Page 1 of 2 1 2
#520473 16/07/14 02:51 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Hi Larian Studio's

You've picked up on some bugs I've reported already so I figured I would start my own thread and list all the bugs that I come across through-out my play through.

JpBruiser
JpBruiser #520481 16/07/14 02:56 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Bug #1

Description: Hero II is considered Hero I (Driving me mad)

Summary: Hero I (Valeera) whom I intended to be the "leader" is being overthrown by Hero II (Jaina) whenever I quick load my game.
Essentially I am always controlling Valeera, but when I make a mistake and reload my game, I am now controlling Jaina.... I then have to switch back to Valeera and perform last action again.

This is really frustrating as I just re-started my game from a 30 hour play through, and I just started noticing this 5 hours into this new one... I am honestly considering restarting the game and making my Primary hero the secondary hero.

The game should remember your selection, what is causing this?! It's aggravating me really badly frown

JpBruiser
JpBruiser #520484 16/07/14 03:02 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Bug #2

Description: Combat zoom causing me to make mistakes

Summary: Every time I make an action in combat the camera zooms out to the max distance.

Sometimes I have my mouse in position for my next move and make a mistake, then have to reload -> looping into bug 1 ><... See my frustrating?

Also, I like to be zoomed in cause certain characters are obscured or hard to get that "hot spot" to allow me to click them or perform and action to them. I also like to see what is happening up close, the zoomed out camera ruins the suspense for me...

Can you please disable this auto zoom "Feature"

Last edited by JpBruiser; 16/07/14 03:25 AM.

JpBruiser
JpBruiser #520488 16/07/14 03:10 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Bug #3

Description: Highlight characters (tilde key) is being locked as displayed in character creation

Reproduction steps: load any game save > Press Tilde key ( ` ) > quick save > return to main menu > enter character creation > Results: Characters are glowing blue and are harder to customize.

Last edited by JpBruiser; 16/07/14 03:25 AM.

JpBruiser
JpBruiser #520501 16/07/14 03:24 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Bug #1

Confirmed results:
1) Loaded my previous profile / game where Hero I (Arthas) was the intedned "leader", and Hero II (Valeera) was the 2nd hero. Valeera is always being controlled whenever I load the game no matter what selection I have.

2) created 2 new character to test this again, and found that this is the case again.

Resolve: Most players will intend to have a "leader" (regardless of equality) and would most likely assign that lead position to Hero I, which only makes sense.

The game favors Hero II, which is not equality after all wink. I think the immediate fix should favor player 1, and a long term fix to remember the selection of whichever character you had selected on a save.

I wish I new that creating my new game, as clicking that portrait every time I load is fairly annoying. I suppose I will set some mouse hotkeys until you implement a fix.

Last edited by JpBruiser; 16/07/14 03:24 AM.

JpBruiser
JpBruiser #520521 16/07/14 03:50 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Suggestion #1

Would be nice if Spacebar exited conversations laugh

JpBruiser
JpBruiser #520543 16/07/14 04:29 AM
Support
Support
Originally Posted by JpBruiser

The only place I and II should matter is character creation.

Does it matter what order the portraits are in, or where in the lineup the leader is? There was a problem with the leader not being restored after loading, but I believe that should be fixed in the current Steam and GOG versions.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, any crash dumps, and your saved games (since this is consistent, you can delete all but one from the zip to reduce file size).

Raze #520566 16/07/14 05:14 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Are you suggesting that this isn't a reproducible issue for anyone in the studio?

To answer you question:
- I have tested re-arranging the portrait orders, on various profiles and save files.

I just realized that it's happening for dialog as well..When i'm controlling Hero I, Hero II starts the conversation.

I am also running the latest steam version.

I will proceed with your instructions, I think that's a better solution than considering restarting with my "main" hero as Hero II.

Last edited by JpBruiser; 16/07/14 05:18 AM.

JpBruiser
Raze #520597 16/07/14 06:03 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by Raze

The only place I and II should matter is character creation.

Does it matter what order the portraits are in, or where in the lineup the leader is? There was a problem with the leader not being restored after loading, but I believe that should be fixed in the current Steam and GOG versions.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, any crash dumps, and your saved games (since this is consistent, you can delete all but one from the zip to reduce file size).

ok I filed a Report, would you recommend restarting the game with my Main hero as hero II? would hate to keep toggling to Hero I every 5 minutes for the next 100 hours of gameplay.

JpBruiser
JpBruiser #520605 16/07/14 06:12 AM
Support
Support

I don't know if it isn't reproducible at all, but I could not reproduce it on my system (Windows) and have not seen this mentioned recently.

So does Hero II always start conversations, or is opposite of who you have selected? Have you tried a few different NPCs?

As for re-starting... I guess 5 hours in isn't too bad to redo, especially if you wanted to change your builds a little, or something. I'm not sure if support will have any suggestions or if it might get fixed quickly once they take a look at your save (assuming it is reproducible).

Raze #520607 16/07/14 06:17 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
I sent the report I will past it here:

HI Larion Studio,

Raze a community manager from the Dev team told me to provide detailed instructions and a report zip based off this thread: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=520566#Post520566

Issue description:
Hero II is taking full priority in every circumstance

Test Case 1: Whenever I load my game it auto selects me as Hero II, even if I saved while having Hero I active. Re-arranging my hero portrait display order has no effect on fixing this. This occurs on both my profiles and any new ones as well.

Test Case 2: If I am controlling hero I and talk to an NPC with dialog / event situations, Hero II is automatically selected and has first say in the scenario.
Bartering and small chat is not effected, Hero I is able to do the small stuff.

Additional information:
1) Unfortunately I am not able to say if this was a problem on my last profile, it just so happens that Hero II on my last profile was the one that I controlled, so you can see that if this was occurring, it would have been working in my favor, as on that profile I wanted hero II to be the "star".
2) I restarted my game yesterday (before today's big patch), and was not noticing this as an issue. This time Hero I was my intended "star", I'm sure I would have noticed it right away as I was saving, loading, zoning, and doing story. As I did notice this right away after updating the patch today.
3) I was playing in offline mode for a few days prior patch, I launched steam this evening and saw the update, then starting noticing this issue.

You can see how this is rather frustrating, as I like to always use Hero I in control on loading saves, changing zones, and dialog options. My Hero I is not treated with equality and essentially feels like a side kick that I have to constantly switch too.

The only manual fix as far as I can tell is restarting the game with my Rogue (star) as Hero II, as she does all the bartering, and looting, it's essentially that I keep her active. I finally planned out what i'm going to do and don't feel like another restart. frown

Appreciate the investigation around this, keep up the great work, I love this game!

JpBruiser
JpBruiser #520608 16/07/14 06:17 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Hi again just wanted to add some more info:

I created a new game on the same current profile, and the issue doesn't seem to be occurring at all. Whichever hero I saved the game on, will select that Hero on load game. Seems like the new patch broke all of my current saves to have this issue.

I guess I am restarting again frown

JpBruiser
JpBruiser #520612 16/07/14 06:22 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
So it seems the patch caused this to corrupt any and all of my current saved games. Creating a new game on the new patch, seems to give me that "Equality" between heroes. I can save on hero 1 and load on hero 1, I can save on hero 2 and load into hero 2.

So i'm going to assume the conversation won't default to hero 2 anymore, but should be prioritized to the person who started it.

I will go try doing the first interaction on the beach, 1 second:

Confirmed, everything seems fine on this new save.
I can really only narrow it down to the patch disrupting my current saves.

Might mess with a few more things, but I may as well try to get caught up on this new profile before I waste any more time.

JpBruiser
JpBruiser #520615 16/07/14 06:26 AM
Support
Support

I tried saves from earlier versions, and didn't have a problem, so it wasn't just the update that was the problem (unless maybe a specific combination of updates, or something).

JpBruiser #520618 16/07/14 06:31 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Well I'll be damned, I may have fixed it?!

That new game I just made was on my OLD profile, I went back to my current profile, loaded my latest game and loaded in as Valeera / Hero 1.....

What fixed this issue? What caused this issue? Both good questions, but all I can say are the things i did between it being completely buggy and now working.

-I Deleted a good 20+ saves on both profiles, leaving only 3 saves each.
-Ran that diagnostics tool you gave me and made my report
-Created a new game on profile 1 and played for a bit and tested the issue
-returned to profile 2 and the issue SEEMS to have disappeared

So this could possibly be related to data size / to many saved games? Dirty edits? did that tool clean up my saves?

but maybe I should investigate further before getting my hopes up, lol. It loaded in as Valeera and that's enough to make me happy again.

JpBruiser
JpBruiser #520623 16/07/14 06:37 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Ok, I think I figured it out!~

I was able to reproduce it and now I got it stuck on Hero 1, and can't get Hero 2 to load in any quick loads, havn't tried dialog situations yet though.

So this is what's happening:
-SAVE GAME, like actually name the save with Hero 1
-From now on the game wants to default to hero 1
-quick save on hero 2
-quick load on hero 2 and you are back to hero 1, as the last "real save" did something to the system files to register her?

See if you can reproduce that?

JpBruiser
JpBruiser #520637 16/07/14 06:52 AM
Support
Support

Do you mean literally "Hero 1", or the character's name? I tried both, but could not reproduce this.

JpBruiser #520639 16/07/14 06:55 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Ya so, that must be it. I was looking at my LAST "real named manual save" before this issue started occurring, and I had Jaina (hero2) selected as I was about to spend her skill points.

From there I started using quick save / quick load feature only, and it kept loading me in as JAina, when I wanted to play as Valeera by default, or even when quick saving on Valeera and loading.

So to sum it up; I think the quick save isn't registering certain features like the manual save does. So when you quick load, it's actually recalling certain saved settings from the last manual save rather than quick save.

Hope that makes sense.

JpBruiser
Raze #520644 16/07/14 06:57 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J

Do you mean literally "Hero 1", or the character's name? I tried both, but could not reproduce this.

Sorry, I mean't manually save the game with Hero 1 selected. Then do a quick save with hero 2 selected, and when you quick load it should load with hero 1 selected not hero 2.

My game seems to reproduce it perfectly.

JpBruiser
JpBruiser #520649 16/07/14 07:01 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J

Sorry, I mean't manually save the game with Hero 1 selected. Then do a quick save with hero 2 selected, and when you quick load it should load with hero 1 selected not hero 2.

My game seems to reproduce it perfectly.

Least I found a work around for my profile, and can get back to playing with Valeera as my main. But the issue seems like a really low repro rate and such a rare scenario.

The fact that I wasn't able to really have anything default to a certain hero, should raise some concern. As it was ruining my play experience. Might be worth further investigation, I will keep you posted if I figure out anything else.

For now I want to actually play, was looking forward to feinding it up after work for 6 hours, but fell into this trap of a bug frown

JpBruiser
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard