Next Thread
Print Thread
#522028 17/07/14 02:54 PM
Luca78 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey folks,

Can we currently modify the main campaign texts/subtitles/dialogues from the toolkit? That would greatly help amateur translation projects in languages that Larian won't be able to cover.

Thanks smile

Originally Posted by Luca78
Hey folks,

Can we currently modify the main campaign texts/subtitles/dialogues from the toolkit? That would greatly help amateur translation projects in languages that Larian won't be able to cover.

Thanks smile

Yes, this is entirely possible!

Luca78 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Great...But how? For example, let's say I want to change the Character Creation "level" to italian; maybe, I'm looking at this from the wrong angle.

I don't need to change or access the actual "level" (Character creation), but the resources that get applied to it (in this case, all the text/skill descriptions and everything else)...

Well, GUI changing aside (which is a limit), there are two ways to go about this for the ingame/level stuff.

One is by using the Divinity Toolkit. Create a new mod, make it dependency on main and use main data pack. You would load up the dialogue menu, copy to 'your mod' then alter the text. I have seen a video stream where this is shown, and I believe this is covered in the new youtube videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc2Mzk5Z6LY

Another way would be using lstools. Using the module made via Divinity Engine, you would unpak the main folder, and copy over the localisation files into your mod area. Then using that program, you edit the .lsb files directly. You would also need the Subtitles, which can be edited by notepad++ easy enough, same with the raw files for the Story Editing. You would need to need to 'build story' (under Story Editor) using Divinity toolkit once you made those changes.

Method 1 I believe is the Larian approved method which should be more reliable, but method 2 would be brute-force method which should work as well.

Edit: By the looks of it, you would need to do the second method for a lot of it, such as the subtitles. Anyway, best of luck!

Last edited by Tiaexz; 17/07/14 03:57 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard