Print Thread
#522159 17/07/14 05:14 PM
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Hello all!

Just wondering if anyone knows how the cloud saving works? Do I have to do something special to get it to work properly? I started a game at my work during break and I want to be able to continue it at home!

Thanks!

addict
addict
They were turned off shortly after launch, due to the size of the saves being too large. They've since compressed the saves down, but I'm not sure if it's enough to justify re-enabling it. Until then, you'll either need to use an alternate method (such as DropBox) or just copy them manually back and forth with a flash drive.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Steam Cloud still seem to be disabled for D:OS it was disabled in one of the early patches and has not yet be enabled again. Sorry.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Yes Steam cloud saves are disabled. I built my own cloud saves solution. I simply moved my saves dir to a dropbox folder and symlinked it on both mac and windows into its original location. Voila working cloudsaves and cross platform.

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
This is rather unfortunate. Where are the save files located?

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Thats an awesome idea! where are save files located by chance?

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Disregard, I found it!

W
stranger
stranger
W
On the mac in the users documents folder ~/Documents/Larian Studios/ I put the entire folder into dropbox, which means the saves the player cache and other stuff is shared.
I cannot remember the Windows save file locations, but I remember vaguely that they also must be somewhere in the users documents folder.

journeyman
journeyman
Thanks a lot for this solution, haven't thought of that. Works like a charm laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard