Print Thread
#518274 13/07/14 01:19 PM
G
Genus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Sorry if this is posted somewhere but I have searched and didn't find the answer.

I have the Mac version and cannot get any mods to be recognized by the "Mods" section in game. The only "mod" that is recognized is the "Cow Level" that is installed via Steam.

Any help would be most appreciated.

FYI - Anything that includes the term "Bootcamp" or "Buy a PC" doesn't count smile

Thanks!

Genus #518280 13/07/14 01:32 PM
G
Genus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
And of course after I posted the question I figured it out... lol

I put the "mods" and "public" folders everywhere I could think except inside the actual .app container under the "Data" folder.

Once I did this, it worked just fine.
Hopefully they change this since you shouldn't have to modify the .app containers for programs on a Mac.

Thanks anyways!

Genus #518338 13/07/14 03:55 PM
I
stranger
stranger
I
dude i have a mac too but idk how to mod, help? i dont get this ish

G
Genus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
I don't actually create mods. I just use mods that other people have created.

If you need help on using existing mods, I can provide more detail on how I got them to work with my Mac.

If you need help on actually creating your own mods, I'm afraid I cannot provide any assistance since I have never done that.

Genus #518348 13/07/14 04:03 PM
I
stranger
stranger
I
Yea I'm interested in using mods already out there man, how do I use them? I can't even type anything when I click on mods in game

Genus #518358 13/07/14 04:10 PM
I
stranger
stranger
I
Yea I'm interested in using mods already out there man, how do I use them? I can't even type anything when I click on mods in game

Genus #518633 13/07/14 11:57 PM
G
Genus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Using Mods on a Mac is easy now that I figured out the location. Follow the directions included with each mod you want to use but if/when they reference the "Data", "Mods" or "Public" folders, on a Mac they are located at the path:
"Macintosh HD / Users / yourusername / Library / Application Support / Steam / SteamApps / common / Divinity - Original Sin / Divinity - Original Sin / Contents"

If you'll notice, part of that path contains "Divinity - Original Sin" twice. This is because the second one is an application container. You need to open it within Finder to access the rest of the path.

To do this, open Finder, click "Go" and then click "Go to Folder". In the popup box paste the following "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Divinity - Original Sin/Divinity - Original Sin/Contents".

Click "Go" in the popup box. The path you want should now open.

Under the "Contents" folder is where your "Data" folder is located. This folder contains the "Mods" and "Public" folders that are referenced in some mods. If the folders do not exist under "Data", create them when you copy over a mod.

This should be all you need to use mods on the Mac.

Good Luck!

Genus #518696 14/07/14 02:08 AM
I
stranger
stranger
I
Thanks but where do I find mods to copy & paste?

G
Genus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Great place to start looking for mods is the exact forum in which this thread is posted. Generally a topic that contains a mod has a subject that starts with, or at least contains, "[MOD]".

I would just explore these posts.

Good luck

Genus #538285 06/08/14 09:41 PM
J
stranger
stranger
J
I'm pretty new to mods too. I down loaded a mod ( http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/22/? ) but i can't un pack it. I have tried multiple apps from the apps store to unpack it. What are you using to unpack mods?
Thanks

Genus #538486 07/08/14 06:33 AM
R
addict
addict
R
Regarding the OP, if Steam on Mac is acting anything like Steam on Windows, then Steam is downloading the Workshop mods (besides cow simulator) into the wrong location. The mod paks should be in your Steam/userdata somewhere.

Link Copied to Clipboard