Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Hello, when i host a game (downloaded from GOG) on 1.0.67 version and a friend from Steam try to join (1.0.67 too) he gets a version mismatch error.

I get the same error when i try to join him.

Connection failled : Server has wrong version.
This is frustrating as it tooks us time to find a moment we're both available to play the same time. Our .exe file has the exact same size.

Support
Support

Check the version number shown in the main menu, under the column of buttons. Someone in the GOG forum reported a problem with co-op where one person had the version number just listed as 'v'.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version) for both computers. The report will contain system and network information, any crash dumps, and your saved games (which are not relevant in this case, so can be deleted to reduce the file size, if that is an issue).

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
It's "v1.0.67.0" on my side, i will ask my comrade what version is shown inside the game, but we tried to use the same .exe (sent mine) with no results, or maybe the version doesn't depend on the game's binary ?

How would my comrade downgrade version if there's this kind of problem as he is using Steam with no real version control on end user side ?

Regards

Support
Support

I don't think the version display issue is related to the executable itself (and don't know if that is what caused the error trying to connect).

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Hello, you were right, here's my friend's displayed version in game http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/579027346722414196/17C73A09DDDE652890FA99B0FEE5526E9B0B1839/

How can he fix this on his side ?

(I'm waiting for my comrade's report to send them both on the same mail)

Last edited by Magissia; 15/07/14 04:58 PM.
Support
Support

I'm not sure what the fix is; neither person who reported this posted again with an update, if they were able to get it displayed.

If your friend has the game set to auto-update, is 1.0.72 also displayed just as 'v'?

Have your friend make sure they don't have anti-aliasing forced in their video drivers. That can cause missing text characters, though I don't know if it might also effect the displayed version number (if so it is fairly rare compared to the number of people who have reported the issue in-game, though it may simply not have been noticed in the menu).

Also, get them to try verifying local files (I'm not sure if that will force an update, though). In the Steam library, right click on Divinity Original Sin and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
I shared my installation of GOG as my comrade paid the game as i did, so we can play by the time it get fixed.

My comrade play with the Intel's IGP on lowest graphics possible and notebook mode activated.

Will tell to try the check file. It's displayed to "v" only for him, on my side it's correctly wirtten "v1.0.67.0".

Last edited by Magissia; 15/07/14 08:16 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard