Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
My friend and I have been trying to play co-op and we are running into some issues that seem silly following a full beta.

First, and this seems like just the way the game works, but why when there are two of us playing, is he the only one who can control the other two members of our squad since he made the game? Why not give us the option of deciding who controls whom? As it stands, I control my one person and he controls three during every fight.

A second issue is that the knight companion that you find in the inn has a "!" up over her head for a few days now (even following game restarts) and we cannot interact with it at all. Initially when it happened, we couldn't control her or do anything with her at all, but now she is usable but has the ! on her head.

Anyone else seeing these issues? So far co-op is a big letdown for me. Seems half-baked.

Support
Support

The host can hit Esc to bring up a menu, and then the Assign Characters button to determine who controls each companion/henchmen.

A few people have had problems with companions becoming unresponsive. I assume you've both tried talking to her?
At the end of time, have Madora try talking to the Last Chest there (across from the portal to the Hall of Heroes).

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, any crash dumps, and your saved games. If file size is an issue, any saves not related to the problem can be deleted (so you could leave the latest working save with Madora, the oldest save where she was unresponsive, and your most recent save, for example).

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thanks for the reply.

Where in the menu is the assign characters button? All I see is video, audio, controls, game, credits, kickstarter and back.

Edit- Nevermind, I am blind. I was skipping the escape menu and going to the options. I see it now, and that solves that problem. Thanks!

Last edited by Mindstar; 12/07/14 08:49 AM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
This does not work. We are currently playing multiplayer and have Jahan and Madora in our party. Once we tell him we are in need of his services he will only move with the host of the game. Any other ideas? If the host attempts to assign the member to the joinee, me in this case, we end up both losing control and it requires us to end services and rehire.

Last edited by LogonScript; 12/07/14 01:54 PM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
To clarify the non host player can attack and play as Jahan, however Jahan will only auto follow the host when he is under his command. The non host player when having Jahan under his control will not follow him.

We then have to dismiss him from the party re acquire him and then he will once again follow the host.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
This might sound a tad stupid but have you tried dragging his portrait over your other character's portrait? When a character is assigned to a different player, he doesn't follow anyone automatically and you have to do what I just described in the previous sentence

H
stranger
stranger
H
oh my god it worked i love you!

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Haha, you're welcome wink

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard