Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#522670 18/07/14 07:54 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Recently I have been trying to generate an AI grid for a terrain I have in the editor. After placing a AI seeder and clicking full generate, the engine goes to work generating.

I've tried a couple times now but after waiting for 15 min or so, the program always crashes when it nears completion of the grid.

I have successfully generated an AI grid for small maps (~500x500) but the terrain I am attempting to generate on is 2000x2700.

Does anyone know if there is a terrain size limit for the generation of an AI grid?

old hand
old hand
Yeah, I had the same issue with a 1024x1024 map. I don't know what the limitations are at this point.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
apprentice
apprentice
Have you tried doing a seed fill instead of a full generate?

old hand
old hand
A seed fill works but I'm not sure how that helps. Don't you need to do a full generate at least once anyway?

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I haven't tried doing just a seed fill. I, like Windemere, was under the impression that you needed to full generate once first. If the engine will let you create a level without doing a full generate that would be great.

When I get back from work I will try to get it working with just a seed fill.

old hand
old hand
I actually tried this again today. I got interrupted and when I came back, lo and behold, it had finished, it just happened to take 18 minutes+. Unfortunately, because of the newly introduced crash from generating AI, I can't use it now. ouch

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Windemere
I actually tried this again today. I got interrupted and when I came back, lo and behold, it had finished, it just happened to take 18 minutes+. Unfortunately, because of the newly introduced crash from generating AI, I can't use it now. ouch

Wait you got it to work with full generate - or just seed fill?

But then it still didn't work?

I am confused.

Ah I found the thread talking about this crash.

Last edited by ITheWestSideI; 18/07/14 08:05 PM.
old hand
old hand
Full generate. It finally completed after nearly twenty minutes. I had been stopping it because I figured the tool was hung. It was just deep in thought for a long time. smile

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Okay. Good to know.

Link Copied to Clipboard