Print Thread
#522718 18/07/14 09:47 AM
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Hi Everyone,

Firstly sorry if this has been posted before but I cannot find an answer.

I have followed the dialogue tutorials and created dialogue with an NPC I have placed in my mod. When I go to test the dialogue icon appears over the NPC and when I click no dialogue is initiated. (ie the window doesn't appear and I can't converse with him).

I have set the NPC to global. I'm sure it's something simple but I just can't work it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Filmogriter.

stranger
stranger
The file, I imagine, isn't associated with the NPC.

You can either set the DefaultDialog option to the filename of the dialogue that you created, or associate them in the story editor. Can't remember what the command is off the top of my head, but the step you need to check you have done is entering a command in the initialisation of one of your goals (it's like DB_Dialog or something). You can find this in the first quest scripting tutorial.

Edit: Unless this is generic dialogue, it's best practice to do it the second way I believe.

Last edited by Fyve; 18/07/14 01:37 PM.
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Thanks for the response Fyve, I will try that out and let you know how I go smile

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
In the story editor I am now receiving the erro: 'File'DEVILSTIDE_CaptainJack' is read only.

I can not edit or save anything in the story editor?

T
stranger
stranger
T
if you don't use, extracted main Goals in your mods, the read only error stop, but the script don't launch too. I try 2 times the first script tutorial, but nothing happen when I try to speak to the character. Maybe there is other issues like for the ai grid.

Last edited by TetedeBUG; 18/07/14 05:01 PM.
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Yeah. I'd like to sort this issue out. No quests no mod frown

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I have sorted my read only issue out (see thread - http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=44954&Number=522942#Post522942), however I am still unable to get the dialog to initiate.

Update;
Just started a new script and I'm having the same errors again no matter what I name my goal

Last edited by Filmogriter; 23/07/14 06:24 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard