Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
bad and imbalanced + buggy rant #513682
08/07/14 11:27 PM
08/07/14 11:27 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
I
inc Offline OP
stranger
inc  Offline OP
stranger
I

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
so i started this game recently and i actually enjoy it because i like the ap system /2 characters etc the setting everything but the game is just so buggy right now (atleast the build i have) and i can't help but QQ. For example skeletal archers can shoot you through walls regardless of high/low/medium ground while you (as the same archer) get a message " target invisible " and thats not even the worst part, the worst part is when you miss with 100% to hit on a knocked down target as a melee (char swings you lose ap but it doesnt hit) and when you have 3 points (requires 3 to hit) then you hit but it actually eats a point cause the game lied you that you need 3 but you needed 4 cause you had to move with 1 ap

those are just minor things there are so many more annoying things especially how hard it is to spot where poison/fire fields start and where they end and how your char just walks over them all the time as it pleases, its hard to target enemies that are too close (yeah i know i can press B but its still an annoyance) and so on

and lastly about the game balance, fighters are just useless and horrible early game (atleast up to lvl 12 i dont know how its like later) and i dont see whats the point of them? They're boring and underpowered and should get a buff and better/more skills.. i dislike how half of the skills are some magical skills (crushing fist for example shouldve been a melee skill but it could be better to compensate and maybe an actual fist). The elements in this game are way too strong which renders fighters useless because a mage does a lot more damage from a lot safer place and has a lot more defense and healing and absolutely everything and you can just play with the enivorument and everything while as fighter you cant do anything. I started the game with 2x fighters then i decided to reroll to sorc/archer to try how its like then i stopped because of how easy it was even on hard mode (altho there were encounters where i did die a lot but that was because of other stuff).
I hate how if you fight in fire or poison field as a fighter then every step you take is shitload of damage and overall their dmg is crappy (sure bully + knockdown is good and can 100-0% mobs but thats not what i mean) and they take so much damage its just ridiculous.
I decided to be stubborn and play a fighter with a mage support just so i can have access to enivorument spells and in the end i end up killing more with my cleric who only has Flare as offensive skill simply because i always carry Oil barrels and also use the ones that are on the field and they end up killing more than my actual fighter does cause hes usually just meat shield + grabbing attention but thats not even what i made him for (and hes horrible at it since hes so squishy atleast currently).

I feel like the game is undertested or the testers are horrible or i dont even know what to say? It could be a lot more enjoyable than it is with some more look/work, look at how my last fight went with my fighter+cleric - fight starts and mobs are on approximately 18 meters (when the fight starts), im first on both chars cause leadership 5 on cleric and 1/2 on fighter so initiative+. I delay my turn to see what happens and so enemy moves -
enemy mage casts ice needle and freezes my fighter for 2 turns
enemy archer freezes my healer for 2 turns

2 turns later (im still alive, lone wolf etc) enemy mage stuns my fighter for 3 turns and enemy archer knock downs my cleric (and both of them have bodybuilding/willpower leveled + items)
i load game cause i died at that point since i was getting hit the entire time

next fight , delay with fighter i do fortify on him and wait so enemy comes in and freezes me the usuals hit but my cleric is hidden this time so i cast warm up on fighter (to break freeze) at which point he gets stun by the enemy mage twice in a row for 3 and 2 turns , at some point my cleric also got frozen by the archers

next load game is literally the same and in this particular encounter the mobs have 6 or so 90% land rate CC skills and its like 2vs8 or so already so its pretty unwinnable, however ive had experience with badly designed games like this and the best way to win is just to leave the slowest char like 40 meters away from the battle around bunch of walls and draw the mobs with the faster char and run towards ur fighter whos hiding inside close quarter space and you end up fighting instead 2v8 as intended in smt like 2v4 or so and they are also forced to go melee range so thats how i can proceed but i still find it stupid and i dont believe those fights have been played or tested enough because 3x archers with special arrows and 2x mages and like 3 zombies or boars or whatever with 6 CC spells are supposed to be killable normally (arent they?) and not by cheesing hard

my point here is that if anyone actually played the game he'd see that this is just not right and that certain classes (even enemies) are way more OP than other classes and btw im a hardcore rpg player and also mmorpg pvp player so i can think outside of the box and yes i can stack shields and pots and everything i can also use summons to draw attacks and attention but i don't wanna play with summons simply because i dont like them so im forced to just because theyre OP? I Also dont wanna play w/o lone wolf because i dont like that warrior and mage companions who are utterly horrible and obnoxious

the end

Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513688
08/07/14 11:34 PM
08/07/14 11:34 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 13
G
Gregarious Offline
stranger
Gregarious  Offline
stranger
G

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 13
I honestly do not understand people saying fighter/knight are underpowered. Battering Ram/Crushing Fist are incredibly useful. Plus high armor, body building, will power, a good weapon, and they're just a killing machine. Cure Wounds is an amazing heal in dire situations. Let's not forget Whirlwinding next to 3-4 enemies. I haven't learned it on my main character yet, but Madora does 140-180 to all enemies around her at level 9.

Battering Ram can be used not only to knock enemies down, but also to close the gap. I started with a Knight/Cleric combo and I use Madora and Jahan with them, and my Knight kills more enemies than any other character, while soaking up damage, keeping everyone else safe.

Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513700
08/07/14 11:45 PM
08/07/14 11:45 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 35
A
Actionhanz Offline
apprentice
Actionhanz  Offline
apprentice
A

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 35
finished it on hard. 2 melees 2 range/caster. Never got a problem at any moment of the game, most times far to easy, ridiculous easy in the end. Melees just destroy everything. But go on blame other people even the devs for your incompetence....

Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513717
09/07/14 12:08 AM
09/07/14 12:08 AM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 3
J
Judecca Offline
stranger
Judecca  Offline
stranger
J

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 3
Melee do ridiculous, absolutely broken amounts of damage past level 10, OP. On top of basically ignoring the basic 4 elements which you can usually get around level 12-14.

My condolences that you seemed to miss out on this.

Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513728
09/07/14 12:22 AM
09/07/14 12:22 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
I
inc Offline OP
stranger
inc  Offline OP
stranger
I

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
http://www.twitch.tv/incisorr/b/545766079 ok look the first few minutes (the first fight) and tell me its winnable? I showed how to beat it afterwards (from first try) while complaining to a friend in skype/venting and i wonder if the game testers took all that into account (like running away to mess up npc AI and such) when playing it?
(also i noticed u can see another bug in here, when you're casting a skill and if you press another skill during animation you lose your AP but nothing happens)

@gregarious yeah yeah you're talking about so many skill points which you simply dont have up until atleast lvl 10 +

@ actionhanz my incompetence for sure go be condescending on forums to make urself feel better

I said im playing with lone wolf and my first playthru i went to 12 lvl or so with archer/mage and madora and jadude but i dont like them and its fairy easy with archer with so many special arrows and with 2x mages with all the utility and the spells and madora was barely ever doing anything since she could hardly ever pass the AOEs whicvh always killed her anyway

edit: i just moved to the next fight bunch of thugs (i can finally use bleed woah what an useless skill, imagine that rogues actually have bleed and poison and in the first 10 hours of the game everything is immune to that) and how does the fight start? I charge, fail kd, buff up myself fortify , wildfire etc, enemy gets turn? KD 2 turns on warrior KD 3 turns on mage after 2 turns stun 3 turns on warrior and mage is already dead from poison + burn aoe during the kd and i didn't move past my initial action so yeah totally fun and now i'll have to cheese it again just like i did in this video

edit: 2nd attempt (without cheating/cheesing) my warrior gets KD for 3 turns (first try) and enemy has bunch of AOE which got blocked by barels i moved so their melees (enemy melees are always useless because who cares about them?) charged me and after i fortified my warrior i also teleported the enemy inside the fire aoe and he died cause leaving the fire aoe did like 160 damage to him (4 /5 hits ) cause melee so useful? anyhow my mage gets stunned next turn for 2 turns, my warrior's kd ends (finally after 3 rounds) and he gets new KD by another enemy (for 3 turns) and my mage gets KD for 2 turns as well and my warrior lost 220 hp by 5-20 damage melee attacks on fortify without moving even once during the entire fight and my mage had one turn (with saved up AP) and that was it


Last edited by inc; 09/07/14 12:49 AM.
Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513753
09/07/14 12:49 AM
09/07/14 12:49 AM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 103
S
Shaki Offline
member
Shaki  Offline
member
S

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 103
Warriors are pretty powerful actually. They can be very useful in early game, because mages dont have much spells yet, and when for example fire mage encounter fire skeletons, he is completely useless, while fighters can do pretty nice dmg to most kinds of enemies. Also they have great early CC (knockdowns!), and very powerful healing spell. And later in the game, with man-at-arms talents, they are amazing tanks, and with skills like flurry and tenebrium enhanced weapons, they can do INCREDIBLE amounts of damage. From what I've seen, are classes in this game can be very powerful. You just need to learn to use them properly.

Edit: About the video: I see your mage have ability points in air - so why dont buy some skill like blitz bolt, lure enemies to river, and stun them all? I won this fight that way, without any problems.

Also about warrios - it is kinda funny when you whining about how warriors are useless and it's the devs fault, when you attack skeletons with slashing weapon O_o Isn't it kinda obvious that they would be far more vulerable to crushing damage? Get a hammer bro.

Last edited by Shaki; 09/07/14 01:08 AM.
Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513763
09/07/14 12:58 AM
09/07/14 12:58 AM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 74
P
Peter Ebbesen Offline

journeyman
Peter Ebbesen  Offline

journeyman
P

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 74
Originally Posted by inc

and lastly about the game balance, fighters are just useless and horrible early game (atleast up to lvl 12 i dont know how its like later) and i dont see whats the point of them? They're boring and underpowered and should get a buff and better/more skills..

This is a classic PEBKAC* issue.

If you examine the man-at-arms skills more carefully and consider their tactical use together with buffing magic while using good weapons (that your crafter has improved, of course) and armour (that your crafter has likewise improved), you'll swiftly realize that front line man-at-arms fighters with a mage in support are just about the best thing since sliced bread even from the early levels, and growing ever more powerful as they level up.

The mage has more options and is essential to control the terrain (though an archer can do in a pinch given enough special arrows), but in terms of damageoutput, no mage comes even close to delivering the damageoutput of a supported man-at-arms wielding a 2H.



* Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.


When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.
Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513766
09/07/14 12:58 AM
09/07/14 12:58 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
I
inc Offline OP
stranger
inc  Offline OP
stranger
I

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
As far as ive seen mages are just as powerful early game and if anything warriros are utterly horrible cause they die to every single aoe in the game and on hard difficulty all mobs abuse it (and so do you with your non-melees)

enemy archer throws burning arrow for 30 damage with dot for 25(x2 turns) on my 200 hp lone wolf warrior, then enemy throws poison arrow on him (while hes still burning) so poison+fire exploison about 130 or so damage and he literally gets oneshotted from 15+ meters away 1 archer mob while the 3 melees with it didnt even reach me and even if they did it wouldn't matter because melees just suck compared to ranged

@Peter so im basically forced to always have a mage to support me ? Isn't that what i was complaining about? >_> If you wanna start the game with 2 fighters you'll go nowhere.. perhaps they should put a sign "if you play on hard mode then you should pick atleast one mage"

Last edited by inc; 09/07/14 01:00 AM.
Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513773
09/07/14 01:07 AM
09/07/14 01:07 AM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 20
D
Dogi Offline
stranger
Dogi  Offline
stranger
D

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 20
Well going by your video and some things you've said you're either on an outdated GoG version or on a pirated version. The AP eating glitch was fixed already.

Secondly you delayed your first turns even though there were obviously several ranged enemies nearby. You have to expect to take a lot of damage if you do that and possibly have characters frozen/stunned.

Thirdly, if both characters are lone wolf you should have gotten Glass cannon so you can at least take actions equal to 4 people. If you choose to make the game harder on yourself without understanding how it functions you shouldn't come and cry about it. you should have done something such as attempting to free the nearby archers/mages or setup a smokescreen so they couldn't see you, or knock them down, or make it rain and use lightning to stun them. You had a ton of options.

You also shouldn't complain about possibly needing a certain character type for hard mode when it's called hard mode. And you should give your melee guy a 2H weapon if you want better damage out of him. Like double the damage. And warriors start out not as strong since they simply don't have the AP to do much early, but later MaA skills are completely and totally broken to the point where you can kill a boss in one turn with them. You're nowhere near far enough in the game yet to make any proper judgements on character builds/strength

Last edited by Dogi; 09/07/14 01:09 AM.
Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513779
09/07/14 01:18 AM
09/07/14 01:18 AM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 74
P
Peter Ebbesen Offline

journeyman
Peter Ebbesen  Offline

journeyman
P

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 74
Originally Posted by inc

@Peter so im basically forced to always have a mage to support me ? Isn't that what i was complaining about? >_> If you wanna start the game with 2 fighters you'll go nowhere.. perhaps they should put a sign "if you play on hard mode then you should pick atleast one mage"

No, you were whining that fighters were ridiculously underpowered and useless, making a general statement about the state of fighters in the game, which is something completely different from complaining because a party performs better when it consists of members that complement each others strengths.

