Next Thread
Print Thread
F
free25 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I really want to enjoy this game but some things are just bugging me.

Kinda Unrelated Short Rant
Maybe I get a bit obsessive when it comes to character creation with these DND types of game. I spent days planing out my char(s) for NWN2 and didnt even finish Chapter 1. But that was because gameplay was so awkward it felt like a chore

Right now im stuck in Cyseal town with a rogue + ranger and creating new gameS and not playing the new games
Anywayy..

Main Rant:

Rant Summary: Please create a mod to separate sneaking from pickpocketing.

Aside from being undecided if pushing thru with a rogue char is worth it, what has been bothering me is how to distribute utility skills amongst my main chars. But that takes up too much points

Ideally a thief should have telekinesis + sneak + pickpocket
Telekinesis + sneak to steal stuff from unreachable places and heavy stuffs.

Sneak + pickpocket because.. for some reason you dont want to be seen standing too close to someone while doing nothing*cough*

Writing the rant above helped me decide..
Sneak + pickpocket + 1 Telekinesis on one char

Lockpicking on the kooky old lady companion or my second char.

Now i need to decide if rogue is worth pushing thru. (Probably)

Last edited by free25; 08/07/14 03:47 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
A) Ability points are precious.

B) Sneak isn't very useful. Don't waste points in it. If you are behind someone, he won't see you even with 0 sneaking. That's all you need in the first few levels. Then you get access to invisibility.

C) Telekinesis is quite often found on rings, amulets. Again, no real need to put points into it.

D) For pickpocket (and other situational skills, like lockpicking, blacksmithing, crafting), save equipment that boosts it. Quite often on bracers and belts you can get easy +1 to those skills on each, even at low levels, so never go above skill level 3. For most of these you can also get +1 from the alignment system.

F
free25 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Kantay
A) Ability points are precious.

B) Sneak isn't very useful. Don't waste points in it. If you are behind someone, he won't see you even with 0 sneaking. That's all you need in the first few levels. Then you get access to invisibility.

C) Telekinesis is quite often found on rings, amulets. Again, no real need to put points into it.

D) For pickpocket (and other situational skills, like lockpicking, blacksmithing, crafting), save equipment that boosts it. Quite often on bracers and belts you can get easy +1 to those skills on each, even at low levels, so never go above skill level 3. For most of these you can also get +1 from the alignment system.

Thanks! Those are really good advices

Points in Sneak will help with Guerrilla I expect.
It should be cheaper than invi in terms of action points.

Link Copied to Clipboard