Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Joined: Jul 2014
D
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
D
Joined: Jul 2014
Originally Posted by PatrickSJ
Originally Posted by Deste
Not sure if it is reported somewhere but I was doing some testing and regarding the fire (and I guess other enchantments) this is what I got:

Item lvl 1-3? : 5% added resist
Item lvl 4-6 : 10% added resist
Item lvl 7-9 : 15% resist

At some point it gets to 20 and 25% but I do not own item levels in this range presently.


Can you let me know the type of item? I' am working on formulas for the various boosts and I need data. I had a hunch that only Item Level plays a part and your data seems to support.


I think it does not matter which type of item, it will be the same for sarong, belt, gloves, armor or helmet (buckler as well


Joined: Jul 2014
L
stranger
Offline
stranger
L
Joined: Jul 2014
I'm not sure if this was mentioned already , but if you craft a weapon like a 1H sword , upgrade it via tormented soul + whetstone , and enchant it with an essence , your enchant is significantly weaker than a tenebrium enchant. But if you enchant that 1h sword with tenebrium , then enchant it with a essence , your elemental enchant retains the same strenght as a tenebrium one.

Joined: Jun 2014
P
member
Offline
member
P
Joined: Jun 2014
Originally Posted by Deste
Originally Posted by PatrickSJ
Originally Posted by Deste
Not sure if it is reported somewhere but I was doing some testing and regarding the fire (and I guess other enchantments) this is what I got:

Item lvl 1-3? : 5% added resist
Item lvl 4-6 : 10% added resist
Item lvl 7-9 : 15% resist

At some point it gets to 20 and 25% but I do not own item levels in this range presently.


Can you let me know the type of item? I' am working on formulas for the various boosts and I need data. I had a hunch that only Item Level plays a part and your data seems to support.


I think it does not matter which type of item, it will be the same for sarong, belt, gloves, armor or helmet (buckler as well



The armor boost with fire resist modifier = 3 comes to be
L1 = 5%
L2 to L6 = 10%
L7 to L11 = 15%

If the modifier is 7 such as with "Fireman's", "of Fire Resistance" gear then it is:
L1 to L3 = 15%
L4 to L3 = 20%
L9 to L10 = 25%. Presumably this follow the 5 levels step so L13 = 25%, and L14 = 30%

Or so I've observed while playing with the data. Still trying to get the formula

Joined: Jul 2014
I
member
Offline
member
I
Joined: Jul 2014
yup, since all the other crafted weapons get random bonus between 3 different versions, it would seem odd that staffs don't get the same treatment.

did you report the bug in the bug thread?

Joined: Jul 2014
I
member
Offline
member
I
Joined: Jul 2014
Quote
[CR 0] Elven Stew +Sm: DEX, +Lg: Heal | Dinner + Tomato Sauce (Possible Bug: You will retain the Tomato Sauce after crafting this)


was working before 081 patch, now seems to be broken.


Joined: Jul 2014
I
member
Offline
member
I
Joined: Jul 2014
hmm. scale scraps boost plate armor, and metal scraps (which look like plates) boost leather armor and wooden shields.

sounds a bit reversed.

Joined: Jun 2014
Location: San Francisco
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: San Francisco
Originally Posted by Ichthyic
I don't see listed how to make blank magic scrolls, so here are the formulas:

blank paper + ...

pixie dust = blank witch scroll
fire essence = blank fire scroll
air essence = blank air scroll
water essence = blank water scroll
earth essence = blank earth scroll


Is that new? I've made all of my scrolls by pixie dust + paper to produce a random blank scroll, giving me a 20% chance to get the one I wanted. On the one hand, it's a pain and a lot of loading. On the other, you can access pixie dust a lot earlier than essences. I'm hoping that this is an alternative way to make blank scrolls when you're higher level and essences are easier to find (which case, have you tried void essence + blank to see if it always gives witchcraft?).

Joined: Jul 2014
I
member
Offline
member
I
Joined: Jul 2014
I hadn't gotten anything other than witch scrolls with pixie dust over 40 tries when I wrote that (as of patch 1.081). figured that was pretty definitive, but could be a fluke.

I have a void essence, so will experiment and let you know.


Joined: Jul 2014
I
member
Offline
member
I
Joined: Jul 2014
ancient skulls are broken now. can't add pixie dust.

adult antlers are broken.



Last edited by Ichthyic; 21/07/14 06:48 AM.
Joined: Jun 2014
P
member
Offline
member
P
Joined: Jun 2014
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade
Originally Posted by Ichthyic
I don't see listed how to make blank magic scrolls, so here are the formulas:

blank paper + ...

pixie dust = blank witch scroll
fire essence = blank fire scroll
air essence = blank air scroll
water essence = blank water scroll
earth essence = blank earth scroll


Is that new? I've made all of my scrolls by pixie dust + paper to produce a random blank scroll, giving me a 20% chance to get the one I wanted. On the one hand, it's a pain and a lot of loading. On the other, you can access pixie dust a lot earlier than essences. I'm hoping that this is an alternative way to make blank scrolls when you're higher level and essences are easier to find (which case, have you tried void essence + blank to see if it always gives witchcraft?).


Yes, it is new as of the 1.0.74.0 patch. Apparently it is because the cards say essence. Which is amusing because the in-game books still say pixie dust.

Void essence will not give a witchcraft scroll.

Originally Posted by Ichthyic
ancient skulls are broken now. can't add pixie dust.


You don't need to add pixie dust. Just combine with thread/ring to make the amulet/ring.

Joined: Jul 2014
I
member
Offline
member
I
Joined: Jul 2014
interestingly, when I add void essence to armor... it changes the color.

blue robe is now green.

also, you can add void essence to shoulders and sarong.

it changes the parts that are colored to a light lime green.

I notice the same for other essences as well. air essence will change items turquoise for example.

so, for those looking to color coordinate, and can't find the right dye (not easy!), try using essences. I'm sure you have lots of extras to just frivolously waste on color changes, right? wink

Joined: Jul 2014
I
member
Offline
member
I
Joined: Jul 2014
pumpkin helmets might seem like a joke when you first make them... but they scale quickly with level.

at level 8, they have 5 armor and 20% fire protection (in addition to the 5% fear).

I assume the cap on how much protection these things give is capped below level 20? anyone confirm?

otherwise, a level 20 pumpkin helmet should give 50% fire protection, and 10 armor. not bad. fro something that costs about 4 gold max.




Last edited by Ichthyic; 21/07/14 08:16 AM.
Joined: Jun 2014
P
member
Offline
member
P
Joined: Jun 2014
30% at level 20. The fire modifier is listed as 5 which should be 30% for item levels 18 to 20. Did you get 50% instead?

Edit:
I believe the progression is unbounded.

Last edited by PatrickSJ; 21/07/14 08:26 AM.
Joined: Jan 2014
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Jan 2014
Originally Posted by Ichthyic
pumpkin helmets might seem like a joke when you first make them... but they scale quickly with level.

at level 8, they have 5 armor and 20% fire protection (in addition to the 5% fear).

I assume the cap on how much protection these things give is capped below level 20? anyone confirm?

otherwise, a level 20 pumpkin helmet should give 50% fire protection, and 10 armor. not bad. fro something that costs about 4 gold max.



Lvl 22 crafting 5 gives me a Helmet with 14 Armor, 30% Fire Resistance and 5% Fear.

Joined: Jul 2014
Z
stranger
Offline
stranger
Z
Joined: Jul 2014
Originally Posted by PatrickSJ
Originally Posted by Zakypoo
Made an account just to contribute here. ^_^

At level 13, I mixed a Void Essence with a metal shield, and it gave me +15% Tenebrium Resistance.

I was really surprised at this, since I was going for the Sneaking bonus you get from adding a Void Essence to any apparel.
(Didn't work with my boots, by the way.)



Made at Crafting Level 5.
I'm told "Not enough Crafting" at CR2, so I'm not sure of the Crafting requirement.


Thank you for making a post just to contribute! Could you let me know that level of the item?

When essences are applied it seems there are certain things left out. All boots are one of them. Also, Essence of Void can be applied to Metal Shields but not Wood. Don't know why.

Applying essence to armor varies from CR2 to CR4. For Shields (Wooden and Metal) your need CR4


The shield itself is only level 10.



(After upgrades, it's +35% Block, +1 Single-Handed, and now +15% Tenebrium Resistance. Not bad for a shield I got from beating King Braccus!)

Last edited by Zakypoo; 21/07/14 03:12 PM.
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: San Francisco
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: San Francisco
Originally Posted by PatrickSJ
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade
Originally Posted by Ichthyic
I don't see listed how to make blank magic scrolls, so here are the formulas:

blank paper + ...

pixie dust = blank witch scroll
fire essence = blank fire scroll
air essence = blank air scroll
water essence = blank water scroll
earth essence = blank earth scroll


Is that new? I've made all of my scrolls by pixie dust + paper to produce a random blank scroll, giving me a 20% chance to get the one I wanted. On the one hand, it's a pain and a lot of loading. On the other, you can access pixie dust a lot earlier than essences. I'm hoping that this is an alternative way to make blank scrolls when you're higher level and essences are easier to find (which case, have you tried void essence + blank to see if it always gives witchcraft?).


Yes, it is new as of the 1.0.74.0 patch. Apparently it is because the cards say essence. Which is amusing because the in-game books still say pixie dust.

Void essence will not give a witchcraft scroll.


Thanks to you (and Ichthyic) for testing. I wish they had left the old recipe in and put this as an alternative for higher level mats (including the void essence for witchcraft which would follow logically but for some reason does not). I liked being able to make scrolls and books very early on though the randomness could be frustrating.

Originally Posted by Kamylow

Am i the only one who has no item when using needle and thread on leather scraps ? It only works with magical needle and scraps.


It worked for me last night with three crafting and a nonmagical needle and thread, I got leather body armor. Sometimes the order in which you drag things matters, and make sure your needle and thread are combined first.

Also: is this guide still being updated? It's the best formatted one I've come across so I hope so.

Last edited by camelotcrusade; 21/07/14 04:06 PM.
Joined: Jul 2014
member
Offline
member
Joined: Jul 2014
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade
Also: is this guide still being updated? It's the best formatted one I've come across so I hope so.

Yes I have taken over since Angry Dave informed us that he wanted to quit maintaining this list. The new thread is:
Crafting Recipes & Guide - Part 4

Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
I have spent a lot of time and effort working the crafting system in the game. I have yet to find anything to increase the armor value of a cloth item. I am also looking for a way to craft bracers or belts. Something better than what I am wearing in game. And Is there a way to stack stats on items or upgrade them after primary upgrade. IE : Boil then put metal scraps on a Item + whatever resists upgrade at level 15. Then try and upgrade 2 levels later and I cant re boil or put metal scraps on. Is it a 1 shot wonder thing?
I found the Guide a while back and It has been very informative but they updated it yesterday and it is now QUITE long and more complicated.

Joined: Jul 2014
K
stranger
Offline
stranger
K
Joined: Jul 2014
Originally Posted by PatrickSJ

Is your crafting at level 5?


Sorry forgot to precise it, yes indeed.

Joined: Jul 2014
I
member
Offline
member
I
Joined: Jul 2014
Quote
I am also looking for a way to craft bracers or belts.


well, there are belts listed already. did you mean something different?

hell, I'm still using skull belts and charm belts on a couple of my characters at level 10.


Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5