Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Mr. C
Originally Posted by MrGrim
Who knew D:OS was played entirely by MRAs?
MRas?

Men's Rights Advocate.

hahaha

Has somebody already mentioned that "witchcraft" is a feminine term, discriminating male sorcerers? The stem for the term is cleary "witch" which is a 100% female profession although the job can be done by both sexes (males would call themselves just sorcerers or wizards)...

cheer

Last edited by LordCrash; 21/07/14 12:59 PM.

WOOS
K
K
Originally Posted by MrGrim
Who knew D:OS was played entirely by MRAs?
MRas?

Men's Rights Advocate.

Better that, than crazy bigots with a chip on their shoulder.

stranger
stranger
Ignorance is never an excuse, someone said. If you don't know what "man-at-arms" means, please avoid all the racist thing... soldier, knight are not racist words!
Please study some history, be honest and avoid such futile arguments.

Mr C's fight for feminists everywhere is disappointing, it's as bad as anyone who says "herstory". (I will admit I've never seen anyone complain about the word THIS having his is in and demand we use THER instead).

I think a more important argument would be why is there just man-at-arms for Str users instead of two categories, while dex has 2 and int chars get to pick from 5.

But no, I guess some would rather focus on silliness to make no point.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Couldn't you have found a more inclusive term for the skill set? Something a little less demeaning and sexist?

If you think it's not demeaning and sexist tell me you wouldn't at least notice if it was termed "woman-at-arms".

Hell... you could've gone with fighter or combatant Holy Warrior or best of all Paladin "because the whole skill set screams d&d paladin".

Just something a little less demeaning and exclusionary of women.

You progressives are intellectual degenerates. It's disgusting.

K
K
Originally Posted by elco
Couldn't you have found a more inclusive term for the skill set? Something a little less demeaning and sexist?

If you think it's not demeaning and sexist tell me you wouldn't at least notice if it was termed "woman-at-arms".

Hell... you could've gone with fighter or combatant Holy Warrior or best of all Paladin "because the whole skill set screams d&d paladin".

You progressives are intellectual degenerates. It's disgusting.

I like to think of them as regressives.

T
stranger
stranger
T
That person is not a progressive, just a brainwashed idiot.

If you go look deep into feminism nowadays, it's full of ignorant people, even men, that not only say (indirectly) that women should be MORE than men, but also thinks ANYTHING that seems to exclude women in any shape or form, like "man-at-arms", is some kind of terrible crime.

I applaud the joke "go back to the kitchen" in this situation, because ridiculousness should be met with ridicule.
I also defend what "feminism" should stand for, gender equality, not forgetting that men and women are a little different by nature, so it's more about equal opportunities.

S
stranger
stranger
S
call it "Fighterperson"

that should solve everything

E
stranger
stranger
E
the obvious thing everyone is overlooking here is that even "woman" ends in "man". The etymology for the root "man" meaning human.

idiots.

stranger
stranger
Mr C. is a troll, no doubt about it... though maybe a Ms troll.

If that's not the case, then you are waaaaay to deep in political correctness - and ANY fantasy setting will be too much of a conservative, noma'am, racist and homophobic experience for him (or her).

First of all, not being able to accept that most jobs (as man @ arms is) have a unique male term (with exceptions like a midwive), is just pure pointless rage meant to "spice up" a forum.

Second, fantasy settings always portray elves as gay, dwarves as drunk, orcs as violent... granted, exceptions exist, but that's how things work.

Now that I have enlightened the genre to this troll, we can just wait untill he (or she) turns to stone.

What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.
M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by nyarlathotep
Mr C. is a troll, no doubt about it... though maybe a Ms troll.

If that's not the case, then you are waaaaay to deep in political correctness - and ANY fantasy setting will be too much of a conservative, noma'am, racist and homophobic experience for him (or her).

First of all, not being able to accept that most jobs (as man @ arms is) have a unique male term (with exceptions like a midwive), is just pure pointless rage meant to "spice up" a forum.

Second, fantasy settings always portray elves as gay, dwarves as drunk, orcs as violent... granted, exceptions exist, but that's how things work.

Now that I have enlightened the genre to this troll, we can just wait untill he (or she) turns to stone.

Actually, this game is very progressive.

SPOILER FOLLOWS

There's a gay orc/human male couple..

Trolls be trollin'. BTW, there are male witches. According to Wicca (at least as far as I know), a witch of either sex employs his or her powers for good, whereas a warlock is a renegade witch who dabbles in darker matters. And likewise, a warlock can be a man or a woman.

But since we are on the topic of sexism and social justice (because you can't swing a dead rat without hitting a social justice warrior nowadays), here's one for you. Bare midriffs on girls were considered sexist in the final revision of DOS, so they got covered up. Fine. At the same time, all women in DOS, even when stripped naked, wear heels. Think about it, poor girls of Rivellon can't ever go barefoot (unless they are orcs of course), or wear sensible footwear.

Now, I'm pretty sure if you asked any woman involved in something even moderately physical whether she would prefer to do it with a bare midriff or in heels, she'd choose the bare midriff in a heartbeat. So chew on that, especially if you are a social justice warrior celebrating "armor equality" in DOS.

"We shall not fear the coming of the shadow of death."
G
apprentice
apprentice
G

I'm gonna kill myself, but before that i will make an example of your post every i could find feminist forums and any other gaming forums i have been registered then i will make alot threads about it to laugh and pity.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Damar Stiehl
Now, I'm pretty sure if you asked any woman involved in something even moderately physical whether she would prefer to do it with a bare midriff or in heels, she'd choose the bare midriff in a heartbeat. So chew on that, especially if you are a social justice warrior celebrating "armor equality" in DOS.

Actually I prefer heels, though that might have something to do with not wanting everyone to see that I need to lose a few pounds.

J'aime le fromage.
Heh, fair enough wink

"We shall not fear the coming of the shadow of death."
A
A
I am facepalming at the guys who react to that troll. laugh

A
A
Originally Posted by rk47
Go back to the kitchen.

Are you man enough for a duell about it? ;-)

K
K
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Originally Posted by rk47
Go back to the kitchen.

Are you man enough for a duell about it? ;-)

Stone, parchment, shears motherfucker, it's on!

stranger
stranger
Well, if he isn't, I am! Not that I'm a professional chef, but cookouts are fun - and delicious smile

What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.
D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Either this is a troll thread, and everyone is falling for the bait.
Or the OP was serious.

Either way, I've lost my faith in humanity.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard