Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Jul 2014
T
stranger
Offline
stranger
T
Joined: Jul 2014
Diabolus - My contribution to this thread was helping weed out a troll.

Your contribution was offering an intentionally vague and provoking comment right out of the gate, and then failing to elaborate on it when asked over and over and over. Instead you decided to repeat the original comment...as though it was profound enough to speak for itself without needing further clarification (which it failed in that respect, in case you didn't notice).

About the original idea? Sure...why not. The system for crafting currently in the game feels very half-baked. Mr. C's idea (along with probably 100 others) would be better than what's currently in the game.

At the end of the day, the main point is this: You've had so many chances to do the decent thing, and simply answer an easy question...but you instead wanted to instigate even more (as a troll would do) by purposefully not answering it with your responses.

When you tell somebody their idea won't work, and then they ask you why it won't work...a valid response is not "because it won't work"...Yet that's the only answer you've given multiple times. That's why you were reported for trolling.

Last edited by thetang22; 19/07/14 11:27 PM.
Joined: Jun 2014
D
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
D
Joined: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by thetang22
Diabolus - My contribution to this thread was helping weed out a troll.

Your contribution was offering an intentionally vague and provoking comment right out of the gate, and then failing to elaborate on it when asked over and over and over. Instead you decided to repeat the original comment...as though it was profound enough to speak for itself without needing further clarification (which it failed in that respect, in case you didn't notice).

About the original idea? Sure...why not. The system for crafting currently in the game feels very half-baked. Mr. C's idea (along with probably 100 others) would be better than what's currently in the game.

At the end of the day, the main point is this: You've had so many chances to do the decent thing, and simply answer an easy question...but you instead wanted to instigate even more (as a troll would do) by purposefully not answering it with your responses.

When you tell somebody their idea won't work, and then they ask you why it won't work...a valid response is not "because it won't work"...Yet that's the only answer you've given multiple times. That's why you were reported for trolling.

I don't know how many different ways I can say "this idea would never work". What don't you understand?

Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Germany
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Germany
Won't work because of co-op. If D:OS was a SP-only game a group inventory would be a an issue after all...


WOOS
Joined: Jun 2014
M
Mr. C Offline OP
member
OP Offline
member
M
Joined: Jun 2014
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Won't work because of co-op. If D:OS was a SP-only game a group inventory would be a an issue after all...


It would only have to be for the characters you run.

Or... only the group leader can make use of it.. or the group leader could designate which has it at any given time.

"Group Ingredients" isn't even a must have. Just a tool to better organize our crafting.

Joined: Jun 2014
S
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
S
Joined: Jun 2014
One way or the other the whole inventory UI could use some improvement.

And I didn't know that the concept of WHY was such a hard thing to understand.

Joined: Jun 2014
D
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
D
Joined: Jun 2014
Originally Posted by Sinthesizer
One way or the other the whole inventory UI could use some improvement.

And I didn't know that the concept of WHY was such a hard thing to understand.

Well that was my point exactly. His idea would never work. *Why* it would never work should be obvious.

Joined: Jun 2014
M
Mr. C Offline OP
member
OP Offline
member
M
Joined: Jun 2014
Originally Posted by Diabolus_Musica
Originally Posted by Sinthesizer
One way or the other the whole inventory UI could use some improvement.

And I didn't know that the concept of WHY was such a hard thing to understand.

Well that was my point exactly. His idea would never work. *Why* it would never work should be obvious.


I wonder how long the devs are going to let this guy do this sort of thing.

Joined: Jun 2014
D
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
D
Joined: Jun 2014
Originally Posted by Mr. C
Originally Posted by Diabolus_Musica
Originally Posted by Sinthesizer
One way or the other the whole inventory UI could use some improvement.

And I didn't know that the concept of WHY was such a hard thing to understand.

Well that was my point exactly. His idea would never work. *Why* it would never work should be obvious.


I wonder how long the devs are going to let this guy do this sort of thing.

Yes I agree, the devs should immediately put a stop to anyone in this forum that disagrees with Mr. C! This is an outrage!

Last edited by Diabolus_Musica; 20/07/14 07:12 PM.
Joined: Jan 2014
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2014
Originally Posted by Diabolus_Musica
I don't know how many different ways I can say "this idea would never work".

Well, trying something incredibly simple to understand, you could always say "this idea would never work, and the reason for that is.. <and insert your explanation of why it would fail to work here>".

Otherwise, it's looking like you don't actually know why it wouldn't work, and are instead just stalling in the hopes that someone else will come along and pull you out of that pit you've dug yourself into.

But, that's just my casual observer opinion.


Joined: Jun 2014
D
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
D
Joined: Jun 2014
Originally Posted by Gyson
Originally Posted by Diabolus_Musica
I don't know how many different ways I can say "this idea would never work".

Well, trying something incredibly simple to understand, you could always say "this idea would never work, and the reason for that is.. <and insert your explanation of why it would fail to work here>".

Otherwise, it's looking like you don't actually know why it wouldn't work, and are instead just stalling in the hopes that someone else will come along and pull you out of that pit you've dug yourself into.

But, that's just my casual observer opinion.


What?

Joined: Apr 2013
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Don't feed the rpg003 rpg008

Joined: Apr 2013
member
Offline
member
Joined: Apr 2013
TROLL TOLL!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5