Next Thread
Print Thread
D
DDK Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Sorry if this has been pointed out already but it was a weird one to determine search terms for so I couldn't find anything on it.

Basically, whenever I load a game despite having the male character as the party leader and having saved it with him being targeted, it always switches to the female main character.

This is seriously annoying as it means constantly having to switch back and constantly forgetting to do so and then having the female character end up in conversations when I have the male character's Charm maxed so that he can be the party talking-head.

This has happened on numerous saves on different profiles and character combinations so it's not just a random bug.

Larian Studios
Larian Studios

Does it matter what order the portraits are in?

I has a similar problem some time ago, but it was fixed.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, any crash dumps, and your saved games (which are not directly relevant, so you could delete all but maybe one, to reduce file size).

D
DDK Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
No, it doesn't matter what order the portraits are in.

I started a new game under a new profile with the female character as lead. She was the Number I character at creation, she's always the top portrait and whenever I save a game, she's the currently selected character. Level 8 and all of a sudden now whenever I reload it's switching to the male character. Very annoying.

D
stranger
stranger
D
happens to me too, just that i have changed genders, so gender is not the point obvoiously.

I hope this helps somehow :P

Hope this gets fixed soon

P
stranger
stranger
P
I'm getting this also, few things:
First it only happens in Cyseal. If I go to Homestead, Black Cove or Luculla, save there and reload, then I have whatever character I had selected when I saved. If I go to Cyseal, doesn't matter which character I save with it's always the "second" character that gets defaulted. I assume whenever the bug occurs it "locks" that particular zone but not the others.

Second, I believe this is linked to saving then reloading during dialogues or events. I'm not 100% sure but I think the game believes you're still in a dialogue and default to the character that initiated that. However it seems curious since I almost never initiates dialogues with my 2nd char but I believe one time I had the Fabulous Five recruitment dialogue start when I had the 2nd char selected, saved since I wanted to make sure I had the right traits bonus from the questions and it broke. However talking to him again with the other character, saving and reloading fixed that particular save.

I couldn't reproduce the fix though on my most recent game, I'm not 100% sure which dialogue broke and so I can't check if my theory is right.

I've obviously tried a lot of stuff to fix it otherwise, breaking chain, recruiting henchmen, moving far away from each other, having one character dead, saving in combat, saving in dialogues, changing group formation, changing group position, leveling up, completing all the quests I had when it started bugging, using the actual save/load buttons instead of quicksave/quickload, quitting to main menu before reloading, restarting the game before reloading and such, none of it worked.

Gender definitely unrelated, I play with female/female combo. In case of though, the bugged character that defaults everytime is the one on the right on the char creation, when I usually use the left one to lead.

Link Copied to Clipboard