Print Thread
#519935 15/07/14 05:23 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hi everybody,
I haven't followed all the updates in the blog since the KS, and I can't find the answer to this simple question :
will we see the "Lair of the Unspeakable" any day soon?

Thank you!

addict
addict
The lair beneath Dark Forest, you mean? We'll see it, I don't know about the "soon" part :s

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
veteran
veteran
The lair was split in different dungeons and some planned content was simply cut. Swen explained that already a while ago.

WOOS
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Thank you for your answers.
I don't know if Swen explained that a while ago, but I got 2 replies to my question from 2 members of the forum, and it seems it's not clear.
For the first one, we'll have the Lair later, for the second one there won't be any.

Too bad if it has been cut down, some hard late game content would have been a nice thing.

veteran
veteran
The Knight's Dungeon, the Inner Sanctum (Temple of the dead), the Druid Dungeon(Alchemist) were originally all part of the mega dungeon but when we realised we were never going to make it at the density level we aspired to, we decided to modify their function. We have the other parts of the dungeons on our HDDs but they're not that much fun so we decided not to include them. As I said before, it's a game, not a shopping list and "Killing your darlings" is an inevitable part of any production as is shifting priorities.

I think there's more than sufficient content in D:OS as is. There certainly is more than we planned for and I hope people do realise just exactly how easy it would be to construct a few extra boring dungeon levels just for the sake to living up to the "letter of the law". Or maybe we could have cut up some of the existing dungeons and split them in different levels. We opted not to do that because we thought it'd deteriorate the game and tbh, didn't consider it a big deal. A lot these resource shifts had to do with implementing other feedback we got during the beta which we thought was more important. You may agree or disagree with that, but it's one of those things developers sometimes have to do. I certainly don't regret making other areas more dense and adding more freedom at the expense of these dungeon levels.

-> post by Swen himself from http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=513527

WOOS
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Thank you for the quote.

Link Copied to Clipboard