[CR 5] staves you make from branches are not random, but have a set pattern:
-earth staff gets +1 lucky and 10% chance for knockdown on hit
-water staff gets +1 intelligence and 10% chance for frozen on hit (clear winner)
-fire staff gets +1 maximum action points (situationally handy) and 10% chance for burning on hit
there apparently (after 40 attempts) is no air staff. Be cool if there was, and how about combining two brooms to make a witch staff? modding possibility...
make a broom with a branch + wheat say.
I'm asking around for a pre-184.108.40.206 ItemCombos.txt to verify changes, but I'm pretty sure that is a bug.
Basically, the item crafted is WPN_CraftedQuarterstaff_04_Fire, WPN_CraftedQuarterstaff_04_Earth, WPN_CraftedQuarterstaff_04-Water, WPN_CraftedQuarterstaff_04_Air
Why do I think it is a bug?
- There are 4 entries in the Weapons data for WPN_CraftedQuarterstaff_04_*
- There is no recipes for WPN_CraftedQuarterstaff_04_Air in the ItemCombos.
- There are 12 recipes in ItemCombos for WPN_CraftedQuarterstaff_04_*
- There are only 3 unique recipes in ItemCombos for WPN_CraftedQuarterstaff_04_*
My surmise is that there are supposed to be 4 staves per boost. Thus 3 possible combinations per type of staff.
Right now it is Earth + Luck, Fire + AP, and Water + INT. It should be Earth + random Luck/AP/INT, Air + random Luck/AP/INT, Fire + random Luck/AP/INT, and Water + random Luck/AP/INT.
Each WPN_CraftedQuarterstaff_04_* also comes with its own status effect as defined in the Weapons data, not ItemCombos:
- Earth = 10% knockdown for 2 turns
- Air = 10% Stun for 2 turns
- Fire = 10% Burning for 2 turns
- Water = 10% Frozen for 2 turns
To clarify the ItemCombos here are the recipes for those staves. Note that repeated combinations