Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Raze

It should be fixed in the next update, but there is no ETA for that yet.

EDIT: a fix for existing saves was made a week ago, so I removed the 'hopefully' from the reply above, and the comment that a couple of the programmers were discussing the case for existing saves.

In our save, the bug is stil here... :-(
Nothing has changed.
Our version is v2.0.104.737

Support
Support

The fix will not be available until the next update.

apprentice
apprentice
What a wonderful news ! smile

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I do not know if this will help, but ill leave this here anyways. This bugg seems to have been in the game without a fix for a very long time, which is unacceptable BTW!!

Me and my freind played through the game swimmingly, untill we got to the door of the source temple. we didnt have all the inherit stones so we gathered 14 and thought this would be enough. ofc we didnt get through, and after some googling we found out that its the homestead portals that triggers it.
Problem is, zixzax is just standing there, telling us to jump into the portal and see whats inside. we have all the portals in the homstead except two. The last one we unlocked was either the trading emporium or the armory. either way we are stuck.

I just can't grasp how such a huge gamebreaking bugg is still left unattended to. There are apperantly loads of people having trouble with this, and it leaves me with a taste of disgust towards a game that i would outherwise love to death.

Support
Support

This topic was started for the original release, and includes a lot of issues with people not having ended the attack on the homestead, or gone through the last opened portal, etc. The issue in the EE is new, and will be fixed in the next update.

apprentice
apprentice
Could you tell us when you will have the ETA of this update ?

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Originally Posted by Raze

This topic was started for the original release, and includes a lot of issues with people not having ended the attack on the homestead, or gone through the last opened portal, etc. The issue in the EE is new, and will be fixed in the next update.

Okey, but will the update fix previous savefiles, or do we have to do another playthrough?

Support
Support

Yes, it will fix existing saves with this issue.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Okey, but when is this patch coming out? This is taking a shamfully long time...

I mean its hard for me to imagine that a studio could release a enhanced edition with a bug that takes this long to fix. Its just as bad as releasing an unfinished game.

apprentice
apprentice
No ETA ?

Support
Support

No, not yet.

apprentice
apprentice
And now ?

Support
Support

The same.

apprentice
apprentice
You break my heart... :-(

apprentice
apprentice
My heart beats again !
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=580113&#Post580113

""Fixed Zixzax not opening certain rooms in Homestead" "

N
stranger
stranger
N
This has started happening after patch 113.775.
Zixzax keeps repeating the same sentence over and over and doesnt open portals.
before the patch everything was fine.

Support
Support

Did you enter the last opened portal and get a cotscene conversation with Astarte or the demon, and then return to the main section of the homestead, with a main character in the lead?

When a portal is completely opened, a marker is added to the map, so check the portal that is active but doesn't have a map marker.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Ok, never mind.
i just completely missed the hall of stone portal. however it was not on the map until i entered it.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by nadalito
My heart beats again !
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=580113&#Post580113

""Fixed Zixzax not opening certain rooms in Homestead" "

I seem to be still experiencing this issue in the latest Steam release version of the Enhanced Edition.

Screenshot:
http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...BD1517572DABC9C6D8C6567C761A4CB67411BE1/

As you can see, I've got enough star stones to unlock more rooms, but only the Hall of Heroes has unlocked, and ZixZax is stuck there telling me about all the wonderful things that might await me.

I admit I'm kinda surprised to see a game-breaking bug like this still present two years after the game's release date >_<.

Support
Support

Enter the Hall of Heroes, and talk to the NPC seated at the table about half way down. After that, return to the main section of the homestead through the portal, with a main character in the lead. If you already talked to the NPC, just enter and leave the hall with a main charcter as leader, in order to trigger a comment when returning.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard