Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wayward Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I was just looking at one of the screenshots on the main site where two main characters were engaged in a dialogue between themselves and had something like "Contempt +1" and "some other stat +1" floating above their heads.

In the game I've noticed that upon doing some deed (e.g. stealing or finishing a quest) both of my characters acquire exclamation marks above their heads. Upon interaction with one another a small conversation strikes up, however by the end of it the protagonists do not receive any personality points, whether they agree with each other on the subject or not.

I do know that, when talking to others, the replies award various personality points. But I have also expected the same outcome in private conversations.

Am I just missing something or are some of these conversations meant to have no effect on the stats?

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Sometimes they do I find.

If I have a really strong disagreement between my main characters that can result in a personality gain or loss, appears to happen more in this situation than just agreeing with each other but that might just be my impression.
So overall, it seems to me, sometimes you get points sometimes you don't smile

pts Offline
journeyman
journeyman
The stat +1 floating above the heads might be already gone after you finish the conversation. You can check out the traits section on the character screen if you missed those changes (go to inventory/char screen, click on the top right icon with the heart).

Wayward Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I know where to check the personality effects, but as far as I know there's no way to trace those points as to when they were added and for what. Isn't that so?

Besides, few times I was observing my characters while they were having a private conversation and saw no floating lines.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Not really sure then, I don't think there is an issue there I just think you might have missed the occasions when points were altered. I don't believe there is anyway to know when they were added and even for me, it is rare that it happens. There is no doubt an optimal way to answer to gain maximum points but I have no idea what it is!

pts Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I didn't check, but you might also see them in the conversation log.

veteran
veteran
Yes, they are in the convo log. I would prefer them to appear in the dialogue window as well. Another option would be to make the popups of "X+1" ontop of all other UI elements, but still, not always is the camera focused on the PC's during a modification so my personal preference is, as said, written in the dialogue box when it happens.

As for the OP-question, some do... some don't. For example the very first convo (after finding the book of the fallen victim) does. Killing a NPC then talking does. There are several other instances.

But yes, not all of them. Banter like "we leveled up!" or "I am so narcistic!" are just that, banter.

Link Copied to Clipboard