Page 1 of 2 1 2
#521920 17/07/14 12:53 PM
R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
So I have begun work on a mod where eventually bosses will drop a Skillbook that teaches a character how to Summon them for battle.

Right now I have just been focusing on getting a skill to summon Braccus Rex into the game. I have been able to add the skill by making a SkillData.txt for my mod and have it added to my character via SkillSet.txt at character creation. I can summon a Braccus Rex into battle.

There are several issues I could use some input on:
1. I'm not sure how to add a custom Skillbook (that teaches the skill) to an NPC's inventory. The plan is to eventually make Braccus Rex drop his own Skillbook, but for testing purposes I am wanting to add it to one of the Cyseal merchants.

2. The skill in the Skill bar has no text. There is no name, no description, no nothing. It's just a nameless spell that just says its Action Point cost and the cooldown. The descriptions in the SkillData.txt don't appear to have worked on their own; what other files do I need to modify for the skill text to show up?

3. The Braccus Rex I summon has no skills that he can use. As it is, he is just a really tanky juggernaut who can swing his axe. I'm wanting him to be able to use his Meteor Rain ability. Any thoughts on how I could add it to a custom summon?

Edit: Mod is well on its way to completion. I just need to make some tweaks to the values and skills of the associated summons. Check out the later posts in this thread for more information on them.

Last edited by Rhidian; 19/07/14 09:38 PM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
This mod sounds very interesting. Can you share the files? I would love to have a look, and possibly even help you in the right direction.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hi, for the second issue.

All data, like names and description are lsb file stock in :

...Divinity-Original Sin\Data\Mods\YOURMODS\Localization\

copy one 1k0 lsb from PakExtractedMain\Data\Mods\Main\Localization\

past in ...Divinity-Original Sin\Data\Mods\YOURMODS\Localization\

change the name file, and you can edit content with lstool.

in content the objectname
in UUID, the reference name of your skill book, same than the one you've created in . divinity..\Data\Public\YOURMOD\Stats\Generated\Data\Object.txt

You can directly add description in the editor, on the skill book > side bar >description field.
in Stats field, you need to have the reference name.

Last edited by TetedeBUG; 17/07/14 01:52 PM.
stranger
stranger
Creating skillset SkillSet.txt
new skillset "Summoned_Braccus"
add skill "Rain_Water"

and then create/attach it to enemies.lsb -> braccus skillset

This follows "henchmen" editing.

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
I have managed to get the Skill Name and Description working. It appears that in the Data/Public/Mod_Name/Localization/ folder, there needs to be an .lsb file that has the following:

Summon_BraccusRex_DisplayName
Summon_BraccusRex_Description
(Summon_BraccusRex is the name in the Skill as defined in the SkillData.txt of the Stats folder)

[Linked Image]

I haven't yet gotten a skillbook to show up at a vendor though. My Work-In-Progress version is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dautg95mnom75mh/Boss_Summons.zip

The in-game name is "Braccus Pet" (placeholder name), and the only way to get the skill right now is with the preset Witch class (replaces Summon Pet).

Last edited by Rhidian; 17/07/14 05:33 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
hi, for the .lsb file in Data/Public/Mod_Name/Localization/

is not a good solution, because if Larian update the game like the previous patch, your object name will doesn't works anymore.

if you create a new .lsb dedicate to your mod, with same parameter in
Divinity-Original Sin\Data\Mods\YOURMODS\Localization\
no more problem with future update.

I say, that because I've this issue with the last patch, with new weapon naming. I was using the same Stats.lsb than you.

Last edited by TetedeBUG; 17/07/14 05:57 PM.
R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
Originally Posted by TetedeBUG
hi, for the .lsb file in Data/Public/Mod_Name/Localization/

is not a good solution, because if Larian update the game like the previous patch, your object name will doesn't works anymore.

if you create a new .lsb dedicate to your mod, with same parameter in
Divinity-Original Sin\Data\Mods\YOURMODS\Localization\
no more problem with future update.

The things modified in my Localization folder are the specific variables referred to in my mod's SkillData.txt file (which doesn't override anything from the Main folder). There shouldn't be any overlap at all, unless Larian decides to implement something that requires "Summon_BraccusRex_DisplayName" etc in the future.

T
stranger
stranger
T
yeah, but your reference object is in the stats.lsb, my previous issue, was with new object add in this file. The update have edit this file(in my mod too) to add new entry, and my previous reference stop working(but still in the file no overlap), this is strange, but you see that, if stats.lsb have update.

Last edited by TetedeBUG; 17/07/14 06:21 PM.
R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
I present to you a montage of awesomeness:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

All that's really left now is to figure out how to add a custom skillbook to an NPC's inventory/droptable.

And then all of the balancing and playtesting.

Edit: Link from the earlier post ( http://www.mediafire.com/download/dautg95mnom75mh/Boss_Summons.zip ) now has the latest version of my WIP build.

Last edited by Rhidian; 17/07/14 07:05 PM.
stranger
stranger
That looks pretty good now that its all cracked open.
Heres my last post about pets
[Linked Image]

you can try nested summoning for lulz..

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
Does know how to add items to the main campaign as treasure/loot? My attempts thus far have been unsuccessful.

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
Further testing points towards the Generated TreasureTable.txt as being the problem. Specifically, it seems as if it's not being loaded into the game at all; RootTemplates that point towards anything in there end up with nothing.

apprentice
apprentice
This is an interesting idea and I think would be a lot of fun for a second play through.

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
Alright, I'm going to put off getting the Summons into droppable Skillbooks until someone figures out how to add custom items into the main campaign (and/or custom TreasureTables, since those don't appear to work).

With that being said, I will focus on getting the actual Summons right for now (which will be available at character start, albeit locked behind a level requirement).

Which bosses would be cool to have as a summon, and what level/skills would they have?

Off the top of my head-

The huge Crab from the Black Cove- Level 6, will have some sort of water attack

Braccus Rex- Level 9, can cast Burning Skies (Meteorshower). I might make it so that he can summon his helpers (Lighthouse Ghoul, Twins-by-Fire, and that one Undead leader)
Braccus Rex will likely be summonable for 10 rounds, with his summons lasting for 3 or 4. His cooldown would be either 20 or 30 rounds

King Boreas- Level 13, can summon all 4 Elementals (and maybe Ice Wall). I might make it so that he can cast all 4 Elemental Shields as well, since that kind of fits what was going on with his boss-fight.

Spider Queen? I haven't fought her, so I don't know what skills she uses. I think she's level 14 or 15

Last edited by Rhidian; 18/07/14 03:57 AM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
I've managed to add skill books to NPCs, by adding mine to the Fire Spell Book's treasure tables.

All you need to do is open up and add some lines to 'Stats\Generated\Links\Object.txt' and 'Stats\Generated\Data\Object.txt'; then modify 'Public\mod_directory_xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx\RootTemplates\Books_Scrolls.lsb' by duplicating a pre-existing summon skill book entry and modifying it to match the data entered into the other .txt files.

1.) 'Stats\Generated\Links\Object.txt':

Here is an example of me adding a custom skill book called "SKILLBOOK_SummonKickstarterPetWhitecat":

object itemstat "SKILLBOOK_SummonKickstarterPetWhitecat","b0d4cfdb-71dc-468c-ace7-a558d00z5121","",0,0,"SkillbookFire",1,1,10,0,1,20

- NOTES:

- "b0d4cfdb-71dc-468c-ace7-a558d00z5121" - should be a unique ID so it doesn't interfere with any existing IDs, otherwise I believe it can be any combination of characters you want(but I'd keep this structure to be safe)

- "SkillbookFire" - Category to add the book to and from which it is spawned. In this case, NPCs which sell fire books or chests/bodies which have a chance to spawn them will have a chance to spawn your spell book(even if it's not a fire skill book it's self).

2.) 'Stats\Generated\Data\Object.txt':

new entry "SKILLBOOK_SummonKickstarterPetWhitecat"
type "Object"
using "_Skillbooks"
data "Act part" "6"
data "Requirements" "Level 4"

- NOTES:
- data "Act part" "6" - Basically, how soon in the story books will be available, I just used the same value as other Level 4 spells; copy from another item in 'Data\Object.txt' if unsure.
- data "Requirements" "Level 4" - Level requirement of the book when spawned.

3.) If you haven't done so already, a spell must be associated with it's skillbook in 'Stats\Generated\Data\SkillData.txt', by adding it below it's 'new entry' line and before the next spell's:

new entry "Summon_KickstarterPetBrowncow"
data "Skillbook" "SKILLBOOK_SummonKickstarterPetBrowncow"

4.) Modify 'Public\Enhanced_Skillbooks_25602373-8487-4951-9b8b-af40d658e15a\RootTemplates\Books_Scrolls.lsb'. You need a duplicated summon skillbook entry(your new entry will be at the bottom of the list, the first time you create it) and modifying all properties to match your skillbook's(there are additional object properties hidden in the '[+] GameObject' tree, if you expand it and navigate).

The mod I've created includes a number of other ones with some of my own tweaks and uses the same id as the 'Enhanced Skillbooks'(which may not be working in mine for some reason), in order to be compatible with any save files which previously used it.

My mod currently includes:
- 4 Player Mod.
- Improved Player Speed Mod(+30%).
- All strength requirements are set to 1, so other classes can utilize plate.
- Kick Starter Pets can be summoned from level 4 Earth skill books which are made available from any source a fire spell book can spawn(eg. fire spell shop or chests/corpses). However, they currently have no descriptive text, so which pet/spell you are getting from these added books is a surprise.
- All summons last until they die or are replaced.

I haven't released my mod, because it's a bit of a mash up catered to my self and currently all enabled summon-able kick-starter pets are considered level 4 earth skills, with no skills or stat adjustments, but I will offer the link for any one who wants to download/share/adjust it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kweJTwMjQyS0ZLc0xMdm9qZFE/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by cisus; 18/07/14 09:13 AM.
R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
Interesting. I considered that it would be possible to do something like that, but when I tried adding it to the Water skillbook (by setting the category to the WaterSkillbook) it didn't show up. My plan was to create a custom Object Category that only contained one item and have the boss drop it, but those Treasure Tables just don't work.

Actually, does "b0d4cfdb-71dc-468c-ace7-a558d00z5121" not refer to the corresponding RootTemplate GUID? That's what I was assuming when I copied my book template GUID over into my object stat.

One thing I found out when trying to make a Skillbook is that the mod does *not* use the definitions provided by the Main mod when defining objects. Like this line-
new entry "SKILLBOOK_SummonKickstarterPetWhitecat"
type "Object"
using "_Skillbooks"
data "Act part" "6"
data "Requirements" "Level 4"

If that is in a mod's Object.txt by itself, then it would fail because "_Skillbooks" isn't defined in that same text file. I don't think Treasuretables get imported either for use (though that appears moot until we can point RootTemplates towards our own TreasureTables).

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
When I tried to add King Boreas as a summon, I ran into a particular issue-

[Linked Image]

Rather than being summoned as something I can control, King Boreas is being summoned in his glorious Level 12 form as a Guest NPC. He follows my characters and attacks enemies, but he apparently doesn't count towards the summon limit.

I've already checked that the RootTemplate is pointing towards the right place, and there's not much difference between him and Braccus, so I'm confused as to what is causing the difference. The version of the mod with Boreas available at start (with Witch preset) is here-
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4d7nij54s8f43su/Boss_Summons_WIP.zip

I have also noticed that the preset characters at Character Creation can only have a total of 4 starting skills. Adding more skills to the Preset via SkillSet.txt doesn't make them show up.

Something I noticed when checking out Boreas and the Source Nightmare (Sea Spider) is that some of their skills were scripted (moreso with the Spider). I think there's potential for scripting the summoned NPCs into doing cool things, but first I need to figure out what's going on with Boreas.

Any thoughts?

T
stranger
stranger
T
Nice job!
I think Boreas have script link with his room in main game.

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
Boreas appears to be the only exception encountered so far. I have managed to make a Skill that summons the Source Nightmare (Black Cove Spider boss). It's controllable and level 1, which points to something being up with Boreas. It probably has something to do with him being one of the few bosses that starts out with Friendly relations to the party.

stranger
stranger
Theres "LevelOverride" which is set to 12 for your version of Boreas. However there is duplicate created for mods
<attribute id="MapKey" value="7caef01e-eb8b-484f-8567-0525e9ed1adc" type="22"/>
<attribute id="Name" value="Trolls_IceKing_A_MagicalDouble" type="23"/>
<attribute id="PhysicsTemplate" value="b4acf6a0-0bf6-47a9-bd61-376b91385aec" type="22"/>
<attribute id="Random" value="4294967295" type="5"/>
<attribute id="RunSpeed" value="2.5" type="6"/>
<attribute id="Scale" value="1" type="6"/>
<attribute id="Stats" value="HIB_IceKingBoreas_MagicalDouble" type="22"/>

Some other IDs extracted from editor with loaded maps
HIB_KingBoreas <52fa7fac-bcfa-4efa-892e-ee4359acb657>
CYS_Braccus <79fe9f68-238a-4531-a5fd-8b61c7834ff4>
CYS_SkeletonKing_Braccus <19835d85-1185-45a3-baf6-9347297a2a96>

it still does not fix pet status and I think error while summoning could be causing it (there is error if you summon him in editor...)

Theres now quite a few example levels in mods I quess Larian wants us to stop messing with original game wink
SCripts triggering after summoning is actually nice that means we can have fully independent pets (and perhaps companions).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard