Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Szoreny Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
After Divinity 2 I figured you guys didn't care. But lo and behold, Original Sin has the brawn to pile my slaughtered foes high.

Honestly there's nothing like having a big battle then admiring the carnage when the dust settles.

So much more satisfying then seeing a field of little loot bags left behind after fresh corpses inexplicably disappear.

This is a pet peeve of mine...PC's generally have the overhead to keep corpses around but developers still often insist on removing them.

If CD Projekt decides to make the bodies fade immediately in Witcher 3 I will be so pissed I'll be rude to a bank teller.

So thanks for not stealing my kills Larian!

Last edited by Szoreny; 15/07/14 04:54 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Well judging by the witcher 1&2 corpses in the third game will probably turn to loot bags or gore piles not very long before you are gone.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I do find the unnaturally fast rate of corpse decomposition in other games disturbing. It's not the hulking, doom-aura bosses you should be worried about, it's the super efficient, flesh liquefying microbes that are the real terror!

S
S
Yeah, I was also always annoyed by disappearing corpses in other games. It can completely fuck up the immersion.

addict
addict
Well, the first thing that comes to mind is that that's part of saving resources used by the game. Even though it's a corpse, it still has to be rendered, thus consuming system resources.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
S
Szoreny Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Songbird
I do find the unnaturally fast rate of corpse decomposition in other games disturbing. It's not the hulking, doom-aura bosses you should be worried about, it's the super efficient, flesh liquefying microbes that are the real terror!

Yeah no one seemed to care very much about the microbes in TW2, though I wonder what kind of backlash would've appeared had CDPR made the Kayran Corpse vanish into a loot bag.

In my mind stealing even a single Nekker is just as bad. They could've at least flagged Queen Endregas, Arachas and Trolls as semi-permanent.

Anyway Flash has incorporated more persistent corpses into his combat rebalances for both Witcher 1 and 2. Since he's CDPR staff at least somebody over there cares a bit, so I have hope for TW3.

At least make it an .ini switch guys I mean really.

S
Szoreny Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by EinTroll
Well, the first thing that comes to mind is that that's part of saving resources used by the game. Even though it's a corpse, it still has to be rendered, thus consuming system resources.

Yeah but that's what LOD's are for, - In games where you can .ini your way into permanent corpses I've never seen performance degrade from keeping them around.

If the game can draw a crowd of them with AI and collision enabled while they're alive, it can certainly draw them as non-colliding null objects.

Link Copied to Clipboard