Astarte dies.
Game over.
WTF?!?

Is it supposed to go like this?
It wasn't even once my turn!
What the heck can I do?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I guess you don't have leadership 6 on one of your party members? That Initiative boost allows most of your chars to act before the enemies.

I haven't tried it myself, but try casting invisibility on her if you have that spell.
Or invulnerability.

The dragon really kicks the hell out of Astarte when the fight starts, but once one of your guys is near the dragon it should focus its attention on you.

M
Mortal Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Mortal
Originally Posted by Gotcha!
.. try casting invisibility on her ..

I would, if I would actually get the chance to do so.
I loose before I can do a single action tough.

And no, I don't have leadership 6.
I did not anticipate, that suddenly in the final battle it is necessary, whereas the rest of the game went just fine.

Oh well, guess I will have to save just after killing the demon, to reload game until dragon will finally miss Astrate.

Don't like the design of this battle at all tough, to place such an unecpected condition like leadership 6 as a preliminary win condition.

I agree. Babysitting npc's is never enjoyable. And that goes double for babysitting npc's in boss battles.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I was able to blind that giant sucker. Several times. Also able to manage throwing minions as far as possible with teleport and featherfall. It was a mess at first, though, keeping her naked butt alive for several rounds...

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
What? this is one of the most easy encounters for a final battle to me i hated it. Also i never helped Goddess lady, all i had to do is that cast rain then blind+stun then tada the game is over.

addict
addict
just cast at least one shield on her and she will survive. then heal her up. if multiple shields are up, no big deal really

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
M
Mortal Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
The reading comprehension is extremely weak in here.
I stated it twice already, but I will do so a third time.
My problem with the fight is, that he was able to kill Astarte
before I got my first turn.
In case that is not clear, not having a turn makes it hard
to cast stuff on her or stun the boss.

Yes, I suppose I could run towards the edge during the fight against the Thrife,
to be able to buff her in time before the battle starts, but this
is a design I (personally) really much dislike to an extent I
wanted to complain here.

apprentice
apprentice
Just finished this fight (annoying long) but tbh the void dragon never attacked Astarte, only the minions attacked her and the void dragon only attack my Knight (with full resistance...only normal hit dmg for 250+-)

Astarte just stood there spamming Bless+Minor Heal like 25man raid ungeared priest -_-

you should try to freeze the dragon...freezing is OP in this game, especially because here is no diminishing return.

enthusiast
enthusiast

to cast stuff on her or stun the boss

Yes, I suppose I could run towards the edge during the fight against the Thrife,
wanted to complain here.

OK. You don't like that the design makes it possible for something very unfortunate and apparently unlikely to happen. It happened to you. You are unhappy. I get that.

Other people are telling you, by example, that what happened to you is an unlikely occurrence, possibly made worse by your preferred tactics, and not an intrinsically designed event.

This is not an issue of everybody else's reading comprehension. This is an example of most people disagreeing with your basic point.

Sympathetically, in case you missed that.

L
stranger
stranger
L
to cast stuff on her or stun the boss.

wanted to complain here.

The samething happened to me not once but twice in a row. Before you guys start jumping to conclusions, YES my main character has 6 in leadership. Three party members have 20+ initiative and yet the boss gets first turn and kills her. I guess I'll try and cast invisibility on her just before Trite dies but this is a design oversight.

Larian should have made her invulnerable if her health drops below 10%. I have no problems healing her and my characters have well over 100% resist in almost everything. I just want a chance to get a TURN! smirk

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
This is weird. For me the dragon takes his turn first and focuses Astarte, but never kills her in one turn. He gets her to maybe half health and then I just heal/cast shield on her and everything is fine.

In your game is Astarte damaged from the battle with Trife when the dragon fight starts? Does she have any debuffs on her? Also you know you can delay starting the fight with the dragon as long as you want, right? It only triggers if you move up far enough. If need be, you can just stay out of combat and pre-cast some shields on Astarte and then trigger the fight.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Alright! After 94 hours of playtime I finally did it. But I could have very well ended up again getting Astarte killed third time in a row. The thing that worked from me was I had a summoned skeleton pretty close to where the boss spawns and he took 2 of the 4 spells at start - which meant that Astarte lived!

Mortal - my advice would be the same. Have someone pretty close to the boss spawn but in opposite direction to Astarte so that at least 1 of his spell doesn't hit her.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Or you could just trigger the fight when your group is close to Astarte. This also makes it so the summons spawn further away form her.

S
stranger
stranger
S
when I said I blinded the void dragon, I meant that it won the initiative roll, man

although in my case, it was somehow pissed off at my tank... but the minions kept ganging up on astarte anyway and spending AP on featherfall/teleport/heal just to keep them off her was kinda annoying at first before I caught the rhythm

Link Copied to Clipboard