Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Is it possible to undo the change by editing the save file somehow or console commands? Any work around other than reloading an old save game of which could send me back more than a dozen hours if have to do so...it must record in the save file somewhere that you are under status effect of some sort so if was possible to edit that save file might be able to undo that.

If anyone is good with hex editing I ran back to the location from earlier save (skipped the many hours worth of stuff did on original save) and then did a save before chest and save after opening and changed to frog in same spot. The only difference should be one is closed chest and still human and other is open chest and is now frog.

Here is first file from prior to opening chest that I think stores all character data aka the actual save game 'data' file.

http://www.filedropper.com/data_6

Here is second file after opening chest...

http://www.filedropper.com/data_7

Last edited by Dragoonlordz; 14/07/14 05:56 PM.
Support
Support

No quicksaves, either?

Unfortunately, the last time I checked that, there were quite a few things added and changed in the character section of the data.000 file, with no obvious way to work backwards to undo the changes.

You should be able to make a copy of your previous save, boost experience to match your current level (iZakaroN's SaveEditor), and copy the character section into your new save. See:

I've been transformed into a rabbit!

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I will give that a try, thanks.

I just hope there are no more save game breaking bugs I come across.

Last edited by Dragoonlordz; 14/07/14 08:56 PM.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard