Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#521930 17/07/14 01:05 PM
meme Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Since stargozzle declare the appropriate palce for these comments are inapporpirate i put them in a new thread:
-
I have three complaints:
1) Loot later in the game is really bad. I can frequenlty buy or make items better than I find; and rather hard fights usually result in pitiful low level loot (i.e, boreas level 5 loot; I find the key to source king chest at level 20 and it has level 8 loot; so on). Personally I think you should be able to find or obtain loot that is better than what you can craft (though enhancing found loot via crafting is a plus) or buy.

2) I cannot get some quest to close and it is not clear at all.

Two examples:

I talked the imp to return to frederick and then the next step of the quest is to make a courage potion but since i already talked him into returning and he left the cave I have no clue where he is to give him the potion.

I managed to get the orc and humans to fight and I think all the orcs are dead but the quest fails to close.
-
I have 3 more open quets like the 3 above
-
3) I have arrived at the temple door and have 12 inert stones (btw only one portal in end of time has opened which seems odd for 12 stones) and the door won't open. THere is no real indication of how many stones I need or where I might find them and the world is fairly big for this sort of sorry you can't finish the game because you might have missed some corner of the map or maybe a secret exit somewhere and there are no clues at all where I should begin searching for this missing stone(s) (no clue how many are missing either).

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
1. That's your personal pref. I think it's nice that you can make better gear, that all your investment into crafting pays off.

2. I can sort of understand that one. If you are OCD about finishing checklists this will drive you crazy. I'd say ignore it, as I have when I realized that I killed/let die the NPC that 'ends' the quest, but i guess that depends on your tolerance.

3. You need to unlock the portals in the homestead, not just obtain the inert stones. Talk to zixzax to get the others open. If that doesn't help, maybe you are missing a quest (hint: the large flaming temple NW on Luculla map)

meme Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Of course it is my personal preference. Isn't that obvious ?
-
I disagree with you strongly abuot quest. If the quest should be a way to complete or fail the quest; it should not linger open forever and if there is no way to close it then it is a bug unless Larian says otherwise.

I believe I have fully solved the flaming temple (that is the one with the hidden altar).

Last edited by meme; 17/07/14 01:57 PM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I'm sorry, I was under the impression that you had issues you needed help with. If you are just stating your preferences I'll leave this thread alone.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by meme
1) Loot later in the game is really bad. I can frequenlty buy or make items better than I find; and rather hard fights usually result in pitiful low level loot (i.e, boreas level 5 loot; I find the key to source king chest at level 20 and it has level 8 loot; so on). Personally I think you should be able to find or obtain loot that is better than what you can craft (though enhancing found loot via crafting is a plus) or buy.
Did you have any difficulty beating enemies with the loot you had?

I definitely agree that the Source King Chest should have loot scaled to your level, though. I opened it at level 8 and appreciated the level 8 loot, but the key for the chest is muuuuch later in the game. Better yet, it would be nice if the Source King Chest had a couple of legendaries instead of the 1 legendary and junk it currently holds.

meme Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
No - the game has not been overly difficult to this point and I suspect that my party is under-powered. The comment on loot is more of a psychological thing; kind of 'exciting' to defeat that really hard critter and then anti-climatic to get really bad loot and find the good loot in the stores. In some sense it is a petty thing but it is prevalent in the last 1/2 of the game which makes me suspect it is a by-product of a not well designed system. I don't mean that to be quite so affront as it could be taken but of all the divinity games I've played this is the first one where it has actually had quite a negative experience.

[correction; the combat has not been overly difficult - there has been quite a few puzzles i've resorted to web searching - though quite a few i got on my own - i figured out cassandra on my own but resorted to the web when I only found 3 buttons and coudln't open the door - i managed to open the altar on my own but resorted to the web when I coudln't handle the trol statue - i did the four weights on my own but used the web for the mirror (totally missed the hidden one).

Last edited by meme; 17/07/14 03:27 PM.
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by meme
No - the game has not been overly difficult to this point and I suspect that my party is under-powered. The comment on loot is more of a psychological thing; kind of 'exciting' to defeat that really hard critter and then anti-climatic to get really bad loot and find the good loot in the stores. In some sense it is a petty thing but it is prevalent in the last 1/2 of the game which makes me suspect it is a by-product of a not well designed system. I don't mean that to be quite so affront as it could be taken but of all the divinity games I've played this is the first one where it has actually had quite a negative experience.
What changes would you propose that keeps crafting competitive?

meme Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Well I would recommend two changes:

Fix the level 5 stuff tht is frequently spawning from late chests to be releated tot he difficulty of the guad (whether that guard be mobs or puzzle). I think there is some bug where the level is lost so it falls to level 5 (which is why early loot is good).
-
Crafting can improve items but it should only be really helpful on very good original items. I.e, crafting to common items shouldn't make them >>> then found really good item that has crafting enhancements.
-
I was also going to suggest tht crafting could sometime fail (make item worse or break item) but people would just save/reload. This comment would be in conjunction with using it on good items to make them better (so you have to consider if you want to try to make that good item a little better or break it).

Last edited by meme; 19/07/14 12:26 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard