Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
addict
Originally Posted by dirigible
Originally Posted by dlux
Leech: If you get hit, then you heal like 15-30 hp. Later in the game that is less than 5% of your HP pool... The talent is certainly helpful at the beginning of the game, but is far from being overpowered, it is actually a completely useless skill later in the game.

Leech currently heals for about 1/2 to 1/3 the damage I take from physical attacks. That is insanely powerful, even ignoring the other ways that Leech is broken.

I have a charcter with leech, it only heals about 15 to maybe 30 hp per physical hit. Not very much, basically worthless. Might be a good combo with glass cannon though.

Imagine if there was a talent that increased your HP by 200%. That would be ridiculously good, right? More useful than any other talent. Well Leech does that, AND MORE.

Except leech doesn't artificially raise your HP by 200%, not even close. And a lot of the damage that you take isn't even physical damage.

Last edited by dlux; 23/07/14 06:12 PM.
veteran
veteran
Guys, I was not aware of the leech/comback kid combo. No need to get so butthurt.

By themselves both are perfectly fine and that is what I thought this thread was about.

Originally Posted by Shaki

Leech: You have 100/3000 hp. Some enemy cause you to bleed, or you cast bloodletting on yourself. Boom. You have 3000/3000 hp instantly.

That doesn't work.

Doesn't change the fact that enemies do it too, but their version lasts a lot longer and is more powerful. So as I see it, this only levels the playing field and gives you a small chance where you wouldn't have any.

addict
addict
You can heal a character with a high fire resistance by casting fireball on him too.

Game is shit I guess.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
So as I see it, this only levels the playing field and gives you a small chance where you wouldn't have any.

Are you kidding? You can definitely play the game without using Leech at all. In fact, if you don't want to be ridiculously overpowered you HAVE to skip leech.

You can heal a character with a high fire resistance by casting fireball on him too.

Game is shit I guess.

Now imagine that you didn't have to stack fire resist. Imagine there was just a talent that gave you +100% fire resist.
Now imagine that about two thirds of the enemies in the game deal nothing but fire damage.
That's what Leech is like.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
So as I see it, this only levels the playing field and gives you a small chance where you wouldn't have any.

Are you kidding? You can definitely play the game without using Leech at all. In fact, if you don't want to be ridiculously overpowered you HAVE to skip leech.

Game is shit I guess.

Now imagine that you didn't have to stack fire resist. Imagine there was just a talent that gave you +100% fire resist.
Now imagine that about two thirds of the enemies in the game deal nothing but fire damage.
That's what Leech is like.

Except leech doesn't make you immune to physical damage.

doh.

M
stranger
stranger
M
That's not really an accurate portrayal of how leach works, that being said I do think it's one of the strongest traits you can get.

People say strongest, but I'd disagree - glass cannon has less trade offs even on hard mode (where you wind up with 25% of your HP).

"Please make game more challenging for people like me" - Metagaming, Save Scumming, Playing Easy
Y
stranger
stranger
Y
The only situation where I see it being OP is in conjunction with comeback kid(CK) and when you get a bleed on you. The normal hits you get where it does a single heal on you seem like it is just a decent damage reduction talent. So if they could somehow put a timer on how often it could proc, that might fix both issues. Maybe a cooldown on CK where if you didn't get a good heal in time or 3 enemies hit you back to back you would certainly die. Also if there was a cooldown on leech, the bleed would only heal you once and not put you back at full health.

The amount you get healed for might be another balancing issue but it just seems more balanced late game when you are taking more melee damage. Early on the melee seems kind of weak and you get healed for as much if not more than you get hit for. Maybe change the percent it heals for, or change it based on your level and not your health pool.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
True, honestly it would me more like this.

Imagine there was a talent that made you heal from all fire damage AND had a 50% chance to light you on fire when an enemy damages you.

THAT'S more like what Leech does.

addict
addict
The HP of my Madora went down from 1500hp to about 700hp within a single round against the end boss (hard difficulty). My Madora has 100+ percent elemental resistance to everything except tenebrium (void damage) and also has the leech trait.

Leech is probably the smallest of the game's problems, if it even is a problem. So stop getting so hung up on it.

Last edited by dlux; 23/07/14 07:45 PM.
D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
I would say the SMALLEST of the game's problems is that there are character portraits which have features you can't even get in the character creator.

Like, a bald head.
Or a black facial tattoo.

Seriously, what's up with that??

old hand
old hand
It's so bad the guard from Skyrim now says "If I had leech when I took that one to the knee, I would have been Emperor!".

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
How about instead of crying nerf you just don't buy the freaking skill? Or go back to MMO games, either or. This is not a competitive game with rankings or ladders etc. Changing these skills may make the game easier than you like (or in my case playable as im a stinking cazual) but you can always not use it?
Although these posts did remind me to disable automatic updates just in case smile

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Originally Posted by Danarchy
How about instead of crying nerf you just don't buy the freaking skill? Or go back to MMO games, either or. This is not a competitive game with rankings or ladders etc. Changing these skills may make the game easier than you like (or in my case playable as im a stinking cazual) but you can always not use it?
Although these posts did remind me to disable automatic updates just in case smile

It kind of sucks when I have to avoid half the options in the game, because otherwise it makes combat trivial.
Are you playing on easy? Because if not, you should simply switch difficulty rather than rely on a (probably bugged) talent.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard