Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
My characters are like clowns. They go around in green/red/yellow/blue combos and there's nothing one can do about it. Dyes are so rare, why not put them in the alchemist merchant and increase their diversity/spawns dramatically? Up the prices if needed, but please make them more accessible..

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Infiltrator
My characters are like clowns. They go around in green/red/yellow/blue combos and there's nothing one can do about it. Dyes are so rare, why not put them in the alchemist merchant and increase their diversity/spawns dramatically? Up the prices if needed, but please make them more accessible..

Hm, in my games they spawn quite often at merchants. But a higher spawn rate is not a bad idea, why not.

WOOS
D
stranger
stranger
D
Should really just be a dye merchant, save scumming for dyes is the worst thing. If you want to dye the whole party, there's not enough merchants in the game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DekarTheDragoon
If you want to dye the whole party, there's not enough merchants in the game.

That's actually not true. But the problem is that many merchants vor dyes are onl available late in the game so there should be more options for the early game.

WOOS
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Well I dont know where I am atm but I think im finishing up in the starting though, still, many hours in and I've had a single dye so far. I agree 1 merchant with just dyes standing around wouldn't hurt anyone, because my characters really look imbecilic with bright rainbow tones all over themselves.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Even later dye merchants don't really carry enough to color all your teams equipment, assuming 4 members, since they carry 1 color per transaction.

A tailor merchant that exclusively sells dyes in Cyseal would be awesome.

H
stranger
stranger
H
I very much like this idea.

Wouldn't be as big of a deal if gear color didn't tend to clash as much as it does.

V
stranger
stranger
V
All of my +1's

K
K
It would be nice if there was a dye merchant in the homestead who sells dyes of all colors, I mean it's just color customization.

Last edited by Kriss; 19/07/14 06:32 AM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
You can steal everything. Everything! But no, you can't have more colors, that's an exploit! wink

J
stranger
stranger
J
I'd like to see dyes craftable. A lot of the ingredients you pick up could have had the option to be grinded into powder, which in turn could be combined with a bottle of water to form a dye. It seems strange to me that dyes are such a rarity.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I would suggest more crafting options over more vendor availability. Not saying I'm suggesting a high Crafting skill requirement; no sir on that one. Just that you'd feel a little more badass making dyes out of surrounding vegetation, just like they used to do centuries ago.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
There's really absolutely no reason why dyes shouldn't be widely available at every point in the game. It's silly for that not to be the case. In a game that focuses so much on freedom and customization this should be standard.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Songbird
Even later dye merchants don't really carry enough to color all your teams equipment, assuming 4 members, since they carry 1 color per transaction.

A tailor merchant that exclusively sells dyes in Cyseal would be awesome.

I would go further by removing the dye items completely.

Then make this tailor NPC have a clothing dye interface where you could dye your gear in any of the dye colours as much as you want for a fee.

btw something I found very annoying if you have applied a dye to a piece of armour then modified it (eg. resistances boost, plate scraps) this will remove the dye.

Last edited by VikCachat; 23/07/14 02:21 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
+1 for a dye vendor in Cyseal.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Infiltrator

Originally Posted by jayws
I'd like to see dyes craftable. A lot of the ingredients you pick up could have had the option to be grinded into powder, which in turn could be combined with a bottle of water to form a dye. It seems strange to me that dyes are such a rarity.

Yes.

And having more dyes at some merchants (not ALL) would be very welcome.

No need for a specific dye merchant. Too much work to create a specific merchant and his stall and plant it in the game at some single spot where you would need to return over and over again.
All that can be achieved for much less work hours by just enabling more dyes to spawn in existing merhcants inventories.

journeyman
journeyman
Someone could mod in a dye merchant relatively easily I imagine.

Last edited by Ailurophile; 23/07/14 03:56 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard