Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 33 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 32 33
G
stranger
stranger
G
i kinda figured out how to do this with weapons, but now I need to make a shield invisible so it looks like I'm blocking swords n shit with my bare hands. my method did not work with any shields. can some1 help me out?

stranger
stranger
Thank a lot for answers, now the tool works perfectly.

In fact, I had to Uninstal and reinstall the game to make it works.

See you ^^

T
stranger
stranger
T
try to load save game and I get "unable to locate Main.pak: check game Data path" then crashes and closes

N
stranger
stranger
N
Pretty well done. Keep up the good work.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Ginsu23
i kinda figured out how to do this with weapons, but now I need to make a shield invisible so it looks like I'm blocking swords n shit with my bare hands. my method did not work with any shields. can some1 help me out?

I am assuming the way you did that for weapons is to select an item template that didn't have any visuals (like "_DFD_Zombie_A" for example). You can do the same thing for shields. There's no templates that exist for shields that already have this, but you can make the shield use a template for a base item it doesn't belong to: for example, you can give it the item template for a weapon that has no icon, like the "_DFD_Zombie_A" that I mentioned earlier.
_DFD_Zombie_A:
28e00823-2ba4-43bb-be10-e4d6d89e179f

Modify your existing shield and give it this item template (paste this text directly into the item template text field), and it should become invisible in-game but still act like a shield. Be warned that these items are not meant to be used by players and they seem to disappear when being un-equipped for some reason.

Edit: It appears that the item will stay if you choose an appropriate base item. Therefore it would be best to choose a valid base item (e.g., "Handcrafted Sword") and give it the above item template. Do this for the shield as well. Then you will be able to wield the sword/shield and have no model for them. Also, since you will not be finding any new weapons/shields of this type, I would suggest adding many of them to your inventory at the start of the game with various different item levels (so that they can be swapped in after reaching the appropriate level). Otherwise you will never have any item upgrades. Make it every other level (or every 3rd level, etc) for a greater challenge.

Last edited by Dairymoose; 02/09/14 04:30 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
try to load save game and I get "unable to locate Main.pak: check game Data path" then crashes and closes

any help please

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by tattoo18

any help please

Check the game Data path, it's on the top of the save editor...

T
stranger
stranger
T
when I open the editor the path is right all save games are listed but when I try to open the save game I get the message

G
stranger
stranger
G
@Dairymoose...
thanks a lot, man. that really helped. the way i was doing it before kinda worked, but the game crashed ever time i unequipped the weapon.

i was already planning to make many variations of the weapon for each level, but i'm already level 19 so i don't think i will have to make very many. i need to look and see if this game has a level cap b4 i start making tons if items. thanks again.

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
Thanks for your work guys. Is there a specific thread for the LS Tools? Which is the latest version, where to find it? Which version of D:OS is supported? Thanks and keep on going!

G
stranger
stranger
G
how can i change the item template without changing the base item? do you mean item template ID, cuz that didn't work. When I do it with a sword, I use homemade sword as the base item and paste in the item id you posted into the template id field and it doesn't work. I have no visible weapon, yet I still use the 1-h sword attack animation. the shield has the same problem. i can only get the weapon to work if i make the base item something like _DA_zombie_A, but then i can't unequip the weapon without crashing the game. I have the same problem with the shield, where the item appears to be invisible, but i have the animations as if i had a shield equipped. arhg! if there were only a base item shield that was invisible this would be no problem.

Last edited by Ginsu23; 04/09/14 08:40 PM.
D
OP Offline
D
alpha21:
Character appearance editor.
Equipment is not yet implemented.
Use the left/middle (scroll wheel)/right mouse buttons to manipulate the view.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xggb2364417f4/MooseEdit

Last edited by Dairymoose; 04/09/14 10:46 PM.
D
OP Offline
D

enthusiast
enthusiast
You're a machine.

Awesome.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hello!,

any chance for an OS X version? or share the source? smile

D
OP Offline
D
alpha23:
Equipment is now rendered with the correct dye color
PermBoosts can now be a number or text: previously all PermBoost values were interpreted as a number.
As such, you can now use PermBoosts like "ItemColor"
ItemColor is used for dyes and is reflected by the new equipment rendering.
The following is a list of available ItemColors:

Autunite
Burnished Bronze
Chalcocite
Cobalt
Droxlerite
Gold
Limonite
Malachite
Mercury
Pure Mythril
Red Ore
Tenebrium
Venom Stone

Fixed some resource leaks.
Item tooltips are now constrained to the current monitor rather than the desktop at large.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xggb2364417f4/MooseEdit

Originally Posted by Antmangaka
Hello!,

any chance for an OS X version? or share the source? smile

I'm not sure what is required to make it work on OSX since I don't own an OSX computer. I would advise trying to use Wine and see if that works for you.

Last edited by Dairymoose; 07/09/14 05:07 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Awesome. Thanks

stranger
stranger
Oooh, I'd really like to get that bugged quest out of the way... frown Well, at least your Editor helped me to get dyes! And what's this I see, new colors! Hmmmmmm, that's worth checking out. Do I have to have the latest version of the game?

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by 613 The Evil
Oooh, I'd really like to get that bugged quest out of the way... frown Well, at least your Editor helped me to get dyes! And what's this I see, new colors! Hmmmmmm, that's worth checking out. Do I have to have the latest version of the game?

It is unlikely that quests will be implemented any time soon, if at all. It is not straight-forward and would involve a great deal of effort for what is essentially no gain.
Quests are controlled by the scripting engine and the only way to make this would work be to expose the variables used by the scripting engine, but this would not be user friendly and the typical user would get no use out of it whatsoever. It would be almost impossible to create a GUI that doesn't involve guesswork or pre-requisite knowledge from the end-user. It would also be possible to permanently mess up your save file with such a feature if you didn't know precisely what you were doing.
As such I see this as being very unlikely to be implemented.

Last edited by Dairymoose; 08/09/14 06:00 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Dairymoose
Quests are controlled by the scripting engine and the only way to make this would work be to expose the variables used by the scripting engine, but this would not be user friendly and the typical user would get no use out of it whatsoever.

Seconded. Exposing the raw Rete databases would likely be no gain for the average user as you'd have to know the scripts that work with said database for it to be of any use; additionally most quests track their progress in many separate databases, and most of them are shared by hundreds of other unrelated stuff. Changing them properly in order to progress some quests is almost an attempt in futility.
Not to mention that most scripts do far more than just messing with DBs, they change alignments, teleport NPCs and do other stuff that then you'll have to replicate.

Page 17 of 33 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard