enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Halcyon
Originally Posted by Tanist
Originally Posted by Gyson

Don't talk to me. Piss off Troll.

Irony.

Have you read his responses in this forum? He has picked fights with multiple people all through beta. Each time he follows a pattern. Makes an argument, then defends it with fallacious arguments and attacks. If anyone pressures him in kind, he fakes the victim and you go in circles dealing with his "innocence" narcissism.

Yeah, but go ahead and come late to the party and defend ignorantly. /boggle

Tanist #517787 12/07/14 10:25 PM
veteran
veteran

Irony.

Have you read his responses in this forum? He has picked fights with multiple people all through beta.

By that Tanist means four people, with a list that includes himself and Hiver making up 50% of that roster. wink Although to Hiver's credit I think I actually had a pleasant exchange with him in another thread recently! It's as if that is actually a possibility when you don't start off the exchange with "Don't talk to me. Piss off Troll.". Go figure.

He also apparently can't be bothered to use the "ignore" function or something, even though he once announced to the entire forum that he was going to do exactly that. /shrug

M
M
Bedrolls could ideally be crafted items. I mean there's pillows laying all over... some needle, some thread, some loose cloth, put in a pillow and voila... bedroll.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I remember seeing an NPC move a bed...

With enough strength, you can move and pick up furniture in the game as well. Have you tried dragging a bed into your inventory?

Mr. C #517825 12/07/14 11:03 PM
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Mr. C
Bedrolls could ideally be crafted items. I mean there's pillows laying all over... some needle, some thread, some loose cloth, put in a pillow and voila... bedroll.

Ok fine. You throw out a bed roll. It only suits one person (same as the beds do unless they are larger) and then you click to lie on it. Now, as you are lying on it, it ticks up your health slowly like it does in the inns, etc...

Is that what you are asking for? If so, I honestly don't see a problem with that considering the numerous others healing sources there are in this game. It isn't like you being able to do that is an advantage and if you tied it to crafting, well... there you go.

So.. good point. I can agree.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Songbird

With enough strength, you can move and pick up furniture in the game as well. Have you tried dragging a bed into your inventory?

There has to be a means to do it. I mean, I have read people taking chests, filling them up and stacking them in another chest, etc... in order to take advantage of using the chest as a weapon with telekinesis (ie items with more weight do more damage).

Last edited by Tanist; 12/07/14 11:06 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Songbird

I have tried to move a bed before. smile I don't think strength was the issue.. it didn't act like it was going to let me do anything other than "use" it. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some beds out there that are flagged differently, though.

What I don't understand is the issue of "abuse" or gaining an "advantage". The game is moddable.. We could twink our starting characters to high heaven. Make health potions that never disappear, etc. There is no notion of unfair advantage in a single player game. There is just the player and what they choose to do - either play fair or break the experience for themselves, unless they enjoy that type of thing.

Tanist #518149 13/07/14 09:47 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by Mr. C

Ok fine. You throw out a bed roll. It only suits one person (same as the beds do unless they are larger) and then you click to lie on it. Now, as you are lying on it, it ticks up your health slowly like it does in the inns, etc...

Is that what you are asking for? If so, I honestly don't see a problem with that considering the numerous others healing sources there are in this game. It isn't like you being able to do that is an advantage and if you tied it to crafting, well... there you go.

So.. good point. I can agree.

The key here is effectively "magicless" characters. Some of the things they do may straight bend the laws of physics and some needs a bit of imagination...

But I am much better able to use a "bedroll" to describe camping than I am able to use "cast minor heal" to describe camping.

Tanist #518152 13/07/14 09:54 AM
T
apprentice
apprentice
T

I have seen this far too many times - you are the one coming across as the troll.

Gaming dinosaur!!
TonyD #518240 13/07/14 12:27 PM
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by TonyD

I have seen this far too many times - you are the one coming across as the troll.

Really? How do you figure that? I don't discuss with Gyson anymore. I even explained to him that his continued responses to me will be of the same, that I won't be roped into another drawn out argument of fallacies of his. So, as long as he doesn't respond to me, we have no issues.

A troll seeks to create conflict. They thrive on it. They are like a devious child poking a cat with a stick to see it howl. I ask for no conflict, the ball is entirely in his court. I have asked him to stop responding to me and it should be as simple as that if he wishes to avoid trolling. Remember, Gyson is the one with the stick. If you see those responses often, it isn't because I am the problem here, it is because Gyson wishes to see that conflict.

So think again who is the troll here, who is the one seeking conflict. /shrug

Tanist #518243 13/07/14 12:31 PM
addict
addict

Really? How do you figure that? I don't discuss with Gyson anymore. I even explained to him that his continued responses to me will be of the same, that I won't be roped into another drawn out argument of fallacies of his. So, as long as he doesn't respond to me, we have no issues.

A troll seeks to create conflict. They thrive on it. They are like a devious child poking a cat with a stick to see it howl. I ask for no conflict, the ball is entirely in his court. I have asked him to stop responding to me and it should be as simple as that if he wishes to avoid trolling. Remember, Gyson is the one with the stick. If you see those responses often, it isn't because I am the problem here, it is because Gyson wishes to see that conflict.

By refusing to put him on ignore, and constantly responding with a "troll" comment to everything he says, it seems that YOU are the one seeking conflict.

Tanist #518253 13/07/14 12:44 PM

You are the one seeking conflict. You have no right to demand he does not respond to your posts, especially when done courteously. You should ignore his posts instead of using insulting language.

If you keep up this poor form, you'll only be painting yourself in a bad light. Which is too bad, since you have some intelligent things to say otherwise. Whether or not people agree with them smile

Jito463 #518255 13/07/14 12:46 PM
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Jito463

By refusing to put him on ignore, and constantly responding with a "troll" comment to everything he says, it seems that YOU are the one seeking conflict.

It is done. He is on ignore. Though wait for it... he will troll me by proxy of others.

Halcyon #518258 13/07/14 12:47 PM
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T

You are the one seeking conflict. You have no right to demand he does not respond to your posts, especially when done courteously. You should ignore his posts instead of using insulting language.

If you keep up this poor form, you'll only be painting yourself in a bad light. Which is too bad, since you have some intelligent things to say otherwise. Whether or not people agree with them smile

He is on ignore, but don't say I didn't tell you so when he starts injecting into conversations trying to dismiss me via proxy.

Last edited by Tanist; 13/07/14 12:48 PM.
addict
addict
Here's a tip for you, Tanist. I'm not going to argue with you whether he's the troll or you are, I don't give a hoot. If you think he is a troll, ignore him. Ignore everything he says, and it will all blow over. As it is, all you've done is turned a petty dispute into a public brawl. Take it to PM next time. The rest of us don't care about your squabbles.

Tanist #518307 13/07/14 02:37 PM
veteran
veteran

You made a big show of announcing to the forums that you were going to place me on ignore months ago (the first time we disagreed about something), and I suggest you actually follow through this time. Because if we're both participating in a discussion and you make a comment that I disagree with, feel is flawed or inaccurate, or even agree with, there's a chance I'm going to comment on it - because that's how discussions work.

You don't get a free pass to say whatever you desire without attracting responses just because you tell people not to talk to you. You're going for the equivalent of a "do not allow responses to this post" button, and it doesn't exist. Public comments attract public responses.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Can we put chairs into our inventory? "Phew, hang on, I need a breather. Lemme just assemble this stool I grabbed from the inn..."

Soylent #518543 13/07/14 09:27 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Soylent
Can we put chairs into our inventory? "Phew, hang on, I need a breather. Lemme just assemble this stool I grabbed from the inn..."

No, chairs won't go into your inventory. And while we used to be able to regenerate health while using chairs and beds, it was eventually changed to be beds only.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard