Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
In the story editor I am receiving the following error while attempting to type anything in the new goal I have created: 'File'DEVILSTIDE_CaptainJack' is read only. (DEVILSTIDE_CaptainJack being the new goal I am trying to set up).

Also when attempting to drag the new goal into the _Start group I get the following error;
Grouping node under'_Start' failed!

When saving and restarting the story editor my new goal I created is gone.

Anyone know what's causing this? I have all installed in the default steam folders and have followed the setup guides for first starting the engine. I have created a new mod and new level, done landscaping and added models to the scenery etc and all that is working fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
for some reason with the latest patch. It created the some new bugs preventing the creation of AI and certain script. It will either not save or insta crash your editor. i tried it myself and it would not save the work i have done. after several times of trying it just crashed my editor so i am kinda stuck here.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Feared - hopefully they will fix it in the next release. Although if it was an editor issue everyone would have the same problem...

addict
addict
I have the same error here.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
OK so a little update and discovery guys. It seems it has something to do with the naming of the goal;

The following naming attempts failed;
DEVILSTIDE_CaptainJack
DT_CaptainJack
DEVILSTIDECaptainJack

But the following naming worked fine;

CaptainJack

I don't understand why but at this stage I suggest that if you are experiencing this issue try renaming your goal. Hope this helps someone out.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Hey, I have to ask, I only got a list of goals, etc. when my mod has a dependency of the Main module. Is this the same for you? It seems like it could be annoying because when I go to load my level it will have what I assume are all the levels in the Main Module as well.

If this is not the case for you, I have to wonder what the differences are.

journeyman
journeyman
Any news about this problem ? It's kinda difficult to make a mod without scripts, so, I'll have to put my work with a mod on hold.

journeyman
journeyman
It's still throwing the "File is read-only" error on my face every time I try to edit a code with a Story Editor. However, I have found a work-a-round that works in my case. Create the file manually:

In location:
\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods\<YourMod>\Story\RawFiles\Goals\

Add a new text file with a name you want and with this content:
Version 1
SubGoalCombiner SGC_AND
INITSECTION

KBSECTION

EXITSECTION

ENDEXITSECTION

You can then move it under "__Start" section in the Story Editor and begin editing it.

journeyman
journeyman
After testing the publish function of the editor, it seems my story scripts were made read-only.

I haven't figured out a solid solution but I have a simple work-around to modify the files.

Modify the story files in an external text editor (Notepad++ for example). You can write the code in a new file in the script editor that provides contextual help and a compiler.When it's working, paste the new content in the file you want it in that's read only.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
If you published your mod, the files become read only until you delete the published .pak file from My Documents/Larian/Mods.

If you change the name of your mod midway through working on it, that will also cause issues in editing.

If your editor path and divinity path are set up wrong in the preferences, that'll cause issues too, but that's the least likely of your problems.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Burgee
If you published your mod, the files become read only until you delete the published .pak file from My Documents/Larian/Mods.

Spot on my friend! No need for my work around anymore!

Link Copied to Clipboard