As the title suggest, Candles are easy to get, easy to carry, and does not get damaged. Can be obtained early in tutorial dungeon and elsewhere.
If your build don't mix well with point in fire spells for environmental effects related to fire, candles are good fire source to light up oils, ooze, and cost only 2AP to throw and don't require you to equip anything like elemental staff does (4AP + requip cost).
Traits of Candle on the ground:
1) Will be kept lit inside a burning ground, at least until the burning ground is removed. If there is oil or ooze inside a puddle, it will lit the oil/ooze and keep burning until the burning ground is gone. If not met with water, it will keep being lit.
2) If left in water it will be put out, it only lit up for 1-2 seconds in puddles.
3) Will ignite when thrown into oil and create burning ground and blacksmoke, or explode when thrown into ooze. Just like any fire source.
4) Candles can be placed first and the resulting environmental effect is the same as the reverse as long as the candle is lit.
5) Casting poison that leave ooze on candle will cause explosion and also leave a burning ground the size of the ooze.
6) When poison is casted on top of the candle it will explode and leaving behind fire. When casting with only the edge of ooze touching the candle, sometimes it leaves behind both burning ground and a poison cloud. (Same as casting poison on a burning ground) The poison cloud and burning ground will burn and detonate when someone or something touches it like a land mine. Dealing explosive + burning + poison on the target.
7) Candle does not create steam in water.
8) If leave a candle in a poison trap or poison cloud trap, it will keep exploding over and over whenever the cloud or the ooze appear.
The quirk of the candle:
1) Candles will remain lit if you obtain it in lit status, unlit candles remains unlit till taken out and interact with it to light it.
2) When splitting a stack of candles in inventory, the candle becomes unlit. Otherwise #1 holds true AFAIK.
3) Whenever you are not sure if the candle is lit or want to make sure it is in the lit status, simply drop it on the ground and check.
4) Smallest size (single) candle have no collision, other candles sizes does block movement and is an invincible object (small object size though for path blocking).
I didn't see anyone mention on the forum so thought I'd share it if it fits into the build someone is aiming for.
Last edited by Neosai; 18/07/14 04:37 PM.