Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Everyone knows we have issues with hot bars and tiny arrows and all the rest.

But they seem to be really committed to this crappy user interphase so we might as well make the best of it while we tell them how terrible it is *every day*.

1. Organize your Potions, Arrows, and Consumables (Food) into backpacks and other containers. I usually use backpacks for arrows, picnic baskets for consumables, barrels for potions, a small chest for a toolbox, and a regular basket for ingredients.

The pros are obvious. You can hotbar the container if you like and instantly see what you've got, as well as send either one thing (or the entire container) to your ally. This makes it easy to keep track of and pass around stuff.

The cons are also obvious. Containers weigh a substantial amount. You're probably looking at around 20 pounds of additional weight.

That being said being able to quickly and easily access and keep track of all of your stuff is very handy.

2. Don't rely entirely on the hotbar.
I'm sure everyone is aware but there's not too big of a hurry in this game and the overwhelming majority of spells are going to eb used relatively rarely. For those spells... why not the K key?

Though it isn't exactly "optimal" (see: Crap UI) it can help you keep track of your skills when you have too many skills to keep track of.

3. Send me money.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
You know what annoys me with the containers/backpacks method. That i can not hotbar an item put in the container.
Actually i can, but it's unusable in practice, because at the first inventory action, like sending an item to your mate it disappears.
Not sure if it's a bug or intended.
On the other hand items sent to the person with the container will be put automatically into that container if there is a stack of the items present there already, which is great. Also items put in the container, like shovels, hammers etc. are also directly used from there.
So why not allow to hotbar a consumable item from the container?

T
stranger
stranger
T
Yeah the containers MUST be bugged for how poorly they work in some situations and how genius they work in others.

For a game that has sucked out nearly 50 hours of my time, it does have a lot of minor bugs and annoyances. But that speaks to the quality of the whole. In 50 hours, I beat The Witcher 2 and Dishonored, as well as many other combinations of great games. It has kept my attention.

Link Copied to Clipboard