If you are going to play hard mode dual lone wolf, you'd be a fool - or very, very, confident in knowing the ins-and-outs of the game - not to have at least one of the two have access to at the very least low-level magic, just as you'd be a fool not to have anybody able to deal significant physical damage.

Whether you achieve this by having a dedicated full warrior and full mage, or use the common battle-mage/battle-ranger style where both characters have access to some magic and int 8, while focusing on physical damage is up to your preference.

(Then again, if you want to make it easy for yourself, both of your lone wolves will also pick up man-at-arms 5 regardless of what they are specializing at for the incredibly helpful resistances.)

Last edited by Peter Ebbesen; 09/07/14 01:45 AM. Reason: clarification

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.
Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: Dogi] #513780
09/07/14 01:19 AM
09/07/14 01:19 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
I
inc Offline OP
stranger
inc  Offline OP
stranger
I

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by Dogi
Well going by your video and some things you've said you're either on an outdated GoG version or on a pirated version. The AP eating glitch was fixed already.

Secondly you delayed your first turns even though there were obviously several ranged enemies nearby. You have to expect to take a lot of damage if you do that and possibly have characters frozen/stunned.

Thirdly, if both characters are lone wolf you should have gotten Glass cannon so you can at least take actions equal to 4 people. If you choose to make the game harder on yourself without understanding how it functions you shouldn't come and cry about it. you should have done something such as attempting to free the nearby archers/mages or setup a smokescreen so they couldn't see you, or knock them down, or make it rain and use lightning to stun them. You had a ton of options.

You also shouldn't complain about possibly needing a certain character type for hard mode when it's called hard mode. And you should give your melee guy a 2H weapon if you want better damage out of him. Like double the damage. And warriors start out not as strong since they simply don't have the AP to do much early, but later MaA skills are completely and totally broken to the point where you can kill a boss in one turn with them. You're nowhere near far enough in the game yet to make any proper judgements on character builds/strength


Im probably on an outdated version which i should fix.

Secondly yeah i know i was just showing what happens but even if you don't delay your turns the same thing happens (trust me i've tried before that, unless you can get to a fight without facing all enemies at the same time it will always happen)

Thirdly i dont have trait for glass cannon just yet , i dont have lightning and even if i did lighting + rain id stun just one (probably) and there are still so many free , i really didnt have a ton of options

fourth yeah so bad classes go home? That wont ever fly in a non-single player game but i see/understand your point here anyway, as for not being far enough to judge - why not ? the first half of the game is also a part of the game so how come it suddenly doesnt count..

perhaps i should just go with what i see as strongest as im playing on hard mode and not really care about balance because maybe its balanced over other difficulties but whatever..

Last edited by inc; 09/07/14 01:22 AM.
Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513786
09/07/14 01:24 AM
09/07/14 01:24 AM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 103
S
Shaki Offline
member
Shaki  Offline
member
S

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 103
Originally Posted by inc

i dont have lightning and even if i did lighting + rain id stun just one (probably) and there are still so many free , i really didnt have a ton of options


Dude, you have a rain spell. Really, electricity + water, isn't it obvious? And in the fight from your video there is a river. You cast lighting spell on puddle/river and all enemies standin in it are stunned.

Last edited by Shaki; 09/07/14 01:24 AM.
Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513793
09/07/14 01:28 AM
09/07/14 01:28 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
I
inc Offline OP
stranger
inc  Offline OP
stranger
I

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
My mage doesn't have lightning learned because i decided not to kill and steal from npcs this time like i did on my previous playthroughs so i can't afford to buy all spells so i bought the more viable ones.

also as if all enemies would go into the water at the same time for no reason

and also sorry bout this thread, my bad for wanting all classes to be viable and good and have different pros and cons but still fit in on lone wolf HM , i should go some cookie cutter build like 2x mages + jahran + madora and kill everyone on turn 1 since they wont be able to move from infinite freeze (ice needle spam) or knockdowns(bashing boulder so OP) or just poison clouds + fire explosions which do so much damage from 15+m away

its okay that my warrior does 40 damage with some rare axe while my mage(which was intended to be a healer but has fireball to be able to burn stuff) can hit 6 mobs at same time for 65 damage + burn so yeah go compare 40 vs 390 damage + all the burn damage afterwards which would be atleast 50 on each mob so thats 300 more so basically 690 damage in one button click vs 40 damage, sure i may be exaggerating but theres some truth to it.

Whats the only thing warriors are viable for? to carry oil/poison barrels, nothing else

Last edited by inc; 09/07/14 01:33 AM.
Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513801
09/07/14 01:39 AM
09/07/14 01:39 AM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 103
S
Shaki Offline
member
Shaki  Offline
member
S

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 103
Originally Posted by inc
My mage doesn't have lightning learned because i decided not to kill and steal from npcs this time like i did on my previous playthroughs so i can't afford to buy all spells so i bought the more viable ones.

also as if all enemies would go into the water at the same time for no reason

and also sorry bout this thread, my bad for wanting all classes to be viable and good and have different pros and cons but still fit in on lone wolf HM , i should go some cookie cutter build like 2x mages + jahran + madora and kill everyone on turn 1 since they wont be able to move from infinite freeze (ice needle spam) or knockdowns(bashing boulder so OP) or just poison clouds + fire explosions which do so much damage from 15+m away


Dude, i'm doing my second playthrough, 2 lone wolf fighters on hard, and so far i've finished first map without any problems... And there are people who are playing single char, and also manage to win fights... You just trying to play this like Diablo, and sorry, but that kind of rambo-like approach won't work on normal difficulty. If the fights are to hard for you, just switch to easy, this option exist for a reason. Not everyone enjoy hard tactical and punishing combat, no one is goin to call you a wuss or noob because you don't like to plan before every fight and spend hours on learning tricks and spells combos.

Last edited by Shaki; 09/07/14 01:41 AM.
Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513803
09/07/14 01:41 AM
09/07/14 01:41 AM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2
T
temje Offline
stranger
temje  Offline
stranger
T

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2
I apologize for the tongue-tied, English is not my native language.
I read from the beginning.
Gentlemen, you have ignored some of the posts topic starter.

I fully agree that the animation treatment in the soldier not authentic in any case. As well as stunning fist. It's just madness.

For the remaining items on the complexity of the game - I know the feeling, bro. I also play only warriors and also with a lone wolf. And, already knowing the force "leech" in combination with "zombie" has decided that they will not take up their nerf.
*
However, I have a few tips for you, which will differ from pounce opportunists using simple solutions in the form of mages and archers.

When a lone wolf you get a lot of abilities that would be easy to sacrifice in the beginning of the game in a few perks rogue or ranger. Rogues have invisibility, and which will come closer and accumulate points in 3 moves, and archer have races at 15 meters. I believe that with these skills, you manage to enjoy the game, until justice is served.
*
So, I believe that the game should not be as soon as possible to begin with battles with enemies. I mean, yes, you go to the city and you will have a battle with the orcs, if you missed the cave. But then, you have many choices of where to go and what to do. You can go to the well, to get the ore - to make weapons to sell (or the other way, with pictures) Then, to buy food and nakraftit more quality food. I'm sure plenty of food to eat early resist. And further, since this sample.

I hope for you, this post will be useful for both me yours.

Last edited by temje; 09/07/14 01:46 AM. Reason: changed two words to "believe"
Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513804
09/07/14 01:42 AM
09/07/14 01:42 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
I
inc Offline OP
stranger
inc  Offline OP
stranger
I

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
Im playing on hard mode since i installed the game (i've never played any other difficulty) just like every other game i've beaten so far (xcom i+i , FTL advanced edition and so on) and i won't give up i'll win the way i want to win but you're just plain trolling right now by talking shit and implying that im playing on normal and that im bad or some rand om crap whatever you're trying to imply

you know how i won my last encounter which i died to like 5-6 times in a row because no matter what i did i eventually got perma stunned and died? I ran near a corner forced all enemies to come close, threw a barrel with my warrior and shot a fireball with my mage and they all died.

Viable warriors, balanced game, yo. Carrying barrels big contribution.

Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513808
09/07/14 01:47 AM
09/07/14 01:47 AM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 20
D
Dogi Offline
stranger
Dogi  Offline
stranger
D

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 20
All classes are viable, all class setups are not though. If you wanted 2 pure melee you'd have to understand it would be hell and relying on scrolls early on. Then you'd coast into easy mode once both know flurry and whirlwind.

What you have going right now is perfectly fine and many people are doing it, like many many people are doing mage + sword n board warrior with the mage buffing and both lone wolf and they are doing just fine. You just need to get in a better habit of controlling the battlefield. Go get some money and learn lightning bolt or get some scrolls of it for your mage. Make it rain before the battle begins, cast lightning bolt at whatever puddle has the most enemies in it to stun them right off and start the battle with that instead of just walking into it. Start using chilling cold to take others out by freezing them and ice lance as well since while the rain is up its super easy to freeze and remove them from battle for a few turns.

Just as you were complaining about getting knocked down too much and not doing anything, you can and need to be doing the same stuff to the enemies. You're also comparing your warrior's melee attack to a fireball spell from a mage in your last post, compare the fireball to dust devil or whirlwind and suddenly the warrior is doing a hell of a lot more. My mage with like 18 in can fireball for 150ish + 70ish burning per target. So 220x6 if 6 targets like you said. Meanwhile madora can walk in there and use dust devil for 300 per target, or whirlwind for 400 per target. or both back to back. Oh look who did more damage?

Don't complain that your low level and underskilled warrior isn't as good as a mage when you don't even have power stance on him and you aren't playing to his strengths.

Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: Dogi] #513811
09/07/14 01:52 AM
09/07/14 01:52 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
I
inc Offline OP
stranger
inc  Offline OP
stranger
I

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by Dogi


Just as you were complaining about getting knocked down too much and not doing anything, you can and need to be doing the same stuff to the enemies. You're also comparing your warrior's melee attack to a fireball spell from a mage in your last post, compare the fireball to dust devil or whirlwind and suddenly the warrior is doing a hell of a lot more. My mage with like 18 in can fireball for 150ish + 70ish burning per target. So 220x6 if 6 targets like you said. Meanwhile madora can walk in there and use dust devil for 300 per target, or whirlwind for 400 per target. or both back to back. Oh look who did more damage?

Don't complain that your low level and underskilled warrior isn't as good as a mage when you don't even have power stance on him and you aren't playing to his strengths.


1: thats just relying too much on the mage to do all the dirty work and on certain spells but okay whatever. 2 for wwind vs fball, yeah but wwind is melee and fball also can be used to create enivorument stuff and what not while a warrior would lose most of his hp just getting inside a fire (if needed , not that id do it)

as for power stannce, does it work for skills? i found power stance useless (for auto attacks atleast) because it adds 1 point more for 25% damage but reduces 10% chance to hit which isnt even worth it, that 1 point has to be more than 35% damage for it to be worth it (or more than 25% for 2h and 33% for 1h if you have 100% to hit anyway) but if it works on skills then it could be good

Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513813
09/07/14 01:57 AM
09/07/14 01:57 AM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 103
S
Shaki Offline
member
Shaki  Offline
member
S

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 103
Originally Posted by inc

Viable warriors, balanced game, yo. Carrying barrels big contribution.


Come back when you finish the game. After some time mages doin almost no dmg due to spell dmg scaling only with level/inteligence/ability level, and warrior have massive dmg spike every time he finds a better weapon, especially when they can enhance weapons with tenebrium later. Near the end of the game, warrior can do ten times more dmg than mage. Very nice of you to talk about the cons/pros of the classes after only couple of hours playing, and fighting with few kinds of enemies. Sure, I can make a fire mage, go fight some burning skeletons, and then go rant on forum:

"Guys mages are useless, they heal enemies instead of damaging them, I cast fireball at fire skeletons and they are healed, WTF! Melee doin 50 dmg, mages doin -50dmg ?! Viable mages, balanced game, yo. Healing enemies big contribution.?!"

But this isn't really a constructive criticism, this is just whining.

Re: bad and imbalanced + buggy rant [Re: inc] #513814
09/07/14 02:02 AM
09/07/14 02:02 AM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 20
D
Dogi Offline
stranger
Dogi  Offline
stranger
D

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by inc


1: thats just relying too much on the mage to do all the dirty work


You chose lonewolf with a mage and a melee, what the hell did you expect the mage to be doing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.2