Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I would like to play this game on LAN coop with my wife. I know it is possible to already play together with one bought game on 2 different computers over lan/direct connect. But what I am wondering is if Larian thinks it is ok for situations like this to not buy 2 copies for the same household to play Coop?

apprentice
apprentice
During the kickstarter they sold Duo packs, so presumably they want you to buy two copies. I don't see any two pack deals on Steam or GOG so you have three choices: Wait for a duo deal, buy two copies at full price or buy one copy and stop posting incriminating evidence on the internet.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by bargeral
During the kickstarter they sold Duo packs, so presumably they want you to buy two copies. I don't see any two pack deals on Steam or GOG so you have three choices: Wait for a duo deal, buy two copies at full price or buy one copy and stop posting incriminating evidence on the internet.

The digital collector's edition on Steam for 70€ contains two copies of D:OS and it costs 10€ less than two single copies without the extras for 40€ each. wink

WOOS
T
T
Originally Posted by LordCrash

The digital collector's edition on Steam for 70€ contains two copies of D:OS and it costs 10€ less than two single copies without the extras for 40€ each. wink

Only one person gets the "DLCs" though both people get all the Divinity games in it in that case.

It's kind of confusing.

apprentice
apprentice
There you go eisberg77, buy that!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tyhan
Originally Posted by LordCrash

Only one person gets the "DLCs" though both people get all the Divinity games in it in that case.

It's kind of confusing.

Yeah, but if you play in co-op you don't need the DLC twice anyway. You could just transfer the grail between the players to make your armour golden for example. wink

WOOS
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
already bought the game, so it will be another $40, which can't afford at this time. Plus, the only time my wife will really play this game is when we play together, which will probably only be 1 time per week for a few hours, so $40 for that little use seems little much.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by eisberg77
already bought the game, so it will be another $40, which can't afford at this time. Plus, the only time my wife will really play this game is when we play together, which will probably only be 1 time per week for a few hours, so $40 for that little use seems little much.

In that case you should probably wait for a sale. You could also buy the GOG version for about 28€ (depends on where you live) which works together with the Steam version in co-op via LAN.

WOOS
W
stranger
stranger
W
I could play Torchlight 2 via LAN when switching steam on both computers to offline mode. Don't know if that works with D:OS though.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wildeskind
I could play Torchlight 2 via LAN when switching steam on both computers to offline mode. Don't know if that works with D:OS though.

Yes, you can. Or you could just use a pirated version which would be the same...technically possible doesn't mean legal or morally right. wink

WOOS
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
For what it is worth I went the CE route to play locally with my son. While I am out of work and struggled to pay it I never play games I don't have a license for - but that is just me.

Gaming dinosaur!!
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by eisberg77

I dont say this very often, or well... ever, really but, - its worth it.

Especially for coop. Make it a present for her.

R
stranger
stranger
R
You do not need a second copy of the game to play local multiplayer. Install game on both pcs (I use steam). put one pc into offline mode, start game on both PCs, join local area network (or lan) game. This is not pirating, this is legitimatly using the copy of the game you own to play with friends when they come to your house. Its the same concept many games have been using for many many many many many years. Devs that force you to buy a second copy to play local lan games are basically ripping you off. ::rant:: hats off to Larian Studios for supporting LAN games with a single copy as it rightfully should be done. online with friends? yeah buy a second copy.

var ::rant:: = would you pay for a second xbox and second copy of say NHL, or madden or golf games or shooters with local split screen? then why would you pay for a second copy of a game that simply doesnt play well with two players on a single screen, to play a local multiple player game in your own home on 2 PCs when you legitimtly pay for your copy? it makes no sence and DEVs that make you do this are just ripping you off for a whole second copy of the game. If its that good your friends playing at your house will like it so much they will go out and purchase their own copy so they can play at thier house.

Link Copied to Clipboard