Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I despise that one character gets to advance while the other doesn't. Would it be possible to mod it so that both characters can reap the benefits of these books?

stranger
stranger
There's already a mod that keeps the skillbooks from disappearing after use.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=513435#Post513435

It's easy to make something difficult.
It's difficult to make something easy.
R
addict
addict
R
Originally Posted by Lividity

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=513435#Post513435

Except that my mod doesn't affect the Skill/Attribute books. Those two specific skillbooks function differently than the other skillbooks code-wise and there is no option in the Template to prevent them from disappearing. It would also be broken, allowing infinite Skill/Attribute point gains.

Getting the vendor to spawn two books, on the other hand, might be possible. I'll have to look into it.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Rhidian

Except that my mod doesn't affect the Skill/Attribute books. Those two specific skillbooks function differently than the other skillbooks code-wise and there is no option in the Template to prevent them from disappearing. It would also be broken, allowing infinite Skill/Attribute point gains.

Getting the vendor to spawn two books, on the other hand, might be possible. I'll have to look into it.

Ah. I guess I didn't read his request properly. My bad.

It's easy to make something difficult.
It's difficult to make something easy.
M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Lividity

I would really appreciate that. Thank you.

R
addict
addict
R
Getting vendors to spawn with specific items is proving difficult. Any attempts to modify their TreasureTable (which describes their stock) gets overwritten by the Main campaign. Changing an NPC's equipment doesn't work either, since their stock refreshes at least once between them spawning and opening their inventory.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Getting vendors to spawn with specific items is proving difficult. Any attempts to modify their TreasureTable (which describes their stock) gets overwritten by the Main campaign. Changing an NPC's equipment doesn't work either, since their stock refreshes at least once between them spawning and opening their inventory.

The only way i found to make modified TreasureTable work is put the Treasuretable.txt in the path of \Data\Public\Main\Stats\Generated, force it to replace the original one. It works fine for single player but will cause corrupt file warning and shut down the multiplay function.

Not sure this is intended to be or just a bug...

Link Copied to Clipboard