Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
I've noticed that there's no Dual Wielding in the game, but if you only have a dagger equipped, your character seems to attack twice. Is this just a visual thing, or are you actually doing 2 attacks?

Would you be better off equipping a shield, or just using a 2-Handed weapon?

Last edited by LegendarySJ; 22/07/14 07:54 PM.
old hand
old hand
Depends on your build. Its all good.

Characters do attack twice while holding only one dagger. We asked for dual wielding daggers but they said it would be difficult to do. Some arcane dev metaphysical reason no doubt.

S
S
Depends on what char you want.

About daggers: Yes, without shield you attack twice. And this is why using dagger and shield is useless. You protect your rogue from dying by hiding, not making him a tank. Giving him shield will make him a little more tanky, but it will also decrease his dmg by 50%. And rogue's primary role is dealing a lot of dmg. It's much more efficient to use sneaking to protect him, than trying to make him more tanky.

1h str weapons + shield warrior is going to be very tanky, high lvl shield after boosting with crafting can easily have ~50% block chance. With couple of points in shield ability, you can block nearly every enemy melee attack. And you also can have resistances (tenebrium resistance too) and other bonuses on shield. Using 1h str based weapons without shield is stupid, because attacking twice works only with daggers.

2h warrior - insane damage, but much less tanky than 1h + shield. Even with high elemental resistances, without using overpowered traits like leech + comeback kid, 2h warrior can be killed pretty fast with melee attacks if you're not careful.

Last edited by Shaki; 22/07/14 08:35 PM.
old hand
old hand
Thats if you want to play a strict rogue... in a classless game.
I play a hybrid fighter with rogue skills and he uses a dagger and a shield. Or sometimes an axe or a sword. Depending on what i fancy or need.

S
S
Originally Posted by Hiver
Thats if you want to play a strict rogue... in a classless game.
I play a hybrid fighter with rogue skills and he uses a dagger and a shield. Or sometimes an axe or a sword. Depending on what i fancy or need.

I found hybrid rogue/warrior completely useless build, but maybe i was wrong. Battlemage was working pretty well for me, rogue-mage wasn't so bad, but rogue-warrior... Any tips how to play that hybrid?

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Thanks for the responses. I guess my original question was aimed at whether or not the "double attack" was real and whether it only worked with daggers. I was hoping to try out a double attacking sword or axe character, but it looks like that wouldn't work frown

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Shaki

I found hybrid rogue/warrior completely useless build, but maybe i was wrong. Battlemage was working pretty well for me, rogue-mage wasn't so bad, but rogue-warrior... Any tips how to play that hybrid?

No tips, figure it out yourself. Thats a more rewarding experience.

Its a fighter-rogue-witch-mage kind of a build actually. Currently. - And i dont use sneaking and backstabbing at all.

I just dont even think about classes in OS.

Originally Posted by LegendarySJ
Thanks for the responses. I guess my original question was aimed at whether or not the "double attack" was real and whether it only worked with daggers. I was hoping to try out a double attacking sword or axe character, but it looks like that wouldn't work frown

And it shouldnt. That would be too cheesy and turn the game into a farce. OS is a tongue in cheek fantasy but not of that farcical kind.

Two daggers - with double AP cost, that would be appropriate. And much easier to do since the animation is basically already there.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by Shaki
Any tips how to play that hybrid?
Backstabbing does the highest damage in the game, so Bully naturally makes that even better. Battering Ram and Crushing Fist can knock people down for you to absolutely destroy. Rage further multiplies your Backstab damage. Nullify Resistance is just damn good in general. DO NOT touch melee power stance when you are wielding daggers. Whirlwind is not especially amazing with daggers, but starting fights with Rage + Stealth + Guerrilla + Whirlwind is a very solid combo.

Rage + Stealth + Guerrilla + Battering Ram is also a lot of fun.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Rogues hit harder with shield. They lose double attack, but their hits go up quite a bit. So it's not a no brainer to use rogue without shield. They do not lose 50% damage, in fact they likely do more against armored foes.

Besides unequip shield is free move, equipping is 2AP.

Link Copied to Clipboard