Print Thread
#513625 08/07/14 10:30 PM
Z
Zeke11B Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
In the Black Cove when I enter the area where Pontius is at, he doesn't attack me, his minions will show up and I can kill them, combat ends and I can't do anything to Pontius, nothing I've tried will do any damage to him.

Support
Support

Do you have a recent save you can reload and try the approach again? Depending on what the problem is, maybe doing something different will get it to work (leading with a main character rather than companion/henchman, etc).

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, any crash dumps, and your saved games. If file size is an issue, any saves not related to the problem can be deleted (so keep your latest save and the most recent one before that encounter, at least)).

old hand
old hand
First time anyone reported this one, as far as i know.

Maybe describing what you did previously to entering Pontius small arena would be a good idea.

Z
Zeke11B Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
I've reloaded several different save files, even ones pretty far back, and got the same result. I've lead with all my characters and the same thing still happens. Previously when entering the Pontius area, all I do is hit the switch to open the entrance way. I walk in. I move my characters forward and whenever they reach a certain point my characters stop as if they were about to be initiated into dialogue with Pontius, but that never happens, and then I move in and try to attack him, after doing that for a little while his minions show up, also the character I control when entering the room never engages in combat, and is free to roam around wherever.

apprentice
apprentice
I had that glitch few times even if not in this specific fight.

I had to take control of the character that was glitched walking around outside combat even though in combat range, one that could not interact or talk to NPC's...I took control of that character and forced him to attack things himself and specifically have him initiate combat while the other characters held back out of combat range, it seemed to correct itself after while doing that.

Also doing things like if he or she could not initiate dialogue I would have another character initiate the chat with NPC and then just switch to the non functioning character and sell some stuff to the NPC from that character. Stuff like that fixed it for me. Could also try making your other companions hit that character or kill and resurrect him/her I guess.

Last edited by Dragoonlordz; 09/07/14 08:31 AM.
old hand
old hand
Previously when entering the Pontius area, all I do is hit the switch to open the entrance way.

You mean you just go and hit that specific switch without clicking on any of the other ones?
Could that be it?

Dragonlordz, do you do the same?

apprentice
apprentice
Can't remember what I did in that place but I have had the non-responsive playable character problem before and found forcing the game to react to that specific character by doing sort of things I mentioned made the world react to it again after little while. I have also had the non-responsive non-playable NPC/monster problem but that issue I do not have a way around.

Last edited by Dragoonlordz; 09/07/14 02:58 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard