Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#520684 16/07/14 07:58 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I haven't played yet as I've waited fo the AI personalities. So I could play now.

But I've heard that of the 4 (?) planned companions only 2 made it to the final release. Is there any information about if and when the missing 2 companions will be patched in?

Last edited by Morrandir; 16/07/14 07:58 AM.
Never.

Obviously it's not true, but if you work on the premise of never, when it does happen you'll be pleased about it, because Larian wanted to put so much in but ran out of time, so we've no clue when/if certain things will get in.

So again, work on the principle of never.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Well, I usually don'r replay games, so I'd like to have the best experience in my 1st playthrough.
So if there was an announcement that the companions will be added in some months, I'd perhaps wait. If it was indeed "never", I'd start playing as soon as the patch is on GOG.

Last edited by Morrandir; 16/07/14 08:09 AM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thanks! smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
cant wait smile

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I don't know yet if I can wait or not. laugh

I wouldn't recommend trusting Larian on this information.

It's not that the company lies or misleads, it's that they WANT it to be true then things happen and unfortunately it decimates a small companies ability to deliver (look at the music, their composer was taken ill and wham! they couldn't compose new songs for the game).

If they come in August, great, but if you really don't replay computer games you should wait 5-10 years for the finished version.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Well, they have been perfectly accurate with their annoncement of releasing AI personalities this week.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dmnqwk
Never.

Obviously it's not true, but if you work on the premise of never, when it does happen you'll be pleased about it, because Larian wanted to put so much in but ran out of time, so we've no clue when/if certain things will get in.

So again, work on the principle of never.

Are you the new forum troll???

Maybe you should just inform yourself a bit better before making pointless statements. Swen already announced additional companions for August 2014 in a PC Gamer interview.

Last edited by LordCrash; 16/07/14 05:39 PM.

WOOS
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
He stated himself that "never" is not true. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard