Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm not sure but I really think that the homestead is severly bugged in my game... frown

I'm on level 17 (almost 18) now with over 65 hours into the game (with is quite much because I know Cyseal by heart from my 30 hours into the beta) and I completely cleared Cyseal, Luculla Forest (+mines) and Hiberheim and I also got to Hunter's Edge and solved the Knight's Tomb. I own EIGHT inert stones and TWO blood stones, which means 10 star stones in total. Nevertheless Zixzax never opened a new portal (the fifth) in the Homestead for me again in the last 20-25 hours into the game with several new stones collected. The last one was the forth portal where you could choose an element. He never opened the fifth portal where I'm able to respec my chars.

I think I've possibly triggered this "bug" because I've entered Phantom Forest too early. After that the Homestead gets attacked and maybe that's the reason why Zixzax doesn't respond to me and my newly found inert stones anymore...

People always told me that I should wait for more stones and some told me that that the fifth portal was opened for them with only 5-7 stones in their inventory. If I've missed something, please let me know. If that is just "normal" and ten stones in total are not enough to open the fifth portal which enables respecing my chars I think it would be a bad design decision. I mean what would be the point in offering the respec option so late in the game with supposedly more than 2/3 of the game already over?

Anyone else made similar experiences?

Last edited by LordCrash; 07/07/14 04:27 PM.

WOOS
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Have you tried talking to the statue in Homestead (the golden Titan with elements all over)?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Songbird
Have you tried talking to the statue in Homestead (the golden Titan with elements all over)?

Nope, but I'll try. Thanks.

WOOS
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So, I know definitely think my Homestead is seriously, seriously bugged and I have some slight worries that I won't be able to finish the game... frown

Why do I think so?

Well, I'm level 18 now. I've cleared all of Cyseal, Hiberheim and Luculla Forest (apart from the little part in the north with the void demons). I've solved everything in Hunter's Edge. I've put more than 60 hours into the game without much reloading or redoing. I have 11 blood/invert stones now.

But...

I still only have four open portals in the Homestead (Observatory, Hall of Heroes, Bedrooms, Elemental Zone which you could choose yourself). That's it. There is no option whatsover to open more portals (six of them are still inactive, always three of each side to the south.
I've talked to Zixzax, the White Witch and the Timeweaver lady without any result trying all dialogue lines. There is no option/possiblity to talk to the big golden statue in the middle for me like suggested in the last post here neither.

I have made some screenshots to underpin my report:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Larian, please help me. This seems like a really serious (maybe game breaking) bug to me. Please don't tell me that my last X hours of gameplay were just pointless... Really, I love this game to the teeth but something like that mustn't happen in a final release version. I can live with minor bugs in side quests, random crashes, graphical glitches and technical hiccups but I can't accept bugs in the main story of a game. That just sucks balls! frown

Last edited by LordCrash; 08/07/14 07:08 PM.

WOOS
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
It's not a bug, though it is confusing and annoying.

You solve this situation by... spoiler...
Killing the giant blood stone in the area far north in Luculla Forest, past one of the three paths of immaculates/demons/lava. That closes the portal that is causing the meteors to rain, which allows you to continue unlocking the homestead (current stones consumed still add to the progression, it's just delayed until you solve this problem).

You need a tenebrium weapon (or void damage enchanted weapon I think?) to kill the blood stone. You will likely have to sneak past some invulnerable minions to get to it, even if you go through the immaculates.

Last edited by Simulacrum; 08/07/14 07:36 PM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Simulacrum

Killing the giant blood stone in the area far north in Luculla Forest, past one of the three paths of immaculates/demons/lava. That closes the portal that is causing the meteors to rain, which allows you to continue unlocking the homestead (current stones consumed still add to the progression, it's just delayed until you solve this problem).

You need a tenebrium weapon (or void damage enchanted weapon I think?) to kill the blood stone. You will likely have to sneak past some invulnerable minions to get to it, even if you go through the immaculates.

Wow, thanks mate. smile

So it's not a bug but a serious design flaw. I dare to say it, but that's better because there is a solution...

But nevertheless, please "fix" that, Larian, or make it more clear. Or you take away the fun of exploring the homestead from your players, including the respecing option...

WOOS
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Wow, thanks mate. smile

So it's not a bug but a serious design flaw. I dare to say it, but that's better because there is a solution...

But nevertheless, please "fix" that, Larian, or make it more clear. Or you take away the fun of exploring the homestead from your players, including the respecing option...

Not a problem smile

Took me a while to figure out as well.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Wow, thanks mate. smile

Not a problem smile

Took me a while to figure out as well.

I mean, I was there but I went elsewhere after I had no chance against the demons' invulnerability. I thought it would perhaps be relevant later in the game...

As I said, my "failure" was that I entered Phantom Forest too early and triggered the attack on the Homestead. Maybe Larian should put that trigger behind some high level enemies (lvl 16+) to make clear that it's "end game content" that could render your homestead kind of useless and confusing until you figure that out with the void demons...

WOOS
E
stranger
stranger
E

wow, fucking thank you. I have had the exact same problem. I am 91 hours into the game, level 20, and have two fucking portals open. This better do it.

journeyman
journeyman
omg at lvl 18 an u hav 145 armor?

i got 170 an block 50%

tibernian axe dmg 350

too OP brah

Spaghetti is life, Spaghetti is love.
F
stranger
stranger
F
Bump!

If I use any blood stones during this period, the portals will open after i do the spoiler part right?

Link Copied to Clipboard