Next Thread
Print Thread
D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Hi all,

I received my copy of D:OS KS Backer Edition today. I have not opened it yet. I am concerned that it is not the version I requested - that is, non-Steam DVDs. Almost two weeks ago I received a confirmation email from Larian confirming receipt of my request. Their email noted that it will take an extra couple of weeks for the DVDs to be ready. Yet here we are, just over a week from release.

I know at least one other person has experienced this (as noted here: [url=http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=42097&Number=513487#Post509414][/url] http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=42097&Number=513487#Post509414).

Has anyone else received their copy after requesting a non-Steam version? Can anyone shed any light on this? I have emailed Larian and am awaiting a response.

Thanks!

The Dude abides.
Originally Posted by dancingcrab
Has anyone else received their copy after requesting a non-Steam version? Can anyone shed any light on this? I have emailed Larian and am awaiting a response.
Requested DRM-free DVD, received box with Steam DVD yesterday, contacted Larian and was told the DRM-free DVDs would be shipped out in a couple of weeks.

My guess is that sending out DRM-free DVDs separately may be simpler for Larian, rather than assembling a separate set of DRM-free CE sets. But if so, they could have done a better job of letting backers know.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Stargazer
My guess is that sending out DRM-free DVDs separately may be simpler for Larian, rather than assembling a separate set of DRM-free CE sets. But if so, they could have done a better job of letting backers know.

Probably so, though to be fair, I'm sure they're still a bit overwhelmed from the launch. They pushed themselves far too hard to get it out on the 30th. No doubt some things got overlooked on accident.

Link Copied to Clipboard