Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
n3m3c1s Offline OP
OP Offline
Talk to Loic, says he'll brb ... but he never returns.

In my previous play throughs he returns with buddies and I get to mob the floor with them.

This time naddah.

All I can think of is that since I took the "back door" to his office much earlier in this game that it either bugs this encounter out, or negates it entirely?

journeyman
journeyman
Did you get the blood stone? Maybe getting the blood stone will trigger his return.

Btw, I'm just curious, where is he after he left? in town?

old hand
old hand
I just did this part - well after i got the tenebrium skill, went all around, cleared half the map and went through his office, took the two stones there and emerged back in the immaculate chapel in Silverglen. (didnt use them though)

Did the spiders...etc, etc. - then went to do the trial.

Used the stone there to heal myself from Rot.

Everything works fine - but i followed him to the portal when he ran and had the fight right there when he came back with reinforcements.

n3m3c1s Offline OP
OP Offline
Strange.

I ended up reloading a few times at different save points, and had the same issue.

In the end as he ran away I lite him up, and ended up only fighting him. Wasn't sure I needed his keys, but figured better safe than sorry.

@SpaceHamster - not sure where he ends up if he doesn't return, I forced the encounter instead

journeyman
journeyman
There is another blood stone inside the test site, before Loic, or in your case, after the room where you find Loic. My guess is that you are suppose to touch/take it so It will trigger Loic to a dialog where he wonder how did you heal .

n3m3c1s Offline OP
OP Offline
There are 2 in the temple, grabbed em both.

That's why he runs off .. because I "used" the 1 just before him to get rid of the rot (though it's not like you have a choice in the matter).

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
huh didnt know there were two. i accidentally lockpicked the room in the temple which got me the first stone, then went and did everything up to where i spent a few minutes hacking away at the ground to kill that darn chicken, noticed loic he wet hmiself and ran for the re-inforcements and after i killed them i didnt notice anything about another stone to heal myself. =(

n3m3c1s Offline OP
OP Offline
nah there isn't another bloodstone, just a second empty one (the one in the chicken room).

addict
addict
Steal Loic's key to lock him in the temple.

Link Copied to Clipboard