Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Don't get me wrong I really like this game, but there are so many bugs, it makes you wonder If they've sat down to play their own game. But then maybe if you do Everything in the "correct" order, it works perfectly.

Quests seems to bug out if you dont do them in the correct order, unreachable items you clearly reach, npcs turning hostile for no reason, (perhaps getting caught in the fire from OTHER npcs turns them, a theory I have, together with entering a fight of npcs at the wrong time...makes sense?) and unkillable NPC
Im stuck at the War of the stones atm,with an unkillable Orc. i've read about workarounds, involving talking to him and giving him gold and or killing him Before the fight starts. Here's the deal. I can't talk to this Orc, and I cant kill him. GG.

So when can I expect to continue?

Also, just telling someone to kill everyone etc as a fix, is the worst solution i've ever heard, this is a roleplaying game ffs. Having to kill everyone because random hostile turning is really bad programming and needs fixing.

Last edited by freddebw; 24/07/14 12:16 PM.
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Ok, I just might have fixed it, failing to pickpocket him,turning both hostile and killable aswell, still needs proper fixing though, now, lets see if it works, and if we can manage without hostiling the cat...

Last edited by freddebw; 24/07/14 12:28 PM.
veteran
veteran
Haven't really had issues with NPCs other than jahan's whiny ass keeps making me reload the game because every time he gets touched in battle he throws a tantrum and disappears....pussy.

Oh and I had a rabbit attack me once....no kidding, I didn't do anything to it, didn't try to attack it or anything. I entered an area and I saw the word "Fight" appear on screen and I was in combat mode. I was a bit puzzled because I couldn't see anyone at first, then I saw a goblin but he wasn't it, he was friendly and minding his business and that's when I noticed at the top of the screen a fluffy bunny rabbit in a red lined box....my sole nemesis!! I killed the bunny and combat was over and I traded with the friendly goblin afterwards. No idea what that was about. Maybe a bug but I'm not sure really....if I missed something and someone can enlighten me as to what the hell happened please do.

But beyond that ferocious bunny there was always a very distinct reason for why people attacked....like stealing, failed persuasions, me attacking someone and so on.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Yeah, im not talking about any of that, except maybe npcs accidently attacking other npc with aoe or Arrows, wich don't seem to go through to the right target, when someone's blocking, I don't know, I'm lonewolfing with wiz and Knight, but tooltip says Arrows are suposed to to through friendly units to the target. I've seen npcs kill eachother with this, wich is kind of retarded imo.

Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Oh and I had a rabbit attack me once...

Was it packing a holy handgrenade? :O

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Ok, I'm not a moderator, but as a fellow citizen of the boards, can I politely ask you to moderate your language?

It's not ok to use female genitalia as an insult (darth), nor to casually reference the mentally disabled as a curse word. (freddebw)

On the one hand sexism, on the other insulting use of language towards a disabled minority.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Wow, Calling something (not someone) retarded is offensive? How is that even possible.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gotcha!
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Oh and I had a rabbit attack me once...

Was it packing a holy handgrenade? :O

I don't think so? Not sure really....there's so much loot in this game a lot of times I'm not sure what's dropped by enemies and what was in the environment before.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
@freddebw

http://www.r-word.org/r-word-effects-of-the-word.aspx

From around paragraph three I think you can infer how offensive it is for the word and all its close derivations.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Vandraman
Ok, I'm not a moderator, but as a fellow citizen of the boards, can I politely ask you to moderate your language?

It's not ok to use female genitalia as an insult (darth), nor to casually reference the mentally disabled as a curse word. (freddebw)

On the one hand sexism, on the other insulting use of language towards a disabled minority.

Bwahahahahahaha.....get a spine, and go take shower, sounds like you got sand stuck in sensitive places. oops

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
im sorry for you bro, you must get offended ALOT, in real Life smirk
I remember people getting offended by upside down crosses in Diablo, a game about the devil.. People get offended by all kinsd of...stuff.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
I'm really only offended by proxy. I'm just suggesting you don't use sexist or offensive language in public forums. Glad you're both dealing with it so maturely. Maybe as you get a bit older you'll consider your language use a bit more thoughtfully.

On topic: the only really game-stopping bug is the starstone/ homestead unlock bug, which I got hit with. Not sure when that's likely to be fixed, but it is a biggie. Still, it's right near the end of the game, so I've had about 80 hours of fun. I can wait for the last few smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Vandraman
I'm really only offended by proxy. I'm just suggesting you don't use sexist or offensive language in public forums. Glad you're both dealing with it so maturely. Maybe as you get a bit older you'll consider your language use a bit more thoughtfully.

On topic: the only really game-stopping bug is the starstone/ homestead unlock bug, which I got hit with. Not sure when that's likely to be fixed, but it is a biggie. Still, it's right near the end of the game, so I've had about 80 hours of fun. I can wait for the last few smile

Hahahahaha, this is hysterical!! Here are some tips to avoid getting offended:

1) Never leave the house.
2) Never get on the internet.
3) Never turn on any tv...actually avoid all forms of media...books, movies, music, games, etc. etc. etc.
4) Avoid all human contact...just trust me on this one, conflict and hurt feelings are unavoidable when you're around another human for pretty much any period of time.

veteran
veteran
You know what's ironic... that that's coming from you... the guy who went all ape-shit in another threat about having to make choices on skills and not getting them all...

Oh, the irony, IT BURNS.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
You know what's ironic... that that's coming from you... the guy who went all ape-shit in another threat about having to make choices on skills and not getting them all...

Oh, the irony, IT BURNS.

I'm not offended by it, I may call it out on being bull**** but I'm not here to pull out political nonsense? I post on here in between reading articles or a variety of topics. I'll entertain your arguments about about what proper balance should be and how hard everyone's experience should be for a while no matter how demented they may be....and they are VERY demented.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 24/07/14 02:26 PM.
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Ok, I see this is going in a bad direction, I'd just want to add, this is the way I talk, and most people i know too, no offense intended. Oh, I'm 31 btw smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by freddebw
Ok, I see this is going in a bad direction, I'd just want to add, this is the way I talk, and most people i know too, no offense intended. Oh, I'm 31 btw smile

Oh that was something else. Hassat's behind is hurting because of a different thread and topic altogether.

W
W
But there really isn't any need for it. Why can't everyone just get along, and not be offensive? Would that really be so difficult?

Originally Posted by Whysper
But there really isn't any need for it. Why can't everyone just get along, and not be offensive? Would that really be so difficult?

Unfortunately it is that difficult, especially on the internet, where it's so easy to spout offensive words while hiding safely behind one's screen.
Add to that the fact that anyone can get online, the difference in age and personalities of people and, well... I feel I don't need to say more.

Instead of starting an unwinnable discussion, it's better to just report someone's post and hope the moderator that reads your complaint feels the way you do. *shrug*

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gotcha!
Originally Posted by Whysper

Unfortunately it is that difficult, especially on the internet, where it's so easy to spout offensive words while hiding safely behind one's screen.
Add to that the fact that anyone can get online, the difference in age and personalities of people and, well... I feel I don't need to say more.

Instead of starting an unwinnable discussion, it's better to just report someone's post and hope the moderator that reads your complaint feels the way you do. *shrug*

If only certain people wouldn't try to presume to tell others how to play their games and lead their lives and mind their own damn game things would be great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard