Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Alyoshenka
Originally Posted by Norbyte
Which ones don't work for you? I've created a .pak to replace icons.dds and its working.

I've created a .pak containing several .dds files from Public\Main\Assets\Textures\Characters\Player (I included the folder structure), but the generic textures still show up in game.

The same .pak was working before the patch, and many other people are also reporting texture override mods no longer work for them either.

Can you send me that .pak?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Which ones don't work for you? I've created a .pak to replace icons.dds and its working.

I've created a .pak containing several .dds files from Public\Main\Assets\Textures\Characters\Player (I included the folder structure), but the generic textures still show up in game.

The same .pak was working before the patch, and many other people are also reporting texture override mods no longer work for them either.

Can you send me that .pak?

Here you go:
http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityor...2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D11&pUp=1

It's a tiny file.

Thanks for your help ! smile

journeyman
journeyman
It seems many mods overriding textures are no longer working since the patch.

The file "Textures.pak" was indeed updated and the way it has been compressed is now no longer compatible with the latest version of Norbyte's LS Tools. Because of that, I couldn't check what had changed in the structure of the .pak file.

Well this is annoying, I sent a report to Larian about this issue and got this response:

Hi,

Packed files that alter the main files are not supported, you need to create a new mod in order to change/mod the main story

Kind regards,

octaaf

larian studios

*facepalm*.......

I have kindly responded we've only resorted to making such mods due to their "officially supported" mod format not working in regards to trying to edit about 90% of the original content... sigh...

Combine that with the issue that you can only boot one officially made mod at a time and yeah.... I'd love to not have to use a bunch of annoying workarounds to make mods for this game. But currently that's the only way to get them to actually work.

Last edited by MrEsturk; 16/07/14 07:50 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by MrEsturk
It seems many mods overriding textures are no longer working since the patch.

The file "Textures.pak" was indeed updated and the way it has been compressed is now no longer compatible with the latest version of Norbyte's LS Tools. Because of that, I couldn't check what had changed in the structure of the .pak file.

Well this is annoying, I sent a report to Larian about this issue and got this response:

Hi,

Packed files that alter the main files are not supported, you need to create a new mod in order to change/mod the main story

Kind regards,

octaaf

larian studios

*facepalm*.......

I have kindly responded we've only resorted to making such mods due to their "officially supported" mod format not working in regards to trying to edit about 90% of the original content... sigh...

Norbyte is looking into the issue, so hopefully we might learn more soon. smile

N
addict
addict
N

*facepalm*.......

Combine that with the issue that you can only boot one officially made mod at a time and yeah.... I'd love to not have to use a bunch of annoying workarounds to make mods for this game. But currently that's the only way to get them to actually work.

Yeah, mods created with the editor cannot do this because
1) the Public/Main, Mods/Main and Mods/Game folders are protected and the editor will refuse to do anything with them
2) the mod .pak will only contain the Mods/%modName/ and Public/%modName% folders even after bypassing said protection

Close, but no cigar.

Anyway, .paks that contain stuff from Public/Main __DO__ work, as my portrait and icon replacement tests worked everytime I launched the game, although it seems other mods aren't quite ok ...

A
stranger
stranger
A

*facepalm*.......

1) the Public/Main, Mods/Main and Mods/Game folders are protected and the editor will refuse to do anything with them
2) the mod .pak will only contain the Mods/%modName/ and Public/%modName% folders even after bypassing said protection

Close, but no cigar.

Anyway, .paks that contain stuff from Public/Main __DO__ work, as my portrait and icon replacement tests worked everytime I launched the game, although it seems other mods aren't quite ok ...

So my mod looked technically OK to you but didn't work for you either?

N
addict
addict
N
No, it actually works for me!
Restarted the game 3 times just to be sure, removed the pak, re-added the pak, it works fine every time.

Where are you placing the .pak file?
D:OS\Data\ or My Docs\Larian Studios\D:OS\Mods\ ?

A
stranger
stranger
A
No, it actually works for me!
Restarted the game 3 times just to be sure, removed the pak, re-added the pak, it works fine every time.

Where are you placing the .pak file?
D:OS\Data\ or My Docs\Larian Studios\D:OS\Mods\ ?

Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data

frown

Is there some cache I should delete for it to work, or something?

Last edited by Alyoshenka; 16/07/14 08:09 PM.
journeyman
journeyman

*facepalm*.......

Close, but no cigar.

I have a similar personal mod that alters portraits. It works about 90% of the time, but still doesn't work for some bootups. My invisible sarong mod similarly works most of the time but not always. My other mods are far more random.

And seriously, what is it with professional game devs and responding to players making a completely harmless workaround to a broken feature by disabling the workaround yet leaving the broken feature still broken? What could that possibly accomplish except generating angry costumers?

N
addict
addict
N
Hmm ... I may have an idea about why mods stopped working ... will report back after testing

L
stranger
stranger
L
It seems many mods overriding textures...

Hi,...

*facepalm*.......

It does work but most people are not using it correctly and are trying to alter the main files instead of 'modding' it. I will make a tutorial/guide tomorrow on how to mod different things of the main campaign.

A
stranger
stranger
A
It seems today's update fixed the issue! All I needed to do is recreate my packages to update the timestamps!

I'll let you know if I find other issues.

Also I hope we won't have to do that everytime there is a new update!

journeyman
journeyman
It seems today's update fixed the issue! All I needed to do is recreate my packages to update the timestamps!

I'll let you know if I find other issues.

Also I hope we won't have to do that everytime there is a new update!

Updating the timestamps seems to make it work better as of 1.0.81, but the armor mods still don't work 100%, especially if you have many installed at once.

For now I've rereleased my mod on the Nexus with the timestamp updates since it at least works better. Just to give the public something work with while I run some other tests over the weekend.

apprentice
apprentice
It's still working very randomly on my part. I only got your(Esturk) Female Sexy Robes and Platemail files inside the Data folder, and yet they only work sometimes: 1 out of 5 times.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Axell
It's still working very randomly on my part. I only got your(Esturk) Female Sexy Robes and Platemail files inside the Data folder, and yet they only work sometimes: 1 out of 5 times.

Can you try moving them to the My Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods\ and checking if it still works sporadically, or if that fixes the mods?

apprentice
apprentice
Inside the Mods(Documents) folder, they worked 2 out of 5 times. Just tested.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I got all the texture edited mods I use to work 100% on every game restart by following these instructions:

Mod files that modify in-game textures now have to be unpacked with LS Tools and the unpacked files need to be put in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ Divinity - Original Sin\ Data\Public\Main\Assets maintaining folder structure. If you don't do this the mods will only work randomly. Don't put the modded .pak files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ Divinity - Original Sin\ Data folder anymore.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Zeddy1234
I got all the texture edited mods I use to work 100% on every game restart by following these instructions:

Mod files that modify in-game textures now have to be unpacked with LS Tools and the unpacked files need to be put in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ Divinity - Original Sin\ Data\Public\Main\Assets maintaining folder structure. If you don't do this the mods will only work randomly. Don't put the modded .pak files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ Divinity - Original Sin\ Data folder anymore.

......wow ouch

This seems to work completely. I feel silly for not trying it myself. Before 1.0.72 this method didn't work at all so I guess my mind must have blocked it out silly

I guess I've got some serious repackaging of my mods and some new instructions to type out. As for you Zeddy1234, you are going on my credits list smile

EDIT: All the updates are done and posted on the Nexus. Crossing my fingers that this new method works on all, if not at least 90%+, of people's PCs.

Last edited by MrEsturk; 19/07/14 05:35 AM.
stranger
stranger
As long as it works now, let's just hope Larian doesn't change it again! Looking forward to seeing more mods get pushed out now, let's see what kind of wicked things the community can come up with laugh

Loot? Did anyone say loot? I'm sure someone mentioned loot! Loot yes, precious loot... nice loot! No no, I'm not in it for the loot, it's just nice to get loot after looting! Did I mention I like loot?
old hand
old hand
LS Tools was updated to support v9 packages and the new compressed savegame format, just redownload from the usual URL:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/lstools.zip

I'm unable to unpack Main.pak with the latest versions of LStools and D:OS. Assertion error, is this the new normal? I'll look at LAr's video they mentioned in this thread.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard