Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Mother of God... is there a mod for this? Can it be done?

stranger
stranger
Bushes and boulders aren't sneaky enough for you?

I know... you want to sneak around inside a cardboard box. And when sneaking fails, a "!" pops up along with a jarring alert sound.

(In all seriousness, this would be an awesome mod.)

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
We already got the ! if you get discovered by enemies, did you forget? :P
Now someone make the cardboard! Mwahaha! laugh

Jokes aside, I'm not sure if it can be done, but I have seen people edit default stuff, so I hope someone will do it for you and since you don't seem to be the only person to want this, I assume someone who wants "normal" sneaking will create this. Not sure if the other mods break online compatibility though, we got barely any information on version mismatch issues except for "don't edit the main module directly through the editor". Not sure about assets and animations here, but my guess would be: If your coop partner doesn't change his/her game the same way, there will be issues.

journeyman
journeyman
I agree! I wonder if it's possible to use the Invisibility effect from the Scoundrel skill (can't remember its name at the moment).

If it's just a matter of swapping one effect for another, then it might be doable smile

I dont have enough time to do such a thing right this moment but it very easily can be done by someone who knows how to do a bit of animating. LS tools has a FX2 to GR2 converter
They store their animations in a GR2 file format.. unpack the main files> search sneak and thats where their sneak files are.

If it were me id just take the walking animation.. give it a transparent hue and replace the sneak files.

I'd do it for you if i could find a GR2 import tool xD

And no it wouldnt break online play. For the person with this kind of mod they would see everyone sneaking the same way. But for anyone playing without the mod theyd see the rock or bush.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Oh, interesting to know. So exchanging files like animations and models is purely a clientside thing?

stranger
stranger
I just wanted to come and bump this. It's just too goofy. I'm sure the animators/devs had some fun and laughed about it, but.. I'd just really like to see a shadow animation, or darken, anything that's not a tip toe bush...

Last edited by TodSpengo; 15/07/14 11:25 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
bump

M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by wolfchasingmoon
bump

I know, right?

I'm currently working on a mod that will have the sneaking animation changed to the same animation played when you cast sneak in game. except without a time limit outside of battle.

Should i get it working properly ill make a standalone mod just for that.

Last edited by Demonata08; 12/08/14 07:27 AM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Awesome! Much appreciated Demonata!

W
stranger
stranger
W
Hows that mod lookin Demonata? Any news? Thanks again btw

No news now.. Currently havent had any days off from work to really get in on working on it. Definitely keep an eye out on my mod post here.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=535930#Post535930

I'll update that thread with a link to the standalone stealth mod.

Last edited by Demonata08; 13/08/14 03:14 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard