Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Fend Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
The clowns can't release a pledged pet more than 2 weeks after release????
Seriously Larian are clowns to not be able release a pledged pet still 2 weeks after release.

They are quick to take the money, much less to respect the engagements.

Nobody care, but I had to write it. <Insert furious smiley here>

So here the post I posted on Steam forum.

I post the answer from Larian followed by a ban to not allow me answer:
Larlor:
I am unable to assist you directly via Steam. However every pledger should be able to activate their pets without an issue, I feel this might be a case of simply not knowing how to activate it.
Please forward your issue to kickstarter@larian.com where a clown will surely assist you.

Mister Larlor firstly either you are an incompetent either you are lying.

I'm waiting a solution of this issue from your support, at the email you quoted, since 10 days including today. This doesn't count the days I believed the pet had to be found inside the game, because Larian provided no information details on the pets.

If you didn't check your affirmation before to throw them, you are incompetent.

I'm well aware to be a part of a small minority but it's not me that decided to make a pet pledge reward, that's Larian.

Now for have ban me right after, I repeat it clearly here, Larian are CLOWNS to not release the pledged pets 2 weeks after release. I don't consider it insult but fact. Idiot is an insult, not clowns.

Last edited by Fend; 14/07/14 02:30 PM.
F
Fend Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
I want add, that I didn't bother insist more on kickstarter support because obviously they did their best, but the decisions was out of their reach.

At a point, there's limits, and contact them was pointless, so here the bash in Larian face to not respect a very small minority of pledgers, that now obviously are more a burden than anything else.

On base that sort of pledges is a bad decisions, I just wanted a pet in game not some pointless personalized pet.

I am Lor on the forum and I did not ban you, some Steam community member must have done that so that is out of my power - to set the record straight. We don't really do bans at Larian.

You are blatantly throwing insults in your thread and all I did was address you kindly and direct you to support; it is completely unreasonable to think that my priority is to sift through tons of emails to see if there might be a person that uses the nickname Dorok whom may or may not have mailed us regarding a kickstarter pet BEFORE making my post to direct you to support.
I check for bug reports on both forums and try to assist where I can and otherwise direct them to support, even in cases where people clearly lack manners.

If you already mailed support and have not yet received an answer, then what good will creating a derogatory thread on Steam do for you? Absolutely nothing.
This is a small team, sometimes it may take longer to resolve your issue but that does not mean people aren't working on doing so. I have no direct hand in this, so send a new email regarding this if it irks you this much.

Last edited by Issh; 14/07/14 03:18 PM.
addict
addict
You can have Clown Pets! Cool!

addict
addict
While the waiting is starting to get to me, I'm also waiting on a couple of things before I even start my first proper play through of the release.

The engraving tools and the secret lair. Impatient as I may be, I still find ways to keep my cool and not throw tantrums. When did we lose patience as a virtue?

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
enthusiast
enthusiast
OP: Troll!

While I don't agree with the tone of the OP, his complaint is valid - he reported it a week ago on the KS Reward thread and he isn't the only one missing the pet and tool.

While I appreciate that Larian isn't a big team and that fixing game issues should have priority, we should also be given the courtesy of a cut-off date by which any outstanding backer issues should be emailed to support.

addict
addict
They are a team of about 40 game developers, not public relations experts.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by EinTroll
They are a team of about 40 game developers, not public relations experts.

I don't think this is a valid excuse considering how badly they dropped the ball on the kickstarter stuff.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by EinTroll
While the waiting is starting to get to me, I'm also waiting on a couple of things before I even start my first proper play through of the release.

The engraving tools and the secret lair. Impatient as I may be, I still find ways to keep my cool and not throw tantrums. When did we lose patience as a virtue?

The secret lair issue was already detailed by Swen in another thread. They decided to split the dungeon into multiple ones to make them more meaningful and integrated. The temple of death was for example once part of the secret lair.

As far as I know nobody has received the engraving tools yet. They just don't exist. But I guess Larian will deliver them on a later date, probably with one of the two bigger updates this week or in August.

Last edited by LordCrash; 14/07/14 06:48 PM.

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Concerning the engraving tool I heard that it was not ready for release. No one has it yet. It will come in a patch.

Concerning the pet, I have mine. I got a mail from Larian Jun 28th release of the game where I was told to choose one of the shown animals. Did you get that mail?

The selection of animals can be seen here: http://larian.com/Animals_Sheet.png

Unless you answered that mail you will not get the pet. In the mail it said that unless you answered before the 30th of June the pet would be added in a patch.

Last edited by Jacob Marner; 14/07/14 07:30 PM.
veteran
veteran
Gotta love developers that are actually human beings like Issh though, not PR-machines who just blurred out pre-defined spew of PR.

Some people on this forum could use some humanity I think. And not to throw out tantrums, insults, demands and whatelse I see coming around. It makes it far less fun to be around here with all the hostility.
And that for such a pearl of a game... sad sad state Game-development is in these days.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
Gotta love developers that are actually human beings like Issh though, not PR-machines who just blurred out pre-defined spew of PR.

Some people on this forum could use some humanity I think. And not to throw out tantrums, insults, demands and whatelse I see coming around. It makes it far less fun to be around here with all the hostility.
And that for such a pearl of a game... sad sad state Game-development is in these days.

People paid, people excepts satisfaction. I support what OP said by the way.

veteran
veteran
It's not a pre-order, it's funding the game.

I do realise not a lot of people understand this and use Kickstarter as pre-order store...

Oh that's Dorok, I can imagine it being one of a few posts that got him banned.

Regardless, give Larian a chance, they've worked their asses off to get the game out and are working to get stuff done but hopefully also relaxing a bit more. It's not like you've been left without a game or anything!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Jacob Marner
Concerning the engraving tool I heard that it was not ready for release. No one has it yet. It will come in a patch.

Concerning the pet, I have mine. I got a mail from Larian Jun 28th release of the game where I was told to choose one of the shown animals. Did you get that mail?

The selection of animals can be seen here: http://larian.com/Animals_Sheet.png

Unless you answered that mail you will not get the pet. In the mail it said that unless you answered before the 30th of June the pet would be added in a patch.

I confirm that. I've gotten the same mail and answered it before June 30th. I have my pet since release.

Maybe the mail somehow was blocked by a spam filter or something like that for some of you? That would be sad but it also wouldn't be Larian's fault...

@Jacob
Which animal did you choose? wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 15/07/14 01:12 AM.

WOOS
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by Jacob Marner
...Unless you answered that mail you will not get the pet. In the mail it said that unless you answered before the 30th of June the pet would be added in a patch.

I confirm that. I've gotten the same mail and answered it before June 30th. I have my pet since release...Maybe the mail somehow was blocked by a spam filter or something like that...
Received Larian's email and responded on the 29th June. No pet.

Maybe my response got blocked by Larian's spam filter. wink

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
And this is why devs need to stay away from all this reward crap when it comes to crowdfunding. There isn't a single one that hasn't screwed up somewhere with all these backer rewards and what not. If it's not your purview don't mess with it. It'll just end up costing you more time and money to get it all done and out to backers then you're bringing in. In other words, stick to what you know. Stay away from physical rewards and keep the virtual ones simple. Christ, look at Roberts and Star Citizen, 1 million dollars per stretch goal for dumb shit like a virtual plant.

Midget Soothsayer robs Bank! Small Medium at Large!
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I feel the OP and a lot of others here have never worked in the service industry before. For the sake of learning some basic human decency, or, at the very least, learning what rights you have as a consumer, you people really should gain some work experience in service and hospitality.

Things you should know:

- Your money entitles you to the goods and/or services the company is selling. It does NOT entitle you verbally or physically abuse employees or representatives of the company.

- Just as you have the right to refuse a transaction with a company at your discretion, the company also has the right to refuse you at their discretion, especially when you are being verbally abusive.

- The right of free speech protects your right to say what you want, it doesn't exempt you from the consequences of your speech.

- Third party vendors have no obligation to support a product beyond returns and exchanges because many of them aren't equipped to. Expecting Steam to solve your issues is like me expecting Best Buy to fix my TV in-store instead of its manufacturer Samsung.

That said, if you feel you are truly being dealt unfairly by Larian, and you can't reach a resolution with them directly, there are legal avenues such as 3rd party arbitration and formal litigation. If your assertion that they won't respond to you personally is actually true, how is ranting and raving on a forum going to be any different?

G
G
Geez what are we talking about here?
A pet, a mention in the credits, etc etc. The game is fully functional play it and stop worrying about some small extras which are missing.

I'm also missing the engraving tool etc, I don't give a (*)($# about when I get it.
It's all about the game not some digital add-on goodies which have no consequence for you playing the game.

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard