Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Risine Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Right now, if my inventory is not sorted, I never know where new objects are placed, probably at the end, but not always.
One small but great thing that could be added is making the new items you get shine in the inventory until the mouse cursor inspect them.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Not to dismiss your suggestion but I'd like to put my vote on this. It does serve the purpose of letting you know what you just picked up but I much prefer the current feature that lets you do the same, which is to sort on Last added.

The benefit of sorting on the last added items is that you get to know which the new items are in one action, where as blinking items has to be moused over one at the time. But the really bad thing with blinking items is that they are distracting and want your attention rather than you choosing what to give attention to. When I see blinking items in other games I feel as if the items (or game designers) have an attention disorder.

+1 for this. i don't really have an issue because im a sorting freak sorting all items in bags/barrels XD but it would be nice for other people.

R
Risine Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I understand your point of view about sorting.
But thing is the best sorting method (and yet unsatisfying ) for me is by type. Therefore, I don't want each time I get an object to change my sorting method and revert back afterwards.
Shining ( or whatever ) objects would be great with no action from my part to find them.

Last edited by Risine; 21/07/14 09:57 AM.
stranger
stranger
Just leave the top 2 rows in your inventory free.
So any item in the top 2 rows is new. It's easy, and does not need new GFX for the game.

After inspecting sell/move the item away from the top 2 rows (I actually use only 1 row) so you can again gather new stuff.

enthusiast
enthusiast
you can sort by new objects

Originally Posted by DragonCommander
you can sort by new objects

this

R
Risine Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
As I explained, there are solutions of course, as you said, like sorting by new objects.
But that's a bad solution for those like me who want to sort differently. So, having a direct and easy way to see new objects would be great.

veteran
veteran
I would hate blinking...

Knights of the Old Republic II also uses the 'blinking' method, and it's annoying... constant blinking, and you need to click all items to make it stop. And then it goes again when you find a new item.
IMO it's a cure worse than the disease...

Link Copied to Clipboard