Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 33 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 32 33
F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by kurausu
Yeah, i was thinking about setting it on the editor because i tested it and nobody else gets the Tenebrium skill (I have a separate character for bartering and neither he nor jahan and madora get the skill if i tell them to leave and then get them back) after that quest, which leads me to believe it's a one-time event.

The only other source for the tenebrium skill would be the book, and it doesn't solve things for the 4th character.

Is it possible to add this to the editor.
Or would be creating the book multiple times possible ? and if how smile

flake #551356 08/09/14 11:22 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by flake
Yeah, i was thinking about setting it on the editor because i tested it and nobody else gets the Tenebrium skill (I have a separate character for bartering and neither he nor jahan and madora get the skill if i tell them to leave and then get them back) after that quest, which leads me to believe it's a one-time event.

The only other source for the tenebrium skill would be the book, and it doesn't solve things for the 4th character.

I'm not actually this far in the game yet so I don't really know anything about this (I'm somewhere near the start of act 2), but there was some post about this where someone said they solved this issue:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=538633

tl;dr they edited the book and increased the Amount to 4

Last edited by Dairymoose; 08/09/14 11:26 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D

I've tried remake the exact same book, the stats are same as ingame obtained "How to handle Tenebrium" from Sacred Stone.

The base item:
[Linked Image]

The item template: 37e74252-8dec-4a01-80b2-183ddc54398b
[Linked Image]

These editor-made books won't grant skill on use.
Only the original copy gives tenebrium skill once for one character.
Perhaps there's other global event attached.

Originally Posted by Dairymoose

I'm not actually this far in the game yet so I don't really know anything about this (I'm somewhere near the start of act 2), but there was some post about this where someone said they solved this issue:

If simply tweaking the amount, after separate the stack, still only the original copy gives the skill...

Perhaps Larian just enjoys punishing those people say "talk later" to Brandon, they just don't want to make it a non-consuming book as death knight bane.

Edit: Another easy way, simply increase the tenebrium ability, though not shown for those characters who didn't use the book, but they can use tenebrium weapons and prevents rot after tenebrium ability tweak in editor.

Last edited by Dollvahkiin; 09/09/14 08:45 AM.
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Dollvahkiin

I've tried remake the exact same book, the stats are same as ingame obtained "How to handle Tenebrium" from Sacred Stone.

The base item:
[Linked Image]

The item template: 37e74252-8dec-4a01-80b2-183ddc54398b
[Linked Image]

These editor-made books won't grant skill on use.
Only the original copy gives tenebrium skill once for one character.
Perhaps there's other global event attached.

Originally Posted by Dairymoose

If simply tweaking the amount, after separate the stack, still only the original copy gives the skill...

Perhaps Larian just enjoys punishing those people say "talk later" to Brandon, they just don't want to make it a non-consuming book as death knight bane.

Edit: Another easy way, simply increase the tenebrium ability, though not shown for those characters who didn't use the book, but they can use tenebrium weapons and prevents rot after tenebrium ability tweak in editor.

This is just a guess but I'm wondering if the poster from the other thread just used the item without splitting the stack in order to get it to work. When you split a stack you are technically creating a brand new item each time. So if you have 4 apples in a stack and split them into 4 separate apples, you've created 3 new items in the process.
I didn't look into the script governing this book but it is probably tied to the original item. I would imagine you would need to use it without splitting the stack so that it doesn't create new items (that are not scripted).

D
OP Offline
D
alpha24:
Added experience editor
Item affixes in the item tooltip will now match the in-game item affixes

I
stranger
stranger
I
I got prob bros. I really need your help with this problem. I have been trying to load save file for a while but i alway receive this message :

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If it is possible, please guide me on how to solve this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Tested By : Game Version 1.0.132, Win7x64

J
stranger
stranger
J
You didn't set the Game Data Path...

Joel #554118 13/09/14 10:16 AM
I
stranger
stranger
I
-Solved-

Sry, its my bad bro.

Thank you anyway for your kindness. thankyou

A
stranger
stranger
A
I am trying to revive NPC. His name is Frederick and he is in Lucilla Forest. He was killed by a Spider Queen and now I cannot complete two quests. I am already far in the game. I have found in MooseEdit all characters, but there are no names on them, I cannot find Frederick.
Is there any chance you might add character names as one of the properties?
I used Larian Editor to find the code name of the Frederic and it is: LUC_ImpMaster <86b4da9a-bec4-43a8-80f3-86705d235b31>, is there any way I can search characters in MooseEditor by this code name?
Or if not, can I use location search, so mooseedtor only shows me characters on(around) my Player location?

Last edited by amonra; 14/09/14 09:57 AM.
D
OP Offline
D
alpha25:
Fixed bug where importing items directly into an equipment slot would sometimes fail
Added additional parsing for some fields in the "Dev" tab.

@amonra:
There is no concept of "adding character names as one of the properties" as what you see in the Dev tab is what comes from the file itself. I don't generate any data here. What you see there is what exists in the save file. If you want to identify an NPC you will need to do so using their template ID. I would try searching for the template ID that you listed in your post: "86b4da9a-bec4-43a8-80f3-86705d235b31".

S
stranger
stranger
S
Is anyone else having a problem with the editor after the newest patch? : -(

I started a new game and I did not try it against an old save.

Great tool and thank you for creating it! :)

B
stranger
stranger
B
[quote=Sarceyes]Is anyone else having a problem with the editor after the newest patch? : -(

I started a new game and I did not try it against an old save.

Great tool and thank you for creating it! :) [/quote]

Yes, every time I try and load a save in the editor the editor crashes. I assume because Larian changed some game data files. I imagine the creator will update as soon as he can because we all enjoy his editor soo much!

P.S. The editor loads up, sees all the game saves, I choose one and then it gets past the loading game modules screen and then suddenly stops working and windows shows the error that the program stopped working.

D
OP Offline
D
I am unable to reproduce this supposed issue with patch 1.0.169.0
Using the latest version of the editor I am able to both load/edit/save existing save games, as well as load/edit/save newly created games.
Please upload a copy of the save game that is breaking pre-edit and post-edit. In addition, please post the version of the editor you were using at the time of editing.

Last edited by Dairymoose; 15/09/14 11:03 PM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
I have the current patch of divinity at 1.0.169.0
I tried using moose edit 20, 24, and 25

Here is the newest game save I have, the game loads and saves fine.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/hzg1md

Here is a game save that is quite a while ago.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/cat3z1

Neither version of moose edit I use can load either of these, along with any other game save I have.

I did notice that when I tried to change the name of Jahan and Madora that the game reverted them back to default. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it or not, however the old game saves should be fine.

Thanks for your help solvin this Dairymoose!

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by bbailey1808
I tried using moose edit 20, 24, and 25

Here is the newest game save I have, the game loads and saves fine.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/hzg1md

Here is a game save that is quite a while ago.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/cat3z1

Neither version of moose edit I use can load either of these, along with any other game save I have.

I did notice that when I tried to change the name of Jahan and Madora that the game reverted them back to default. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it or not, however the old game saves should be fine.

Thanks for your help solvin this Dairymoose!

I don't have any issues opening either file. I would suggest trying,
1. The Dev and PAK tabs to try opening Globals.lsb and any PAK file that doesn't end in _1 or _2, to see if you get any issues.
and,
2. Trying the editor on a different computer (e.g., a laptop) and see if the problem persists.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Also having problems using moose edit after latest patch
I amusing moose edit 25

1. Saves are working in game
2. moose edit 25 crashes after load is complete, looks like it is going to work, it loads the tabs for my characters etc. then crashes, with "application has stopped working"

3. Tried using dev tab within moose edit to load Globals.lsb. this loads fine.
4. Tried using pak tab within moose edit to load pak file not ending in 1 or 2, this also works fine.

Other save games also crash after seeming to load 100%.

Any suggestions or others having trouble using moose edit in latest patched version of Divinity OS 1.0.169.0 ??

sutek #554697 16/09/14 07:57 AM
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by sutek
Also having problems using moose edit after latest patch
I amusing moose edit 25

1. Saves are working in game
2. moose edit 25 crashes after load is complete, looks like it is going to work, it loads the tabs for my characters etc. then crashes, with "application has stopped working"

3. Tried using dev tab within moose edit to load Globals.lsb. this loads fine.
4. Tried using pak tab within moose edit to load pak file not ending in 1 or 2, this also works fine.

Other save games also crash after seeming to load 100%.

Any suggestions or others having trouble using moose edit in latest patched version of Divinity OS 1.0.169.0 ??

Yeah, it just doesn't work with the latest patch.

I installed an older version of the game and it works, but, yeah, latest update breaks the editor completely.

sutek #554698 16/09/14 07:58 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K
I just got done with a fresh install of this game, found your save editor, and after starting a new game I can confirm that the alpha 25 version of moose edit does indeed crash after appearing to load the save completely.

As mentioned above, I have tried loading the globals.lsb and I can get it load fine and I can open PAK files not ending in _1 or _2 fine as well. Currently I have no other save games on my machine to test it with, but if necessary I can try to install on my laptop and verify that it's not just my machine.

[url=https://www.mediafire.com/?0xgkbatdc1kdpdm]Here is the save I used to load into moose edit.[/url]

I can try to provide more details, if necessary. I appreciate any input or response on the matter.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I have the exact same issue as the posters above. Mooseedit loads the file completely then it immediately stops responding. Globals.lsb and the files that don't end in _1/_2 all work fine.

I tried to load older saves that worked before but they have the same problem. Looks like the new update broke all versions Mooseedit.

My system is Windows 7 64-bit if that helps.

Thanks for your hard work Dairymoose.

EDIT: Well this is very odd. I used MooseEdit v19 on my old saves that 100% worked before, but now they have the same problem as aforementioned. What's going on?

EDIT2: LSTools still works for the old saves, but doesn't for the 1.0.169 saves.

Last edited by enosu; 16/09/14 11:47 AM.
D
OP Offline
D
Given that it is failing to open older saves (i.e., pre-patch saves) it seems pretty clear that it is an issue with processing the game data. However, this works fine for me. I have the steam version of the game; is it possible that the issue is only affecting (for example) a GOG installation?
Please post your installation platform if you experiencing this issue.

And finally, it would be helpful if the crash details could be posted. Specifically, the details found in the Event Viewer application that include the following information:
Fault module,
Fault offset,
Exception code,

and the version of the program you were using that generated the crash log.
This would be the quickest way of resolving the issue.

Last edited by Dairymoose; 16/09/14 05:27 PM.
Page 18 of 33 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard