped below 50% health, since most enemies tend to focus on summoned creatures only... This means that you can just use him as pure DPS instead.

All you relly have to worry about is spells (and they can hurt if they use teleport, and lava is neaby) I do not know if behavior is changing on higher levels of difficulty, but this is my experience...

As soon as I am done with this playthrough im going to start a four peops team instead for that extra BOOM laugh

T
T
Strength+Dex hybrid is gimped. You need more attribute points than you're given to use the best weapons of both, but if you can't use the best of both there's no reason to use more than one because weapons scale extremely fast.

Str and dex are the worst stats as their strongest point is simply gear requirements.

Link Copied to Clipboard