Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
addict
Originally Posted by MetaMoose
Originally Posted by dlux
This is why you should get a Radeon card.

I had a Radeon card a few years back. I hated the damned thing. It sounded like a jet engine readying for take off whenever I played a game. Generally I love my Nvidia GPUs I've had since then. Almost all the games I have run perfectly well. This has nothing to do with Nvidia support at this point and everything to do with Larian's poor support.

AMD = less problems and a much better price-performance ratio smile

You had a very loud card a few years back? You sure it wasn't an Nvidia FX GPU? xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qspdnAYiiug

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M

AMD = less problems and a much better price-performance ratio smile

This statement is totally unsubstantiated.

Please do not turn my thread into a debate about Nvidia and AMD. I've played with AMD in the past, I didn't like them, I switched to Nvidia. End of story.

This thread is not about switching hardware to solve the issue. It is about finding the root of the issue in the hardware that is currently being utilized. Many others like myself are running similar hardware configurations so this is not just a chance happenstance. If you are not having issues or do not have similar hardware please save us the time and don't post here.

addict
addict
All I said is that AMD is better (this thread proves it once again). No need to get so butthurt about my opinion.

Last edited by dlux; 29/07/14 05:40 PM.
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
All I said is that AMD is better. No need to get so butthurt about my opinion.

Again though, I don't want this thread to turn into a debate about hardware. I don't care which brand is better. The simple fact of the matter is that customers with Nvidia mobile GPUs and Intel mobile CPUs that are of similar architect to the ones I posted in this thread seem to be having the performance related issues that I have described in this thread.

You seem to be content with your performance and your GPU and are merely advising others to go out and buy a new GPU from AMD. As my system is a laptop not only would that be economically impractical but also impossible. This thread is meant to gather information about Nvidia hardware in order to gain more understanding of what is going on with the performance of the game.

addict
addict
All I said is that AMD is better. No need to get so butthurt about my opinion.

Again though, I don't want this thread to turn into a debate about hardware.

Then ignore my comment and don't get so butthurt about an opinion.

Last edited by dlux; 29/07/14 05:51 PM.
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
The issue that I am having is not all inclusive of every piece of Nvidia hardware though. I have seen plenty of people in the forums who have GTX cards like the 670s and 680s who are having flawless performance in the game. The issue that this thread is discussing is one that has to do specifically with the mobility branch of Nvidia cards.

If you were confused on that matter then the chances are that others like yourself might be also confused.

addict
addict
I thought you didn't want to turn this thread into a debate about hardware.

You seem to be very keen on protecting Nvidia's honor for some reason. Oh well.

A
addict
addict
A
This is why you should get a Radeon card.

I have a R9 290. The game overheated this beast and PC crashes and reset. I run high/very high on crysis 3 and i don't have crashes.

Larian really need to investigate what is causing the overheating of the graphics card.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Archaven

I have a R9 290. The game overheated this beast and PC crashes and reset. I run high/very high on crysis 3 and i don't have crashes.

Huh... so it isn't just Nvidia then...

Is that R9 290 a mobility or a desktop GPU? And what kind of CPU are you running along side that? Is it an Intel i5 or i7 by chance?

Support
Support
Where are Larian these days anyways? After the personality update they went silent regarding any other patches or planned patches.

Most are on vacation, until August 4th. The release was moved back a couple times and holidays delayed until after the patch.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Raze

Most are on vacation, until August 4th.

Well that explains a lot. think

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Archaven

Huh... so it isn't just Nvidia then...

Is that R9 290 a mobility or a desktop GPU? And what kind of CPU are you running along side that? Is it an Intel i5 or i7 by chance?

R9 290 is a desktop GPU. You can easily google for the answer. I'm using i5 3570K.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Raze

Most are on vacation, until August 4th. The release was moved back a couple times and holidays delayed until after the patch.

Well, August 4th has arrived. I do not in any way expect a patch today, or even this week, if everyone just got back from vacation. That would be absurd and ridiculous to expect such a thing. But it would be nice if the Devs could post a quick update to their twitter page, or even here on the forums, giving some information on what the team is currently going to be working on throughout the next couple of weeks. I know you (Raze) said the Dev team were aware and working on the performance issues, so an update regarding how much work is needed to fix these issues would be nice.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Been a month since I last updated this thread and still no word on a fix for mobile GPUs and CPUs. Can anyone at Larian give an official eta on when these issues will be sorted out?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard