Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
I can't find the character template in the root template. In the player section it only shows player light??

T
stranger
stranger
T
Search the entire game assets, it's not under player.

Tbh I rarely use the sub-folders, just use the filter bar at the top and filter all.

Look for "Player Male".

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Do you have the purple stickman icon selected? The icons are filters and this particular one stands for characters. If it's highlighted and you wrote player, it should show the following: ImpPlayer FemalePlayer MalePlayer and FloaterPlayer.
If you want to add humans as playable characters, add either FemalePlayer or MalePlayer to the world.

To make them playable, you have to open the Sidebar, select your player characters and tick the Player tickbox such as the Global tickbox. Global makes characters well... global. It allows them to travel from map to map. Without this tickbox, said actors are just level specific.

Also, don't forget to give them a name, otherwise there will be warnings/errors in the log.

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
I do. And im also noticing that even when all the icons are selected and I type something in, nothing changes. there's no narrowing of options. followed the directions from the developer vid, so im not sure what the issue is

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
nvm! figured it out! thank you for your assistance!

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
I do have one more question though, my camera appears to be fixed at one point and im in editor mode. any ideas?

Link Copied to Clipboard