Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
stranger
stranger
J
while early on melee has some issues. im at late game and my fighter is doing just about as much damage as madora. more on crits than her crits. ive got good weapons and armor tho. also on the takeing damage issue. your doing it wrong if you think they can barely take more than a mage. my mages barely have over 1k hp. my melee has over 2k. a death knight can kill my mages in 2 or 3 hits. they can sit there and whack all day on my fighter tank. you just need good gear. and both my melee do more damage than either of my casters. at least in general. if its weak to the element the casters are casting they do abit more. much more elemental resistant enemies later in the game. also cant use tenebrium with a caster. but in general my fighter is way more effective than my mages. course i use one of my mages to buff my melee. and the other is a healer. course i dont like useing the aoe spells since they hurt me too.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JasperFoust
while early on melee has some issues. im at late game and my fighter is doing just about as much damage as madora. more on crits than her crits. ive got good weapons and armor tho. also on the takeing damage issue. your doing it wrong if you think they can barely take more than a mage. my mages barely have over 1k hp. my melee has over 2k. a death knight can kill my mages in 2 or 3 hits. they can sit there and whack all day on my fighter tank. you just need good gear. and both my melee do more damage than either of my casters. at least in general. if its weak to the element the casters are casting they do abit more. much more elemental resistant enemies later in the game. also cant use tenebrium with a caster. but in general my fighter is way more effective than my mages. course i use one of my mages to buff my melee. and the other is a healer. course i dont like useing the aoe spells since they hurt me too.

If you use essences for crafting (armour coating) you can make your melee practically immune to each element, so that he is even healed by elemental damage. That way you could cast a meteor directly on your melee and he wouldn't give a shit... rpg001

WOOS
stranger
stranger
Well I was using 2 warriors, one handed(Roderick, battle mage, men at arms 5, pyro 5) and 2-handed(Madora). And 2 mages, Scarlet(fire,earth as start, later water, air and last witchcraft) and Johan(water/air/witch). I never had a problem in fight. Did whole Cyseal in about 10 hours and zero deaths. Braccus managed to wipe my team, only Roderick alive, he managed to survive(high armour, block chance, hp) and resurrect others. End game fight, no one was even close to death.
Later using fire/water etc essence and ruby I managed to get a gear with 100% resist against elements, but only for warriors. Because they were in the front, where mages casted fireballs etc. First I had only fire resist at 100-120%. Later with the perk(dont remember name, it gives you 10% resist to magic damage per rank in men at arms) I had resist 120-200% for everything except tenebrium(75%) and poison(90%).
At the end, my warriors were unstoppable. Roderick was with 2.770k HP, 244 armour, 67% block chance, 35% miss chance(for enemy), resist as I mentioned above. Madora had 1.9k HP, 290 armour, 47% miss(for enemy) and resists similar to Roderick. Both had leech, immunity to knock down,fear,cripple,weak,slow,bleed,blind and more. I managed to kill 6 death knights(lvl 18,in phantom forest) only with my Roderick, because everytime they actually hit him, he healed himself(perk leech) and lost only about 10hp laugh

While Mages are great, they lack survivability(I had perk Glass Canon, so 50% off vitality). But they could cast 3-5 spells per turn. The bad side was that when lvl 15 hit them for 150-250HP, and they had only about 600. But then again, most of the time, enemy could not managed to get close to hit them.

So, what to say in the end ? Learn how to use your warrior. He/she can save your whole group because of high hp, armour, resists. Learn how to avoid environmental dmg, how to disable a lot enemies in one turn or how to kill several enemies in one turn. For example, herd your enemies with teleport and featherdrop(both mages had it in my play) to one spot, near your warriors, use dust devil and cyclone, finish them with fireballs or use self-inflammation(when warriors have high hp or high fire resist) and then boulder bash to knock your enemies out, poison them and then explode the fire and ooze.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Everyone is talking about resists, you can put exactly the same enchants on cloth armour as on plate. My mages were basically immune to everything from mid-game onwards, I was more than happy to fireball myself if too many enemies got close. Still, I can remember a single fight where more than one enemy got close to my mages, that being one late game where I'd simply stopped bothering to summon anything because nothing could hurt me to any significant degree. If anything was able to hurt me, so what? For 4AP I can cast a spell that'll heal 2000hp.

Gear in general is far too powerful in DOS, the right gear makes any class overpowered.

T
T
Originally Posted by DarkFenix
Everyone is talking about resists, you can put exactly the same enchants on cloth armour as on plate. My mages were basically immune to everything from mid-game onwards, I was more than happy to fireball myself if too many enemies got close. Still, I can remember a single fight where more than one enemy got close to my mages, that being one late game where I'd simply stopped bothering to summon anything because nothing could hurt me to any significant degree. If anything was able to hurt me, so what? For 4AP I can cast a spell that'll heal 2000hp.

Gear in general is far too powerful in DOS, the right gear makes any class overpowered.

Now there's a very simple reason for resists mentioned on Man-at-Arms characters. I suggest you check out the Weather The Storm talent. This is combined with the fact that plate armors come with 4+ resists instead of 0-2 and can be further enchanted to give even more. Also shields.

veteran
veteran

Isn't that great? I love all these topics about "class X is too strong" and "class Y is too weak" and all the contraditions coming with them.

In fact, you can suceed with every class if you use the right gear and tactics. wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 10/07/14 02:33 AM.

WOOS
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Tyhan
Now there's a very simple reason for resists mentioned on Man-at-Arms characters. I suggest you check out the Weather The Storm talent. This is combined with the fact that plate armors come with 4+ resists instead of 0-2 and can be further enchanted to give even more. Also shields.

Meh, by the time you have Man-at-Arms 5 it's easy to be immune to everything anyway. A few essences is all it takes. I suppose it's nice to be more than immune, but then again only a melee class needs that because they're the only ones who even take damage.

Originally Posted by LordCrash
Isn't that great? I love all these topics about "class X is too strong" and "class Y is too weak" and all the contraditions coming with them.

In fact, you can suceed with every class if you use the right gear and tactics. wink

Yup, unfortunately it shows Larian screwed up the difficulty curve. Every class is a borderline demigod by the endgame, which makes me wonder why anyone in Rivellon was worried about the Void in the first place. After all a single one of my characters could have beaten it in their sleep.

veteran
veteran

Yup, unfortunately it shows Larian screwed up the difficulty curve. Every class is a borderline demigod by the endgame, which makes me wonder why anyone in Rivellon was worried about the Void in the first place. After all a single one of my characters could have beaten it in their sleep.

Well, I guess that's one of the problems that the beta only featured Cyseal. The first map is probably the best balanced.

Anyway, the game is still big fun and possible future balance fixes could only improve the game.

WOOS
J
stranger
stranger
J
Originally Posted by Tyhan

Meh, by the time you have Man-at-Arms 5 it's easy to be immune to everything anyway. A few essences is all it takes. I suppose it's nice to be more than immune, but then again only a melee class needs that because they're the only ones who even take damage.

Originally Posted by LordCrash

there is a reason your characters are basicly demigods by endgame. its that THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE. they are in fact demi gods. they tell you as much in the game. zandalor even says its obvious to anyone with a trained eye. the thing is. most people in rivellon are not that strong. infact most are weak. civilians. and the ones that are strong. either arnt strong enough, like zandalor, are evil, like cassandra, or are just gone from that plane of existence, like maxos. the main characters are the only ones in rivellon at the time who can beat the void dragon.

L
L

To be fair, it's not really a gear issue. The Man at Arms talents are the best talents in the game.

stranger
stranger
The only reason things turn OP in this game, is because there are no diminishing returns on anything. You can stack pretty much every stat and there is no penalty for doing so, you can splash multiple primary attributes (Str/Int for example) and be effective in multiple disciplines, while still without any diminishing returns or a penalty for this splash.

Not that I am really complaining, but this is the core of the problem. Gear is not that overpowered, it is the mechanics behind all stats that make every sensible build overpowered, and crafting makes it too easy to get all the stats you want.

The only constant in time is change
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard