Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Read a little on wiki without completely understanding.
(I got how Ability level 1-5 determines skill level and number of skills)
Take Melee Power Stance for example.
You can put 1 in Man At Arms and use the skill while your character is at Level 1.
The Melee Power Stance description says it is Spell Level 3.
Am I suffering an unrealized penalty? I just don't get it.

stranger
stranger
No, you are not unless it specifically says that when you hover over that it is due to low skill level or a low primary stat(like intel for elemental spells),Melee Power Stance won't as it's low level and you have Man at Arms 1.

A higher stat in STR can give a boost effect to Man at Arms skills however. This works for other skill types too (Intel/Dex)

It's important to understand that Skill level is different from level required for a skill book.

The ability level (1-5) gives you a range of usable Skill levels per point without a penalty, if that helps. I don't know the exact ranges but I suspect ability level 1 is a spread of skill levels 1-5 or maybe 1-4, and so on.

Last edited by Azureblaze; 08/07/14 10:45 PM.
addict
addict
if ur int user, stick purely with INT, if ur a Dex, stick with that, if ur STR dump all points into that...hybrid classes kinda suck...i tried them all !_! Pure INT pure STR pure DEX is the key in my personal opinion. Also try to get any skill to 5 asap...like Man at Arms to level 5...and ULL ROCK THE GAME!

check out my playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeusrXH_hwph41o65WJLTG_jfDCTtJWpv

many guide and Tutorial videos!

Last edited by GamezGlitchz; 08/07/14 10:48 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm trying to add a skill point in pyrokinetics. I just can't do it. Would you know why? I'm able to add for other skills but not for pyrokinetics. I'm only trying to move from level 1 to 2 pryokinetics.

old hand
old hand
You need two skill points for that.

Link Copied to Clipboard