Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Weston Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hi,

I don't know what I've done but in the first module and area that I was working on, the ground disappeared and now the screen is just gray.

I thought I'd done something to mess up that module but since it was only a test run, I didn't care and restarted the editor and created a new module.

I create a new area and selected a grass texture for the base texture but my ground layer is still just gray (see screenshot).

Anybody know what I've done to cause this or more importantly how to fix it?

Thanks

[Linked Image]

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah... I had the same problem wink

Be sure you selected a TR marked texture as starting texture for terrain (Check the tutorial and take note at what texture specifically is used, this is important) they are not just textures, they are texture templates with lots of sub-textures and definitions for slope etc..

So you pick the wrong texture, and the ground has no texture...

apprentice
apprentice
To be more specific, all of the terrain textures contain the word base. So if you search for "TR_ Base" you should come up with all the applicable textures. They all correspond to an area in the game as well.

apprentice
apprentice
Just to add to dsvw56's response, make sure there's a space between _ and Base, otherwise you might not see any results.

Link Copied to Clipboard